closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden plants.

Master

Garden plants.

Good afternoon folks.
    So given the fact we can't go out for non essentials, such as plants can anyone recommend an online gardening site or such like to purchase stuff.
    Just general run of the mill stuff, doesn't have to be anything fancy.
    Any help gratefully appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

suttons.co.uk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    suttons.co.uk
    Thanks for that. Ordered 50 quids worth.
    Much appreciated.

Craftsman
    I've bought stuff from Primrose in the past.

http://www.primrose.co.uk/

Craftsman
    Always found Crocus to be decent: https://www.crocus.co.uk
    Suttons reliable, these are probably my go-to suppler these days though: https://www.quickcrop.co.uk

Thomson and Morgan is the other big company for seeds/plants.

Garden centres are going to be hit hard, just coming into probably their busiest period (apart from Xmas grottos!) with sales of bedding plants etc scuppered. Presumably those already being grown on will be wasted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thomson and Morgan is the other big company for seeds/plants.

Garden centres are going to be hit hard, just coming into probably their busiest period (apart from Xmas grottos!) with sales of bedding plants etc scuppered. Presumably those already being grown on will be wasted.
    Was actually wondering that too. All those plants and flowers gone to waste. Real shame. For the businesses too. I just ordered 50 quids worth from Suttons. Good value in my opinion. Would probably have spent double that in the local garden centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

Thats right , as will a lt of other industries though. Used to own a little garden with my brother until he tucked me up and left London so set up elsewhere, but thats another story.
    From an industry side ,they'll have to carry on having some staff in to look after plants other wise will die. Forget bedding, as that will go off, get leggy , go over the top. Shrubs /bedding/veg seasonal, and although keen gardeners will buy whenever, is the impulse ones that buy when in flower.
    The bigger picture is the knock on to growers and all the way down the chain, bigger buyers like B&Q have their buying mapped out in weeks way in advance where growing done to order, so just turns up, as to some growers the contract going is huge survival to them.
    I guess the other worrying mess currently occurring is that garden centres will have just loaded up on their pre season deals, pots, compost, tools, shrubs etc, with payment probably due in late April, and with no sales will struggle to honour those payments.

Unreal - the plant websites are all running at a snail's pace!

That. twinned with the internet being mega slow cause everyone in the world is at home and online....

Has made for my most infuritating online buying experience ever. 3 hours on the Primrose site and still only 3 items in my bag.

Suttons is the same.

My main project for this week was to get our baron (but fully prepared) garden planted out.

Grrrrrr

Master
    I had quite the opposite experience with Suttons. Done and dusted in a matter of minutes.

Still all crashing for me. A couple, like Thompson’s have stopped taking orders as they’re inundated.

Oh well. Will order some annual seeds for this year and do it properly in the autumn.

Master
    we called our local Garden Centre - they are now offering free delivery for orders over £50 - we decided to support them

particularly after reading the following

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52098436

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    we called our local Garden Centre - they are now offering free delivery for orders over £50 - we decided to support them

particularly after reading the following

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52098436
    That's actually a really good idea. Helps to keep the local business going too.