closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Red Dead 2

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Sorely tempted, anyone found any offers for the PS4 version yet?
    Rock Star games never drop much in price, just buy it! Next to Borderlands, it is the best of the genre I have ever played.

Just sold my Xbox one to fund this, Assassins Creed Odyssey and partially a new wireless headset. The other half's got me a one x bundle with Battlefield V on a Black Friday deal, but not allowed it till Xmas. Can't wait, this thread is killing me!!!!

Master
    Bought a PS4 Pro just to play this. The game is amazing, but if anything, it just reminded me how much console controllers suck for shooter games so I gave up on it.

Hopefully it will make its way onto PC so I can fully enjoy it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Bought a PS4 Pro just to play this. The game is amazing, but if anything, it just reminded me how much console controllers suck for shooter games so I gave up on it.

Hopefully it will make its way onto PC so I can fully enjoy it.
    I played shooters for years on a PC and for me I much prefer the PS4 controller for gaming including shooters :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I played shooters for years on a PC and for me I much prefer the PS4 controller for gaming including shooters :)
    To each his own. I can remember what each button does (although it is annoying having to press multiple button combinations to do basic stuff - I've found the weapons/item selection method especially annoying), but aiming with the joysticks is just awful, so I keep getting shot/robbed/mauled by random animals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    To each his own. I can remember what each button does (although it is annoying having to press multiple button combinations to do basic stuff - I've found the weapons/item selection method especially annoying), but aiming with the joysticks is just awful, so I keep getting shot/robbed/mauled by random animals.
    I know what you mean re pressing random buttons but you do adapt to the controller as like yourself I played shooters for years on the pc and loved the mouse/keyboard combo and I was wary of the controller as I thought it would be awful but I have been pleasantly surprised :)

I'm getting close to tracking down the serial killer, I have all three pieces of the map now I just have to follow it to find him (or her)….

I've got the legendary elk so now have all the legendary animals from the first part of the game. The rest are either in the Blackwater area or not revealed until later.

I have a tip for the hunters out there. You can have up to 2 extra horses following you carrying large pelts. If you tame a horse you can ask it to follow you when you're on your main horse. It can carry a carcass or an elk, bison or bear pelt as well as other smaller pelts.

Grand Master
    I’ve occasionally pressed the wrong button in a town and let a random shot off only to be banged up or shot dead for it. Been on it a while now and only 42% progress. It’s a long game or I’m missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

The Mrs bought me this for Xmas and I'm finding the controls annoying. After playing COD and other shooters for years it's difficult to remember the series of presses you needed to obtain certain items.
    Also seems very glitchy- had to restsart the entire train robbing level in the snow yesterday as I failed to step on the train immediately. If you don't someone steps in the doorway and you can't get up afterwards.
    Great game though.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Apologies if I've missed this in the thread,but for all of you Red Dead players,do you think it is suitable for a 14 year old to play?

Master

Red Dead 2

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Apologies if I've missed this in the thread,but for all of you Red Dead players,do you think it is suitable for a 14 year old to play?
    I make video games for a living, so I have a pretty defensive view of this, which is that games are given certificates for a reason.

That said, there are specific categories of classification, and I’d say the key ones for RDR2 are:

Swearing - there’s the occasional “fuck” or similar. Most 14 year olds wouldn’t be offended or impressed.

Violence: the gun battles are pretty tame in terms of detail, and you occasionally get a slo mo shot of someone with some blood coming out of his head or chest. Again, I don’t think a 14 year old is going to suffer sleepless nights.

On the whole I’d say it’s fine for a 14 yo, with one notable exception.
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

There’s a serial killer on the loose, and he’s left a few bodies around in a pretty sorry state. The first time I saw one of these I was somewhat taken aback. A 14yo boy *might* not have seen anything like that before.

Oh, and there’s a fair amount of sexual content, but it’s mostly insinuated and not particularly graphic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I make video games for a living, so I have a pretty defensive view of this, which is that games are given certificates for a reason.

That said, there are specific categories of classification, and I’d say the key ones for RDR2 are:

Swearing - there’s the occasional “fuck” or similar. Most 14 year olds wouldn’t be offended or impressed.

Violence: the gun battles are pretty tame in terms of detail, and you occasionally get a slo mo shot of someone with some blood coming out of his head or chest. Again, I don’t think a 14 year old is going to suffer sleepless nights.

On the whole I’d say it’s fine for a 14 yo, with one notable exception.
    ***SPOILER ALERT***

There’s a serial killer on the loose, and he’s left a few bodies around in a pretty sorry state. The first time I saw one of these I was somewhat taken aback. A 14yo boy *might* not have seen anything like that before.

Oh, and there’s a fair amount of sexual content, but it’s mostly insinuated and not particularly graphic.
    I agree with the comments above and I think it would be perfectly fine for a 14 year old

Master
    One thing which I completely forgot about is skinning animals. The process is portrayed pretty graphically and frequently.
    Again though, I suspect the average 14yo sees much worse on YouTube on the bus to school.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    ok..ta for the replies.

Red Dead 2

I got this for Christmas based on some of the comments above but I think it is terribly dull.

It takes ages for anything to happen and is so slow that I got bored. I don’t want an interactive movie, I want to play cowboys!

Seriously disappointed.

Will be loading this up into SC soon for the Xbox One X if anyone else wants to give it a try!

Last edited by paw3001; 28th February 2020 at 09:10.

Master
    Completely agree with you, just riding a bloody horse about for hours.

Master
    Agreed, just finished God of War, Excellent.

Craftsman
    I lasted a day or so, very boring and no where near lived up to the hype, compared to something like the Witcher 3 or Fallout which are far better open world RPG. Is red dead an RPG?

I was happy with the slow pace. It felt appropriate for the setting. I just couldn’t live with the lousy sticky controls. Shooting was like playing a one-legged man in an asskicking contest.

Quote Originally Posted by KNog View Post
    I lasted a day or so, very boring and no where near lived up to the hype, compared to something like the Witcher 3 or Fallout which are far better open world RPG. Is red dead an RPG?
    I don't know what it is but I downloaded this at the start of January, expecting it to be a wild west version of GTA... while the controls are similar, that's about it. I found the firsf couple of hours incredibly boring and didn't even bother saving my game before switching it off.

Master
    It is a slow game, but that’s part of its charm. You have to soak in the western atmosphere...

It’s definitely a marmite game, but I would say it’s worth persevering until the end of the first chapter even if it you think it’s not for you. It opens up and the pace picks up at that point. If you still don’t like it once you’re into chapter 2 then you probably never will, but it’s worth staying with for that long at least.

Master
    I played it until I had to ride for about 20mins to get somewhere. About 10mins in, rescues a woman from under a horse (IIRC), had to then take her 10mins back where I started, then start my long journey again.

That was when the power button was pushed and I went to the pub.

I finished the 6 chapters of the main story and all the epilogues. It’s one of the best games I’ve played. I loved the exploring, the freedom to do what you want.

I flippin loved this game!

I can see why people might not have got past chapter 1 in the snow. Took me ages to accept that part but once out of the snow it speeds up. Good thing about the snow section is it teaches you to play the game. But once completed I'd say it's probably the best game I've ever played. So complex. I've completed the story and I don't think it's close to 50% of the game. Every now and then I go back to it and keep discovering more.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I finished the 6 chapters of the main story and all the epilogues. It’s one of the best games I’ve played. I loved the exploring, the freedom to do what you want.
    Same, loved every minute of it. It’s a long game, but all the little side quests draw you in an poof 3 hours gone. Not played online, as I’m too old and easily annoyed or grumpy.

I’ve got it downloaded but battling through Sekiro at the moment. That is one bloomin amazing game!!

I played into chapter 2 and still found it full. Plus I don’t have the spare time to waste 3 hours just to go to town to have a bar fight and buy some stuff.

Also it may be complex and everything is complex from picking your clothes etc.

It’s back to Tomb raider and assassins creed Odyssey for me.

I loved playing the game, but found the story missions annoying so ended up stopping. I need to get back into it and push through it more. The slow pace I enjoyed, and just riding around in the old west, doing stuff.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

This was probably the best game I have ever played, albeit you have to stomach the slow start.

Last of Us would be my other pick. Last of Us 2 to come out in May I think!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    This was probably the best game I have ever played, albeit you have to stomach the slow start.

Last of Us would be my other pick. Last of Us 2 to come out in May I think!
    Have you tried God of War?