closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Loose end links on Rolex 16600

Master

Loose end links on Rolex 16600

I am currently looking at the next purchase. A t25 dial type 16600 sea dweller to be exact. I have handled one fine example so far and have seen a nice example online. One being a 1998 and a 1996. The one I handled had loose end links and the one I have seen online clearly has gaps on the edge of the links where it meets the case. So I ask is this something that you just have to take on the chin unless you can find NOS, is it inevitable over time with all stainless steel watches of a certain weight etc etc.

Strange, can’t say I have ever noticed that with my 16600, of course there is hinge like movement but not side to side, being solid end links they not going to distort.

Here is mine with no gaps in the wring places.

Master
    It will be more of a wear and tear issue depending on the watches life I guess. Few whacks with a nylon headed hammer perhaps. Saw a video of a Tudor which had taken a bullet to the case and they were able to gently persuade the lugs back into to position

Check it has the correct springbars ...might be skinny aftermarket making it loose / free play..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Check it has the correct springbars ...might be skinny aftermarket making it loose / free play..
    Agree with Tim. 16600 should have SEL bracelet which is usually very sound, unless strained, bent or incorrect spring bars are fitted.

Master
    Maybe the pics are showing to much detail! Anyway. The one I can view I’ll ask to try it on some other pins, sure it won’t be to much trouble. Cheers and enjoy your Sunday’s