closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths Everest PRS-25

Hybrid View

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    9015 is a great care free movement for everyday use and abuse, perfect for a real tool watch.
    Not perfect at all as other people have mentioned.

Only thing close to perfect would be a quartz and that's probably why it's being used in the new PRS18Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    9015 is a great care free movement for everyday use and abuse, perfect for a real tool watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post

Only thing close to perfect would be a quartz and that's probably why it's being used in the new PRS18Q.

I've had mine since December 2011 and worn it a lot, never had a problem with the movement, the rotor doesn't grate. If it had been built with a quartz movement I wouldn't have bought one as quartz would be completely out of keeping for this watch. However Eddie would never commit a faux pas like that, his watches are always very well considered.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I've had mine since December 2011 and worn it a lot, never had a problem with the movement, the rotor doesn't grate. If it had been built with a quartz movement I wouldn't have bought one as quartz would be completely out of keeping for this watch. However Eddie would never commit a faux pas like that, his watches are always very well considered.
    That's great. Yes it's a good movement that will last a long time and it's usually very accurate out the box.

I didn't say it was crap so there was really no need for people to come and talk the movement up. I don't like the free spin noise and wobble. That's not perfect for me along with some other movements that have the same characteristics.

Also I didn't say the 9015 in the Everest should be replaced with a quartz. And I know Eddie's watches are well considered, I've had a fair few and will have more in the future.
    Last edited by James_; 15th February 2018 at 06:48.

Blog Entries
    That's great. Yes it's a good movement that will last a long time and it's usually very accurate out the box.

I didn't say it was crap so there was really no need for people to come and talk the movement up. I don't like the free spin noise and wobble. That's not perfect for me along with some other movements that have the same characteristics.

Also I didn't say the 9015 in the Everest should be replaced with a quartz. And I know Eddie's watches are well considered, I've had a fair few and will have more in the future.
    Great!
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Hmm, my prs25 is away for a warentee repair as the movement stops, when you get it going again it will run for anything from a couple of minutes to an hour'ish before stopping again. A quick Google tells you that this is a fairly common problem with the 9015. add to that the noisy rotor and i will not be buying another 9015 equipped watch. It just so happens that I love the prs25! Perhaps when the warentee is up I will replace the movement if the fancy takes me.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dylanbooth78 View Post
    Hmm, my prs25 is away for a warentee repair as the movement stops, when you get it going again it will run for anything from a couple of minutes to an hour'ish before stopping again. A quick Google tells you that this is a fairly common problem with the 9015. add to that the noisy rotor and i will not be buying another 9015 equipped watch. It just so happens that I love the prs25! Perhaps when the warentee is up I will replace the movement if the fancy takes me.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    A quick google told me that people are having a similar problem with their ETA 2814 as well. How did you establish this is a "common problem" rather than "a problem a few people report on the internet"? I don't remember anyone on here having a similar problem and I certainly haven't. Also I don't think Eddie would choose a movement with such obvious issues.

I don't get the noisy rotor either. Maybe my hearing isn't up to scratch, but I can only barely hear the rotor go round with my PRS-18 up to my ear.