closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap price inflation!

Strap price inflation!

On my late father's watch, I have a Hirsch Capitano, alligator, black that I bought just less than 3 years ago for £190 (less a chunky promotional discount).

Thinking that the watch might look nicer on a lighter strap I went to see what was available and the price has rocketed to £269!

Thank goodness none of the colors were what I had in mind.

The Isofrane that I bought at the same time for £72 (less discount) is now an eye watering £140.

What's happened? Has the world gone mad?

Master
    I think the most I've ever paid for a strap is £65 (Hirsch performance).

I'm telling a slight lie as I paid £230 for a replacement leather Cartier strap for my ex.

This is probably going to sound stupid but I've actually bought whole watches just for the Stainless steel straps then sold the watches afterwards. I don't think I've ever lost money doing it
    But on purchasing my most expensive strap I paid £95.00 plus a fiver postage for a Christopher Ward C65 SS strap.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    This is probably going to sound stupid but I've actually bought whole watches just for the Stainless steel straps then sold the watches afterwards. I don't think I've ever lost money doing it
    But on purchasing my most expensive strap I paid £95.00 plus a fiver postage for a Christopher Ward C65 SS strap.
    Doesn't sound daft at all - I've bought a couple of Eddie's 2-piece nylons simply for the deployants