closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Page & Cooper, always bad service?

Craftsman
    I got a damasko a few years ago, contacted p&c about how long delivery would be and was told two weeks. Then found out it was being ordered from damasko and would arrive in three months. Would use again, but I'd be a bit clearer about any stock enquiries

Master
    Not sure I’d be ordering from P&C at the moment. A quick google search suggests the company might be in trouble....
    https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2886674

Quote Originally Posted by bparker170 View Post
    Not sure I’d be ordering from P&C at the moment. A quick google search suggests the company might be in trouble....
    I hope he goes under and never surfaces again.
    Last edited by Tony; 2nd April 2018 at 16:47.

Ordered a Damasko bracelet last year, no issues and it arrived when promised. This contrasts with them ignoring my emails regarding my Damasko which isnt running as it should, its still under warranty, first contact was with the sales guy who sold me the bracelet and the generic response said to contact another address for technical problems, which I did more than a week ago..their definition of 24 hours is different to mine, maybe they are traveling at light speed, in any case I'll be calling them tomorrow - so to mirror other comments, not impressed.
    Keith

This post seems to be turning into a witch hunt, some of the posts are uncalled for.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Based on the link above, you might be wise to get in touch with damasko directly Keith!

I don't think it's a witch hunt, just people relating their experiences.
    Last edited by wombleh; 2nd April 2018 at 17:50.

Journeyman
    I don’t agree that its a ‘witch hunt’. People are just relaying their experiences both good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bparker170 View Post
    Is he still involved with P&C though? Quick Google suggests that he is a former director, not current.

Journeyman
    Personal experiences are one thing but I would urge caution when posting information regarding the circumstances of the company or directors unless your 100% sure it is absolute fact.

Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Personal experiences are one thing but I would urge caution when posting information regarding the circumstances of the company or directors unless your 100% sure it is absolute fact.

My earlier post in this thread is fact, 100%.
    F.T.F.A.

Thing is, if a retailer is rubbish it’s useful for prospective customers to know they provide a poor service. I’ve experienced shocking behaviour from some retailers (David Duggan is top of that list) and if a shop can’t at least offer a basic level of service when selling (essentially) a luxury item then I think it’s fair that past customers share their experiences, good and bad. Personally I can’t stand poor service, if a shop can’t get the basics right they don’t deserve anybody’s custom.

Journeyman
    Looking back through the thread a lot of the aggravation was unavoidable.

1. Don’t list stuff as ‘In Stock’ when it isn’t’
    2. Give a realistic delivery time.
    3. Don’t mess around with refunds - process ASAP
    4 Keep customers informed and don’t bury heads in the sand.

Life for some retailers would be so much easier if these simple rules were followed.

Craftsman
    I have purchased from P and C on two occasions. The first time was about 3 years ago when I bought a Sinn U1. I contacted them on the phone first and was lucky in that they had one in stock. I purchased it (with a small discount) and received it the next day without issue.
    Last year I bought a lower value watch from them. It was in stock and arrived in a couple of days. The watch turned out to be faulty and after much to’ing and fro’ing between myself, P and C and the watch manufacturer I decided to return it for a refund. I contacted them a week after they received the watch to enquire about my refund and was told I needed to speak to ‘X’ in the finance department. They were unavailable and I was told they would return my call. They never got back in touch. This went on for about 2 weeks before I finally received my refund. I will not be doing business with them again.
    I bought another Sinn in January from Neil at Chronomaster and received emails every few days and even a few phone calls to keep me updated. I’m not in the market for a new watch at the moment but if I was I would not hesitate to use Neil again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    I would not hesitate to use Neil again.
    I gravitated towards P&C for my Sinn purchase, but couldn't be doing with their arrogance - Buying from Chronomaster was an easy affair.

Good service doesn’t exist in Page & Cooper. Absolute cowboys.

Journeyman
    As someone who’s been browsing watches for a long time but relatively new to actually buying, I find this thread disappointing. The Page and Cooper site was always one I viewed with the presumption of not only dealing in very nice watches but having the complete sales/service package.
    Perhaps a well designed website has fooled me :/

I've mentioned this before, but my own experiences of when I wanted my Damasco servicing was awful. Rude arrogant staff who didn't seem to care, they also wanted me to pay all postage to them (fair enough) but also the postage costs to Germany and back.

As mentioned above, they talk the talk, anything else forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Use Neil @ Chronomaster next time if possible. Sinn AD also and far better in my opinion.
    I can second Neil for Sinn. Never had any issues with Neil, a decent egg as one would say. With regards to P&C I seem to see quite a bit of PR from them saying how good they are, and as my Daddy used to say to me if someone has to keep telling you they are marvellous then they probably are not!

It's a shame they seem to offer consistent bad service as they sell a lot of brands I like; that said more people are likely to share bad service over good.
    There have been a few threads like this before, in fact on one I think the owner jumped in on the thread to defend himself but came out of it looking worse.

I have used them twice
    The first time it took them months to get a couple of Marathon straps to me even though when asked repeatedly they swore they were in stock and on their way.
    Another was to see if they would act as an agent for servicing a Marathon, no answer initially as someone was always out of the office, followed by more poor excuses and not following up with promises. It looked to me as if they didn't want the business as it was too much hastle. In the end I went to marathon direct which could not have been easier.

I too have used Neil at Chronomaster numerous times he is always spot on.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd April 2018 at 10:01.

Journeyman
    Not to labour the point but main source of the issues here revolve around items not being listed with realistic lead times.
    I understand from a ‘get the sale’ point of view but it’s seriously annoying to the customer.
    I would much rather be told up front that it will take 4 weeks for delivery than chase up an ‘in stock’ item for 3 weeks.

Master
    I just checked on my order, for 2 Squale straps, order last week and order marked as "processing" on the website. I called to see when I would get them. The rubber strap is in stock, but the mesh bracelet isn't. I asked how long it would be.

P+C: We are waiting on a delivery from Squale
    Me: How long will that take?
    P+C: I don't know, maybe 2 weeks
    Me: How long have you been waiting for the delivery?
    P+C: A few days, we will ship it as soon as we receive it, but I can't say when. We may get some information this week.
    Me: Can you ship the other strap now?

As a PSA, they have no Squale 1521 in stock! If I hadn't called I'd just have been waiting with no news. As per the post above, thwy shpi;d just update the website with stock levels, or reply to the order with a reasonable expectation of delivery time.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...52436/officers

They appear to be slightly late filing their accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08052436

All information is in the public domain.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Journeyman
    Director and office changes as well but from experience this doesn’t always mean bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Director and office changes as well but from experience this doesn’t always mean bad things.

I won't be buying any gift cards from them, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I hope he goes under and never surfaces again.
    That’s unnecessarily nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by redpenben View Post
    ...some of the posts are uncalled for.

Agreed. Some pretty unpleasant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Is he still involved with P&C though? Quick Google suggests that he is a former director, not current.
    He is in the video posted on page 1 of this thread from 5 days ago so certainly still involved at the least.

It boils down to the old chestnut of buying the seller. Do your research and make your mind up. It is one of the most useful aspects of this forum that personal experiences good and bad are shared. If people feel strongly about poor service they should be free to share this with others as frankly as they wish within the confines of due process and the law

Craftsman
    I was thinking about buying a hear from them but that's put me out off .I hate poor service .You pay your monies and expect your goods asap ....dissapointing

Master
    Had an email from them Tuesday saying the person had sent it onto their accounts manager & will personally follow it through.

48hrs on, and no further update. It’s not hard to sort out, just tap the buttons on your computer and it happens.

Friday will simply be me calling the credit card company for my refund. Do companies receive a further charge or costs if someone requests a charge back via their credit card protection?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Had an email from them Tuesday saying the person had sent it onto their accounts manager & will personally follow it through.

48hrs on, and no further update. It’s not hard to sort out, just tap the buttons on your computer and it happens.

Friday will simply be me calling the credit card company for my refund. Do companies receive a further charge or costs if someone requests a charge back via their credit card protection?

This sounds very similar to my experience, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I kept hassling them and got their eventually. It shouldn’t be like that, but it was. I will not use them again or recommend them, as a result.

Craftsman
    Thought I could add a positive experience to this thread.

Very recently sent my Damasko into Page and Cooper as I’d noticed some dust under the crystal. I wasn’t the original purchaser, but the watch had been supplied through them and they seemed more than happy to handle the warranty work.
    Tara asked me to send the watch in and once received and checked, they would send it off to Damasko. Tara’s communication was superb and the whole process took around a month.

I’d happily buy a watch from them, but I only buy things I know are in stock, no matter who the retailer is. I realise that’s difficult to judge when items are listed as ‘in stock’ when they aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post

Very recently sent my Damasko into Page and Cooper as I’d noticed some dust under the crystal. I wasn’t the original purchaser, but the watch had been supplied through them and they seemed more than happy to handle the warranty work.
    Tara asked me to send the watch in and once received and checked, they would send it off to Damasko. Tara’s communication was superb and the whole process took around a month.

I’d happily buy a watch from them, but I only buy things I know are in stock, no matter who the retailer is. I realise that’s difficult to judge when items are listed as ‘in stock’ when they aren’t.

Good for you. I still await a reply to my emails asking about spending many hundreds of £s on servicing and associated work on my 2 Damaskos, £s which will now be going anywhere but P&C.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Well, they’ve just invited me, as a good customer, to an exclusive evening to meet various independent watchmakers:

‘This is your chance to meet, in person, the people
    who make the watches we love.

Attending the event are Chronoswiss, Laco, the Melbourne Watch Company and our good friends Sinn Spezialuhren from Frankfurt, who will be bringing across a watchmaker for you to meet.

Plus there will be some very special surprises on the night.
    This is a select and private event with very limited space
    and invitations will be sent out on a first come first served basis.’

I’ve bought lots of watches over the years from many dealers but none have invited me to something like this. I know there will be some marketing but I’m sure it will be really interesting so I’ll be attending.

Master
    Ask them for my refund when you’re there lol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Well, they’ve just invited me, as a good customer, to an exclusive evening to meet various independent watchmakers:

Attending the event are Chronoswiss, Laco, the Melbourne Watch Company and our good friends Sinn Spezialuhren from Frankfurt, who will be bringing across a watchmaker for you to meet.

I’ve bought lots of watches over the years from many dealers but none have invited me to something like this. I know there will be some marketing but I’m sure it will be really interesting so I’ll be attending.
    I got the same e-mail. If I lived nearer I would certainly go in order to meet the Sinn reps.

Master
    Not that exclusive - I’ve been invited to it too. Wonder if I could pick up my straps while I’m there, as even the one they did have in stock and said they had sent to me on Tuesday isn’t here yet.

Craftsman
    I purchased my Sinn U1000 from P&C last year, arrived within the timescale the promised.
    The replacement silicone straps for my U2 came within a couple of days as they were in stock. I ordered the specific silicone for the U1000 which took several months.
    P& C are friendly enough over the phone. I suspect that they wait until they have a sizeable order rather than bringing in individual items, especially if lower cost.

My frist purchase from Chronomaster was the specific U1000 bracelet... ordered and received in just over a week, happy with that.
    Then I bought my custom Sinn 103 from Neil @ Chronomaster. visited him in person... very good interaction.

I had my Sinn U2 serviced at Juwelier Roberto, Essen Germany as my Sister lives in the next town. They did a fantastic job, so that is were I will send my Sinn watches for service.

Sinn really can't spare a watchmaker for a PR event, not when they've had my ezm1 for nearly 6 months and can't even tell me when I am likely to get it back. My previously boiling blood had just gone nuclear!

Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post

... and Tara has left the company, I am told

Master

Question Where to go for Damasko servicing

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I still await a reply to my emails asking about spending many hundreds of £s on servicing and associated work on my 2 Damaskos, £s which will now be going anywhere but P&C.
    Where’s a good choice to get a Damasko serviced?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Where’s a good choice to get a Damasko serviced?
    The choice seems to be either a UK independent or find some good insurance and send to Damasko.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Yup no response from them after they said they can bring some watches to London for me to view and I said yes..what’s the point of going cold on customers all of a sudden

Journeyman
    Oops, I was there for Chronoswiss full service 6 weeks ago and I am getting nervous now after read this.......

Master
    Chejay, please could you keep us updated? I’d be interested to know if all goes well.

Apprentice

Page & Cooper: Delayed delivery a real cause for concern.

I've just found this thread, albeit a little too late ! I placed an order for a Sinn 104 ST SA with Page & Cooper on April 3rd. A delivery schedule of 4-6 weeks was specified at the time of ordering. My order status had not changed from processing when I checked last week after 6 weeks had elapsed. I phoned P & C to check was was happening. I received no apology for the now overdue order, but was informed there had been "quality issues with the watch dial" and there would now be a further delay of a "few" weeks before I'd receive my watch.

This is pretty atrocious customer service. It is surely a courtesy to contact a customer immediately when an issue will delay an order beyond an agreed delivery date. I wish I'd found this forum before I ordered with Page & Cooper, they may have a smart website , but their performance so far has been woeful . I was told to expect an email with a revised delivery schedule within 2 days of my phone call last Monday. None was forthcoming.No surprise there it would seem.

I contacted Neil from Chronomaster who got back to me promptly, but unfortunately didn't have the model variant I was after, but has specified delivery of my model is possible within 4 weeks. Should I stick or twist I ask myself? I should demand a refund a from Page & Cooper, put the episode aside as a bad experience and re order with Chronomaster. Either way, I won't be receiving my Sinn 104 anytime soon! Based on this I'd advise all to be wary of Page & Cooper. They evidently have some serious customer service issues at present.

Master
    I'd get your money back as soon as possible. Although that could take a while too.

Another reason to do this also; just imagine if you do get the watch and there is an issue with it and you have to deal with Page & Cooper about a warranty repair - thats just another large sh*tstorm you'd do best to avoid at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    I'd get your money back as soon as possible. Although that could take a while too.
    I would be looking to get my money back.
    Dealing with Chronomaster has always been easy in my experience so I would look to take my business there.

Get your money back. These are not people you should deal with.

Craftsman
    Get your money back no question and give it to Neil in Chronomaster, he'll no doubt deliver your Sinn in the time frame he indicates.

As a alluded to in a previous post, if P&C are this terrible when your simply buying - I dread to think what they would be like if there were to be a problem with the watch.

Your only loss now is your time. Take your money and run!

Craftsman
    Neil at Chronomaster was great to deal with when I purchased my EZM3 in January.