closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies watch dial removal

Ladies watch dial removal

This one has stumped me - trying to get to the dial to remove/refit the hands as the second hand is catching on the minute hand. However, the dial won't come out the back so I'm assuming it's a front-loader of some sort but I've no idea how to remove the bezel/crystal. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Grand Master
    I would expect the bezel to be press- fitted and should pry off, unless its screw- fitted ( unlikely on this style if watch) I can’t see any other way to get it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I would expect the bezel to be press- fitted and should pry off, unless its screw- fitted ( unlikely on this style if watch) I can’t see any other way to get it apart.
    Yep - bezel pried off but not very easily it has to be said. The crappy plastic minute hand wouldn't fit properly on the pinion anyway.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Yep - bezel pried off but not very easily it has to be said. The crappy plastic minute hand wouldn't fit properly on the pinion anyway.
    There are various tricks that help a hand stay in place, if it has a pipe it can be gently squeezed in tweezers to tighten it up. As an absolute last resort a tiny spot of adhesive can be applied, not ideal but it will solve the problem.

Getting the bezel back on might be a challenge......crystal press and bevelled plastic dies usually works.