closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival: SBBN031 -new 2015 SEIKO tuna

Blog Entries

New arrival: SBBN031 -new 2015 SEIKO tuna

Hi there,[br][br]Thought I'd share a few pics in my newly acquired SBBN031. I owned the 015 this summer so I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of the 015 vs 031 thingy. [br][br]The new box is nicer than the old one:[br][br][br][br][br][br]New black dial with the new yellowish lume has an a lot deeper black color than the 015. Day and date is now black instead of white. The new hands makes for even better legibility than with the 015 hands. [br][br][br][br][br]The new ceramic (hard coated) bezel inlay is very nice and has recessed numbers. It's shiny but not "SBDX001 shiny", more "GS shiny". [br][br][br][br][br]The new SBDX001 style bracelet is very nice and it's not just different end links. The bracelet is 22/20mm with the same type of clasp as on the SBDX001/017, but as I said, a 20mm clasp, not 18mm. [br][br][br][br]All in all I think this is an awesome upgrade. The 031 feels like a much higher quality watch than the 015. I still think the 031 keeps the essence of a tuna but with an overall better quality. I love the new even better lume and all the other upgrades (except the X-crown), and I guess Diashield coating can't be a bad thing. I'm a little sad to see the old hands be replaced but the new hands are actually very nice.

I wasn't too keen on the new hands either, but in your photos they look extremely legible, and I suppose that's the point.

The whole package looks great.

I really like that. Very nice indeed.

Looks really good. I'd like to get a new style tuna on my wrist at some point. Not sure I like the half plot at 3, but that's a really minor observation.

Yep like that and does seems a good upgrade. Gratz!

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice indeed!

Nice. Am an auto fan but this is the quintessential Tuna for me. The original version is very nice and they have only improved on it.
    One question- do the markers look green without being charged?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Nice. Am an auto fan but this is the quintessential Tuna for me. The original version is very nice and they have only improved on it.
    One question- do the markers look green without being charged?
    Yes, the new lume isn't white like the old Lumibrite. SEIKO says the new lume lasts 60% longer. I guess the color can look strange on some models but on the 031 I think it looks awesome.

Nice photos, sounds like a good upgrade, cant wait for mine to arrive.

Master
    Just collected my SBBN035 from Parcelforce earlier today. The same as the model featured here, apart from it's on a rubber strap. Bought direct from Seiya in Japan. Taking into account VAT and the Parcelforce fee, this has set me back £696.48.

I think it's pretty fair value for what it is. I had an SBBN017 a few years back and always wished I hadn't flipped it. Just a no nonsense rugged watch with great wrist presence and excellent battery life. I like the Sinn UX models but wouldn't pay the asking price, so this is a fair compromise.

This comes hot on the heels of my Seiko 7548 700B (vintage quartz diver) and Seiko SBDC027 (limited edition Sumo), both acquired via SC.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Could you get away with this watch on a 7 inch wrist? Im very tempted!!
    My wrist is barely 6.5 inches but that won't stop me wearing my Tuna. it really doesn't overwhelm the wrist.