closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Everest goes Nato

Everest goes Nato

Everest 057 (birth year) has been on a TWS Titan leather strap since day one
    in Dec 2011, the bracelet has never been worn. There have been brief stints on one of Eddie’s grey Natos, but I’m giving it a try for a few days on a one piece Haveston to see if I like the weight of the strap before buying a Haveston canvas. So on with a case back protector made from helicopter tape from Paragon Tapes, and shoulderless springbars, followed by a Haveston Carrier.

Last edited by magirus; 19th September 2018 at 19:30.
    F.T.F.A.

Looking good Bob - coincidentally I've just put on the Voyager with their older NATO (Fortress) and I was thinking how the newer one feels in terms of balance on a heavy watch. My newer Haveston was on titanium which is a nice balance.

I do like the Carrier, sorely tempted...

Owl1
    I think the Everest belongs on a nato , the bracelet makes it look too friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Looking good Bob - coincidentally I've just put on the Voyager with their older NATO (Fortress) and I was thinking how the newer one feels in terms of balance on a heavy watch. My newer Haveston was on titanium which is a nice balance.

I do like the Carrier, sorely tempted...

Thanks Junaid. I've found that both styles of strap that Haveston do, ie 1 piece pass through and 2 piece, work well on the Voyager, despite my reservations about them discontinuing the 2 piece. I think the way the sliding keeper does away with a tuck and the resulting lack of (comparative) bulks is the reason. I do hope they continue the colours of the Fortress in a pass through. My picture above of the Carrier makes it look too grey, it has a bluey tint in some lights, thus . . .

F.T.F.A.

Haveston have released a new and lighter coloured version of the M-1936- V strap, called the B rather than V. The first version was too dark for my taste, and I’m not sure about the longevity of canvas (any canvas) although I like their colours. This strap is just the right weight and colour. Here’s a fone pic, with the white balance tweaked (temp & tint) to get the colour pretty accurate.

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Haveston have released a new and lighter coloured version of the M-1936- V strap, called the B rather than V. The first version was too dark for my taste, and I’m not sure about the longevity of canvas (any canvas) although I like their colours. This strap is just the right weight and colour. Here’s a fone pic, with the white balance tweaked (temp & tint) to get the colour pretty accurate.

I did see this pop up in their emails - though I'm losing track of all the releases they're putting out!

I understand your view on the colour, this does seem a better colour than mine. I agree on the canvas too - not a fan either. I am thinking of adding a few more Haveston - though I have to remember they're not that cheap even if the quality is damn good.

I'm thinking of adding one of the Parade ones for a Seiko SARB033 I have lying around, I reckon its not a terrible idea....

I did see this pop up in their emails - though I'm losing track of all the releases they're putting out!

I understand your view on the colour, this does seem a better colour than mine. I agree on the canvas too - not a fan either. I am thinking of adding a few more Haveston - though I have to remember they're not that cheap even if the quality is damn good.

I'm thinking of adding one of the Parade ones for a Seiko SARB033 I have lying around, I reckon its not a terrible idea....

This strap is appreciably thinner than my Carrier when in the hand, only 0.2mm on paper (1.3mm vs 1.5mm) but you can certainly feel the difference. This works well though, just right for my Everest but maybe a little light for the Voyager, although the Carrier looks and feels good also on the Everest. I think a 20mm in this strap would fit the case/springbar gap on my Damaskos too, even the DA37 which is a little tighter fit than the DC56. Re the Parade, I'm just waiting for their new colours, they will fit the Damaskos ok at 1.2mm, but I want something other than blue or black.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    This strap is appreciably thinner than my Carrier when in the hand, only 0.2mm on paper (1.3mm vs 1.5mm) but you can certainly feel the difference. This works well though, just right for my Everest but maybe a little light for the Voyager, although the Carrier looks and feels good also on the Everest. I think a 20mm in this strap would fit the case/springbar gap on my Damaskos too, even the DA37 which is a little tighter fit than the DC56. Re the Parade, I'm just waiting for their new colours, they will fit the Damaskos ok at 1.2mm, but I want something other than blue or black.
    I wonder what other colours they will go for. Heard anything? Black kinda suits my need, but something a bit more interesting wouldn't go amiss for sure.

I wonder what other colours they will go for. Heard anything? Black kinda suits my need, but something a bit more interesting wouldn't go amiss for sure.

I had this email on Sept 20th . .

“Hello Bob,

Thank you for your kind email and interest in our upcoming straps.

Our next Canvas and Parade colours have actually been placed on hold, as we are developing new strap types with our material suppliers and makers. However in brief, we have been looking at various printed canvas references from historical use. Regarding the next Parade tones, they will likely be Grey and Military Olive Drab (Green), but as mentioned will be scheduled for later.

Warm regards,

Alex”
    F.T.F.A.