closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Line of Duty - did you partake?

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    It’s just a shame that the bloke who plays Buckells is such a poor actor.

Anyway...who is DCI Davidson related to????

Looking forward to next Sunday!
    He is dreadful. She is heavily Scottish - but it can’t be that obvious. Can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    SPOILER ALERT

I thought it was a really fantastic episode harking back to the Dot escape shoot-out, with intense gunfire and some very interesting choices made by Chloe. That leg-up COULD had been completely innocent...

Then there was the 'wink-wink, nod-nod' interview with Jimmy where he absolutely did not talk. No way. But what did he tell Steve in the van!?

Davidson relation was a fantastic cliffhanger I thought, and the possibilities are widespread. From a Scottish perspective, it could be Tommy of course, but that seems to obvious. Other candidates potentially are DCC Mike Dryden and ACC Hilton, although I was never sure if Hilton was Scottish or not in LoD as his accent became very English. The of course there are other characters who could make sense - Dot, maybe John Corbett, Nige, Denton and a host of others. Can't wait to find out! Saw this on twitter last night and it made me laugh!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Line of Duty - did you partake?

Deleted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 12th April 2021 at 13:13.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Saw this on twitter last night and it made me laugh!
    Same scenario in our house last night!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Unless they find a way to draw it out even further. Guaranteeing themselves renewed for another series but pissing off viewers along the way.
    I hope they find the last bent copper but they'll have to hunt for him without me, I'll probably just catch up with the series by reading the plot synopsis online the next day.

Never got this in the 80's.
    Can you imagine the A-Team taking a full season to catch a villain?? They took out entire drug cartels and disbanded governments in a 60 minute slot those lads.

Love it!

Master
    I started watching from the last series and love it. This series too. Have thought about going back and watching it from series 1 but not sure whether it would work now or not - anyone seen it from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I started watching from the last series and love it. This series too. Have thought about going back and watching it from series 1 but not sure whether it would work now or not - anyone seen it from the beginning?
    Highly recommend seeing it from the beginning. Plenty of themes go all the way back to series one so you will definitely feel the benefit. Plus there are some crackers to watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Highly recommend seeing it from the beginning. Plenty of themes go all the way back to series one so you will definitely feel the benefit. Plus there are some crackers to watch
    Thanks I’ll do that :-)

Craftsman

I'd second this, I'm actually watching it back from the beginning (4th time for me I think) with the wife currently. So up to date with current season, but simultaneously halfway through S2. I forgot how incredible the earlier seasons are!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    It’s just a shame that the bloke who plays Buckells is such a poor actor.

Anyway...who is DCI Davidson related to????

Looking forward to next Sunday!
    I thought it was Corbett, though don't remember Hastings mentioning a daughter. Hunter or Waldron be second guess

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Agree with previous comments, definately (sic) worth going back and watching from the start. Apart from being great in their own right, they'll really add context to the current series. 2 and 3, with Keeley Hawes, in particular were fantastic.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I'd second this, I'm actually watching it back from the beginning (4th time for me I think) with the wife currently. So up to date with current season, but simultaneously halfway through S2. I forgot how incredible the earlier seasons are!

I did the exactly same thing before the last series. Thoroughly enjoyed them all and like you forgot how brilliant a couple of them were. The weakest for me was always the Roz Huntley one, but all definitely re-watchable

Journeyman
    I did the exactly same thing before the last series. Thoroughly enjoyed them all and like you forgot how brilliant a couple of them were. The weakest for me was always the Roz Huntley one, but all definitely re-watchable

Working my way through older TV shows otherwise I'd have done the same before this season. Will give it ago when this season has finished I reckon

I’ve only watched this series

Thought the assault on the police van was quite well done and overall I’m enjoying it

I like the fact that they refer to some real time incidents in the series and unfortunately recent events involving rogue dibble sort of adds to the realism

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    I’ve only watched this series

Thought the assault on the police van was quite well done and overall I’m enjoying it

I like the fact that they refer to some real time incidents in the series and unfortunately recent events involving rogue dibble sort of adds to the realism

Would say it's a harder watch without the background of the previous seasons, especially as there's tons of references to them

Craftsman
    So last night I thought was another cracking episode.

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

Jo's relation didn't seem to really be 'out of the box', the most obvious option available. But so little was made of it I wonder if there is more to come...

Fantastic to see the return of Patricia Carmichael, and her opening lines were absolute zingers that had me rolling about laughing. Interesting to see Jimmy Nesbitt suddenly pop up as Marcus Thurwell... Plus a few more harks back to the past with names and faces of previous baddies back on the old whiteboard.

Was I the only one shouting at Kate for being so moronic as to enter that out of the way and closed off site in the dead of night? Can't wait to see how she and Ryan came out of the showdown.

Steve's tidbit from dearly departed Jimmy Lakewell helped to move the plot on a bit, but what will he do about his discovery that "Battle" Hastings indiscretions have crossed the line?

The real question from this episode - did Fairbanks ham it up, or is he legitimately unwell?

PS special mention to Chloe who has been a great addition to the team and cast. Her moment talking about the brutality of the Christopher Lawrence case I thought was sensitively done and the power of her words in response to Steve's "Are you OK?" - "how could anyone be" struck a real chord and a tone not often seen in LoD. People will have mixed opinions on the frequent inspiration drawn from real cases in LoD, but for me this was one of the best examples.

Only 2 left to go! Strap in.

Craftsman
    Just brilliant, can’t wait for Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Was I the only one shouting at Kate for being so moronic as to enter that out of the way and closed off site in the dead of night? Can't wait to see how she and Ryan came out of the showdown.
    You most certainly were not! I would like to think alarm bells would be ringing if my boss asked to meet me at a pub to resolve a personal issue, then cancelled last minute to lure me to a dark, derelict factory car park. And I just work in IT.

Definately!

Carmichael is a fabulous character and Anna Maxwell Martin drags the standard of acting up by its bootstraps.

As Hastings would say: "Mother of God!"

Kate's decision to meet at the other address did seem a bit silly however she knew she was armed (and that others outside AC-12 weren't aware) and she needed to re-establish her relationship with her boss Davidson, we also had the foresight of knowing that planted cop Pilkington was in Davidson's car pulling the strings. Kate would also thought that Pilkington and Davidson were under observation at the moment she arrived at new address, it was only when she called Arnott that she was informed that Carmichael had pulled it all.

This season has been an absolute belter so far though I have to admit to occasionally struggling to keep up with everything and there are still a number of loops not yet closed. Seriously can't wait for the next episode.

Master
    Brilliant episode. Cant they really have a cliffhanger at the end of EVERY episode!?

Anything can happen from here...this is Power all over again.

I've watched every series and have no idea what's going on.

Enjoying it though!

Master
    Was I the only one shouting at Kate for being so moronic as to enter that out of the way and closed off site in the dead of night?
    It's okay, it was just an empty car park in the middle of the city and literally right around the corner from Belfast Central Library Police HQ.

Master
    Don't forget Pilkington's Bond baddie moment of talking endlessly before taking out the hero, by which time ofc the hero gets back on track. I'd rather Kate was just more aware of a possible trap and foiled him in real time, keep it more realistic and less Hollywood, Jed.

He is dreadful. She is heavily Scottish - but it can’t be that obvious. Can it?

I'm surprised her acting skills haven't been mentioned. I was gutted when I found out she was playing a central role, having suffered her performance in Boardwalk Empire. May as well just toss a piece of furniture in the room and add a voiceover!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    It's okay, it was just an empty car park in the middle of the city and literally right around the corner from Belfast Central Library Police HQ.
    Forgot it was filmed in NI. My missus used to work in the building AC12 were meant to be based in. She shared a lift with some of the cast a few times.

Having given up after E2, my sister in law told me it was excellent so I've gone back to it. I'm watching E5 now and it's been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I've watched every series and have no idea what's going on.

Enjoying it though!
    This^^^^^^^: me too!

Craftsman
    I'm surprised her acting skills haven't been mentioned. I was gutted when I found out she was playing a central role, having suffered her performance in Boardwalk Empire. May as well just toss a piece of furniture in the room and add a voiceover!

Forgot it was filmed in NI. My missus used to work in the building AC12 were meant to be based in. She shared a lift with some of the cast a few times.
    Totally disagree - I think her acting is brilliant, loved her in Boardwalk and this!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Having given up after E2, my sister in law told me it was excellent so I've gone back to it. I'm watching E5 now and it's been excellent.
    Welcome back

Craftsman
    *****EPISODE 6 SPOILERS*******

They've only gone and featured a forum favourite MX-5!

Anna Martin Maxwell should have won, frankly, all of the Oscars (I know they only do them for films, but seriously - can anyone else in the world smile like that!?).

Poor Ted.

That villa looked really nice - shame about the occupants.

Never mind Martin Compston as Bond - can we get Vicky McLure!? The withering looks, unerring cool, and pithy one-liners - spot on.

"No comment."

Now, what do I do with myself until next Sunday!? 1 more to go.

Blog Entries
    *****EPISODE 6 SPOILERS*******

They've only gone and featured a forum favourite MX-5!
    ''He's a grown man, it's about time he bought a proper car''

Why did they go on the run after shooting Ryan, she had permission to carry a handgun - bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post

Why did they go on the run after shooting Ryan, she had permission to carry a handgun - bonkers
    They were alluding to the fact that she did not trust anyone, including AC-12 (Hastings and Arnott). They also needed a segue (not segway)to indicate that AC-12 themselves are not trusted by the CC and were being watched / tracked.

Last edited by RichS; 27th April 2021 at 08:05.

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    They also needed a segway...
    Nope, it was definitely an MX5.

Segue - an uninterrupted transition from one piece of music or film scene to another.

Segway - a brand name for an electric vehicle with two wheels.
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman

What a line!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    They were alluding to the fact that she did not trust anyone, including AC-12 (Hastings and Arnott). They also needed a segway to indicate that AC-12 themselves are not trusted by the CC and were being watched / tracked.

I agree with this, although I'd also add her loyalty to Jo and desire to discover the truth about her also felt like it contributed to the actions Kate took.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

Segue - an uninterrupted transition from one piece of music or film scene to another.

I'm glad somebody said it

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post

Lol. I knew it was wrong - hit reply anyway.
    I’m standing in the corner with dunce’s cap on.

(Tapatalk has removed all punctuation) I am standing in the corner wearing the cap of a dunce.
    Last edited by RichS; 26th April 2021 at 12:26.

Master
    Blog Entries

that was my question as well,I thought they where going to both be slotted when they where stopped.

[Pedant]"Steve's been made a bl**dy DI, about time he got a grown-up car"[/Pedant]

One more episode left, and then what? Hastings is being retired and Arnott appears to be on the verge of suspension due to his final drugs test warning. Is this going to be the last of LoD?

It does appear to be that all loops are closing though are we gong to be left in suspense, for us to ultimately draw our own conclusions?

"Sometimes you don't lose, son. You just run out of time"

Craftsman
    I personally don't think Patricia is a baddie or bent. I think it is misdirection as she is incredibly dislikeable to most people. Her character traits of sticking to process, biding time and lacking warmth can easily be mistaken for limiting the enquiry amd offer a strong contrast to Hastings familiarity, verbosity, and urgency.

I can see another season with AC being led by Carmichael, Ted out the picture, and Steve being kept on. There is a burgeoning respect between Steve and Carmichael I thought in this episode. She even softened towards Ted a few times! It would make more great telly to have Carmichael coldly surveying the evidence and relentlessly searching out the 4th Man with ruthless efficiency. I suspect she may even recruit Kate back! She is pragmatic, after all.

I think she's covering for the bent seniors.

I personally don't think Patricia is a baddie or bent. I think it is misdirection as she is incredibly dislikeable to most people. Her character traits of sticking to process, biding time and lacking warmth can easily be mistaken for limiting the enquiry amd offer a strong contrast to Hastings familiarity, verbosity, and urgency.

I can see another season with AC being led by Carmichael, Ted out the picture, and Steve being kept on. There is a burgeoning respect between Steve and Carmichael I thought in this episode. She even softened towards Ted a few times! It would make more great telly to have Carmichael coldly surveying the evidence and relentlessly searching out the 4th Man with ruthless efficiency. I suspect she may even recruit Kate back! She is pragmatic, after all.

^ but every time Ted started venturing into the 4th man, she would do a left/right turn. My daughter was wondering if she might in fact be the 4th man.

You can’t speak I’ll of Kelly McDonald if you’ve seen Trainspotting.

Craftsman
    I think she's covering for the bent seniors.
    That's entirely possible and is the most obvious conclusion. I just have a feeling we are being led down the garden path!
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    ^ but every time Ted started venturing into the 4th man, she would do a left/right turn. My daughter was wondering if she might in fact be the 4th man.
    Yes but she did do a number of things she didn't need to: A) allow Ted into interview at all B) allow Steve into interview C) allow multiple questions into police force corruption D) indulge lines of questioning from Hastings on the 4th Man and other investigations like Christopher Lloyd. It's entirely plausible she kept shifting focus away from these varied lines of enquiry because she wants to nail Jo first and get that boxed off - then explore the further opportunities for investigation later. If she really wanted to stop questions around the 4th Man, all she needed to do was keep Ted out of the glass box.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

Yes but that was her peak!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Yes but that was her peak!
    She has annoyed me in every episode so far with her laboured/wooden delivery, but I actually found her quite watchable in last nights.

Altho think she needs to sack her Federation rep - started off looking like she was on for a straight no comment interview. Then decided to come clean to the easy questions, but drop a no comment to all the juicy ones - surely an even bigger admission of guilt than doing a pure no comment to everything?

Overall it was a pretty good episode for me, sprinkled with some cracking one liners. I also think the Steve Arnott occupational health email alert could be a new contender in the Line of Duty drinking game!

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post

Is this going to be the last of LoD?
    Mother of God, of course there is going to be another series.

How much does it cost to tempt Jimmy Nesbitt out of bed?
    Are they going to pay that much just to use his photograph and take a couple of fleeting takes "in Spain"?
    Of course not.
    That corpse ain't gonna be Jimmy. Jimmy's character (Mulgrave?) is going to feature heavily in the next series. Whether all the usual AC12 crew do is another matter.

Master
    Great series that keeps you guessing.
    I think Carmichael is related in some way to the OCG and is in fact ‘H’ covering for the bent hierarchy at the top. And Jo Davidson knows all and is now the OCG’s next target even if she is inside prison.

Carmichael tapping morse code on the desk during the interview to shut her up.... letter H ......

Cmon Nesbitt where are you? !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Carmichael tapping morse code on the desk during the interview to shut her up.... letter H ......

Cmon Nesbitt where are you? !!!

We might have seen him, the eyebrows on the Spanish police going in to find him looked pretty bushy. Don't think Carmichael is linked to the OGC, her performance was so obvious as to be probably a red herring. Osbourne is most likely to be H or the villain of this season, and if H is left to the last season then I fear it may be one of the three.

Master
    SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

So, can we safely say that Sindwhani is not H?

I think it's Osborne, or Osborne is one step removed.

Hastings is getting sick of the BS, he is going to kidnap and torture Osborne until he gets a confession.

Well, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Rob.