closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nardi HMS C-20

Master

Nardi HMS C-20

I’ve just ordered one of these on Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-100/comments

It’s made from the recycled steel from a Type 22 Frigate HMS Cornwall so is in HY-80 instead of 316L.

Thought it was a rather unique design - should be delivered in April/May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some very nice and somewhat original design details in that, and looks well-executed with a good back story. Gotta love the micros

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Some very nice and somewhat original design details in that, and looks well-executed with a good back story. Gotta love the micros
    Yeah, 46% backed after 1 and a bit days - not too bad 🙂

Jesus.

The bickering on the thread in your link!

Dealing with that lot would be a nightmare.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Jesus.

The bickering on the thread in your link!

Dealing with that lot would be a nightmare.
    Opppssss - sorry was meant to have posted a link to the front page.

But yeah, I've got to feel sorry for the creators.....it seems nothing but hassle.

Master
    For anyone interested Nardi have started a Vlog explaining how they went through the design process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ww...ature=youtu.be

Master
    It looks great but the name is triggering my inner pedant - HMS C20.
    C20 was the pennant number of the cruiser HMS Tiger. HMS Cornwall had the pennant number F99.
    Still a great looking piece though.

Craftsman
    Anyone know how the corrosion resistance of HY-80 compares with 316?

I’m ok with AISI or ASTM stuff but ship building grades are way beyond my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
    Anyone know how the corrosion resistance of HY-80 compares with 316?

I’m ok with AISI or ASTM stuff but ship building grades are way beyond my knowledge.

Apparently Sinn also use it https://forums.timezone.com/index.ph...=1017903&rid=0

They could follow up with other famous Navy names - HMS Sultan and the like

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    They could follow up with other famous Navy names - HMS Sultan and the like
    HMS Sultan is the RN Engineering Establishment at Portsmouth, a long established name. There are, as you say, several classic names that would lend themselves.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    HMS Sultan is the RN Engineering Establishment at Portsmouth, a long established name. There are, as you say, several classic names that would lend themselves.
    I'd quite like 'Warspite'

Master
    They've just posted the 2nd Vlog

I hadn't appreciated the issue with the Bezel - interesting, in a nerdy kind of way 🙂

Master
    This is the 3rd instalment of their Vlog that discusses some of the finer design details.

Also answers the question of the minute hand colour and lume.

They’ve obviously put a lot of thought into the design.

https://youtu.be/Txng4FY-9w0

Master
    They’ve just released some more promotional photos

Master
    They've now added some optional extras - including a Metal Bracelet and a lux pack that also includes an unfinished piece of HMS Cornwall and Photobook of her

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...00/description

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I’ve just ordered one of these on Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-100/comments

It’s made from the recycled steel from a Type 22 Frigate HMS Cornwall so is in HY-80 instead of 316L.

Thought it was a rather unique design - should be delivered in April/May.

Just backed it as well, not a lot of money so why not.

I've backed it too but slightly concerned about the narrow margins they're likely to have without going above their £43,000 goal.
    I realise there are 10 days left so time to go way beyond but I'm reluctant to stick with projects that don't make a reasonable amount over and above their goal.
    I was stung before with a project that was narrowly funded. As with all these things, unexpected issues came up that meant more money was needed. Long story short, officially the project hasn't been closed, they say they want to issue refunds but also that it's still possible we might get our watches. It was due to be delivered in June 2018!
    If this doesn't end up at close to £60k I may well pull out. Fingers crossed it all goes ahead as it's a lovely, unique design with some real history.

Really glad I stuck with this. Comms are good, detail looks great and the watch is back in progress! Anyone else very excited this is gonna happen sooner rather than later?

Mark's handling of the Corona situation has been great and the little added extra possibility of finding the anchor is seriously cool!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Really glad I stuck with this. Comms are good, detail looks great and the watch is back in progress! Anyone else very excited this is gonna happen sooner rather than later?

Mark's handling of the Corona situation has been great and the little added extra possibility of finding the anchor is seriously cool!
    Yeah, I think they've done a great job on keeping everyone updated and on-board 🙂

Order confirmed & the money's gone from my bank so it's just a case of waiting for the thing now. I think it's a fantastic looking watch & the amount of effort the manufacturers have put into it is impressive. I'm very much looking forward to this one & I'm getting giddy (almost) 😊

Journeyman
    Got one on order and its fair to say that covid has thrown a tool chest of spanners in the works but there's light at the end of the tunnel now (final assembly in March)

The Nardi front man has put some fantastically detailed videos out and they seem pretty anal about the project; there's features, details, finishes and components that you'd expect on watches thrice the price. its been a VERY long wait but i'm certainly glad i got in on it (lux pack to include dog tags made from the hull, presentation box, booklet detailing manufacture, both leather and bracelet).

Anyone else now pretty much at the end of their tether with this?

Comms once a month or so with broken promises of further communication "tomorrow." No sign of any completed watches. The Director breaking up the company and talking of taking a loan to complete to project?

I just can't see this happening now.

I don't buy some accusations that Mark/Nardi was always intended to be a fraudulent KS - in fact I think they're scandalous at times - but I do think he's beginning to string backers along. I'm gutted cos I'm on a 2-year hiatus from buying watches and this was going to be the one to tide me over in that time!

This may be my final KS as I've been stung once before on a watch and a couple of other times on other items. I can't just keep throwing cash at it.

Anyone feeling more positive?

Master

Anyone feeling more positive?
    No, I'm not.

I think its fair that COVID did cause some delay - but that watch was fully funded on the 26 Feb 2020 and due for delivery during April 2020 so should have been half-finished by the time COVID hit.

I thought the video updates were good - but since February this year I think we've been getting strung along big time.

The Company has not filed the Documents it should have - and it seems the Registrar of Companies therefore decided to start procedures to strike the Company off - meaning that all property owned by the company - including watch parts and monies - would go to the Crown with the creditors/backers not having any rights to claim against it. Notice was first given on 27 April 2021.

However, in on 26 May 2021 Mark re-appeared - claiming that they (Nardi) had decided to dissolve the company - but this would be after delivery of the watch.

However, the correct way that Directors (as opposed to Creditors) dissolve a company is by Voluntary Liquidation - where a Creditors meeting is called - and accounts have to be prepared - it's then Liquidated, and then dissolved. But Mark hasn't followed that procedure at all.

But - someone objects to the dissolution and its temporarily suspended.

On 21 June 2021 Mark again makes an appearance after a month. This time he says that the Company doesn't have the money to complete the watch - but offers no form of explanation as to what has happened to the £50k + that Backers gave the Company. He says that the Company is going to have to seek a loan and he's going to have to take on some 'contract' work - but he does not state that the Company is going to seek a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement.

In the meantime it is found out that he was appointed an Officer of another Company on 21 April 2021 - but the details don't identify him as being an Officer in Nardi (which he still is).

He keeps on referring to a 'team' but he is the only Officer in Nardi and no-one ever has seen anyone else.

It appears that some movements are defective, dials are defective, gaskets are defective and there was also an issue with the crowns - which apparently Nardi took legal action about and lost.

Mark has now gone silent again. There has been no word on what has happened to the £50k, there has been no Accounts provided - and not 1 single completed watch has been presented.

I really don't get a good feeling at all......

It's such a shame we've gone from this

Yeah, I think they've done a great job on keeping everyone updated and on-board 
    To this

since February this year I think we've been getting strung along big time.

I really don't get a good feeling at all......
    But over a year has passed in between and I am pretty much there that we'll never see our money again nor a watch.

What I don't understand is if we're being strung along Mark could have just gone silent ages ago and not continued to make promises. It's ludicrous!

Master
    It's such a shame we've gone from this

To this

But over a year has passed in between and I am pretty much there that we'll never see our money again nor a watch.

What I don't understand is if we're being strung along Mark could have just gone silent ages ago and not continued to make promises. It's ludicrous!
    Well perhaps I'm reading Post 21 wrong - but to me it seems Pauluspaolo didn't order his watch to November (?) perhaps he'll confirm - so it seems that some orders do come in late.

I'd like to see where the money has gone - and what its been used for - that may (probably would) help answer your query.

I can think of various reasons - but I think its probably not a good idea to speculate just yet.