closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: The TZ Best Lease Car Deals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Hi

My 3yr PCP on a 535d m-sport ends very shortly....deal from a BMW main franchise was £300 deposit and £275 per month with 8k mileage allowance per year.

Now I was looking on Leasing.com last evening for a suitable replacement and I'm struggling....I would like:

Decent brand ( Audi , BMW , Volvo , VW etc )
    4/5 door Saloon/Hatchback
    Min 2.0 ( hopefully circa 300hp - only based on my 535d experience - not too concerned re engine size/consumption - e.g 2.0 or 4.0 would be fine ! )
    24x month deal....possibly 36x
    3-6x month deposit

Budget wise looks like I need to allow a bit more , let's say £350....but what do I know ?

Anyone more familiar with the various providers able to give me a steer please ?

Best Neil
    Use the website Leaseloco and go from there...

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Hi

My 3yr PCP on a 535d m-sport ends very shortly....deal from a BMW main franchise was £300 deposit and £275 per month with 8k mileage allowance per year.

Now I was looking on Leasing.com last evening for a suitable replacement and I'm struggling....I would like:

Decent brand ( Audi , BMW , Volvo , VW etc )
    4/5 door Saloon/Hatchback
    Min 2.0 ( hopefully circa 300hp - only based on my 535d experience - not too concerned re engine size/consumption - e.g 2.0 or 4.0 would be fine ! )
    24x month deal....possibly 36x
    3-6x month deposit

Budget wise looks like I need to allow a bit more , let's say £350....but what do I know ?

Anyone more familiar with the various providers able to give me a steer please ?

Best Neil
    How about something a bit different.
    Alfa Romeo Giulia. 2l 280hp but significantly lighter than competitors so 280 gives you 5.7 to 60 mph.

Despite the old “reliability” comments and history, it’s not the case today, they score better than the brands you’ve listed.

Beachdale Alfa in Derby area is one of the cheapest and also a family business.

I like mine so much more than my previous Audi A4 and past BMW’s.

Master
    Anyone seen any good deals on a Jeep Wrangler?
    There were some cracking deals at the beginning of the year at around £200 per months. Considering upgrading my old model

Quote Originally Posted by mikiejack View Post
    How about something a bit different.
    Alfa Romeo Giulia. 2l 280hp but significantly lighter than competitors so 280 gives you 5.7 to 60 mph.

Despite the old “reliability” comments and history, it’s not the case today, they score better than the brands you’ve listed.

Beachdale Alfa in Derby area is one of the cheapest and also a family business.

I like mine so much more than my previous Audi A4 and past BMW’s.
    Great looking cars, too - I had a decent look at one recently and would definitely be high on my list if I didn't need a hatch/estate.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Just ordered a 118i M Sport auto for wifey. Decent deal on 8k miles per year but fully maintained with tyre replacement and all repairs for three years for £547 was a complete no brainier.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Just ordered a 118i M Sport auto for wifey. Decent deal on 8k miles per year but fully maintained with tyre replacement and all repairs for three years for £547 was a complete no brainier.

Pitch
    £547? Per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    £547? Per month?
    Think that's a one off for the repairs and tyres etc, not the monthly.

Pitch
    Can you provide more details about the deal?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Think that's a one off for the repairs and tyres etc, not the monthly.
    Ah makes sense now!! 20 odd quid a month for maintenance sounds about right and a good deal indeed.

Blog Entries
    Ah makes sense now!! 20 odd quid a month for maintenance sounds about right and a good deal indeed.
    Yep for the full lease term. Thinking two services at BMW rates, at least a pair of tyres plus the inevitable punctures. Seemed very cheap.

Pitch

Blog Entries

Where did you spot that deal Pitch? Asking for our daughter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Where did you spot that deal Pitch? Asking for our daughter.
    Central UK vehicle leasing buddy 01952 222770

Pitch

Cheers Pitch, I was only looking on their site yesterday.

Re that Fiesta offer:

I make it that actually costs £190 each month for the 24 month term.

3000+180+(23 x 59.99)=4559.77/24=189.99.

Is that good value?
    ______

​Jim.

A car reshuffle and rationalisation due to less use arising out of lockdown sees me looking for a 2 year deal on something like a Golf or A3 which I can also insure 23 year old son on (he has no insurance history as he has been living abroad and in London but is home for a few months at least)

Anyone aware of any good deals - am able to decide quickly and need availability in about 4 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    A car reshuffle and rationalisation due to less use arising out of lockdown sees me looking for a 2 year deal on something like a Golf or A3 which I can also insure 23 year old son on (he has no insurance history as he has been living abroad and in London but is home for a few months at least)

Anyone aware of any good deals - am able to decide quickly and need availability in about 4 weeks

I just leased a Golf Estate 1.5 tsi Evo Match DSG from Yes Lease who are based in Stoke on Trent. I needed 20k miles so it came in at £297 per month with nothing down on a 3 year deal. I think they were doing a deal at around £250ish a month for a non estate version with less miles and the same no deposit.

Also no admin fees to be paid. These were from stock and available before the end of the month.

Here’s the link:-

https://www.yes-lease.co.uk/car-leasing/volkswagen/golf-hatchback/hatch-5dr-1.5-tsi-evo-130-life-5dr-manual-start-stop-265509-0136080000
    Last edited by johnny778; 13th September 2020 at 22:14.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Help please !

I've had enough with paying out every month to fix something wrong with my 12 year old Merc E320 so looking at affordable leases.
    As I'm now working from home I'm no longer doing 20k+ miles a year, so a small, economical petrol (or hybrid) will do the job.

Requirements...

• Must be big enough for 3 teenagers in the back, plus luggage in the boot
    • Being able to get my MTB in would be useful (sans kids) - so either an estate, or folding rear seats (my second biggest complaint about my E Class, after it being 'a little bit fixy')
    • 50+mpg petrol engine if possible
    • Reliable (I am naively assuming that all new cars are relatively pain-free)
    • Bluetooth connectivity / Android Auto

Not particularly fussed about brand, colour, transmission, wheel size, or performance (I'll buy a cheap Mk II MX-5 for weekend fun).

Ideally around £200 a month for 5-8k miles, 36 months lease... up to £1500 deposit.

Any recommendations ?
    Last edited by amnesia; 14th September 2020 at 12:48.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I've had enough with paying out every month to fix something wrong with my 12 year old Merc E320 so looking at affordable leases.
    As I'm now working from home I'm no longer doing 20k+ miles a year, so a small, economical petrol (or hybrid) will do the job.

Requirements...

• Must be big enough for 3 teenagers in the back, plus luggage in the boot
    • Being able to get my MTB in would be useful (sans kids) - so either an estate, or folding rear seats (my second biggest complaint about my E Class, after it being 'a little bit fixy')
    • 50+mpg petrol engine if possible
    • Reliable (I am naively assuming that all new cars are relatively pain-free)
    • Bluetooth connectivity / Android Auto

Not particularly fussed about brand, colour, transmission, wheel size, or performance (I'll buy a cheap Mk II MX-5 for weekend fun).

Ideally around £200 a month for 5-8k miles, 36 months lease... up to £1500 deposit.

Any recommendations ?
    Should be able to get an Octavia estate within budget. i have one and it's been great so far. I have the 2L diesel, but you can get a 1.0 or 1.5L petrol

Craftsman
    Bit left field but Kia Ceed estate might be worth a look. We ran the non estate as pool cars at work and they were pretty reliable give the amount of hammer a pool car gets. Not as nice inside as the Skoda but a good reliable workhorse

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Have a look on LeaseLoco website.

They have a nice interface with plenty of options/sliders to help you find what you are after. It will at least let you see what is out there within budget, following which you can thin down the search a bit.

The Pistonheads version of this thread also has lots of hot deals on it - but they do go very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    I just leased a Golf Estate 1.5 tsi Evo Match DSG from Yes Lease who are based in Stoke on Trent. I needed 20k miles so it came in at £297 per month with nothing down on a 3 year deal. I think they were doing a deal at around £250ish a month for a non estate version with less miles and the same no deposit.

Also no admin fees to be paid. These were from stock and available before the end of the month.

Here’s the link:-

https://www.yes-lease.co.uk/car-leas...509-0136080000
    Thanks for this. Am In touch with Yes via leaseloco on a new Golf. £28k list car total cost circa £7400 over 2 years. Seems a nice deal and can get my 23 year old insured on it without breaking the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Have a look on LeaseLoco website.

They have a nice interface with plenty of options/sliders to help you find what you are after. It will at least let you see what is out there within budget, following which you can thin down the search a bit.

The Pistonheads version of this thread also has lots of hot deals on it - but they do go very fast.
    Thanks. It is a very easy to use website.

Volvo s90 momentum plus is on a cheap deal less than £250 a month and a very comfortable car

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Volvo s90 momentum plus is on a cheap deal less than £250 a month and a very comfortable car
    Link please?

Link please?
    https://www.leaseloco.com/car-leasin.../2-24-8000-6-0

Here you go, it was also on contract cars too

Master
    Blog Entries
    That S90 looks a fantastic deal - wish I was in the market.... But very tempting

Master
    Thank you, will take a look.

Thanks for this. Am In touch with Yes via leaseloco on a new Golf. £28k list car total cost circa £7400 over 2 years. Seems a nice deal and can get my 23 year old insured on it without breaking the bank

Just an update. Yes Lease stuck by the deal as stated on Leaseloco. I was half expecting them to say they couldn’t do it for that etc etc.

They have been extremely easy to deal with - just 1 phone call and maybe 3 emails/on line forms.

Car is ordered and delivery expected in 4 weeks.

As an aside a pal of mine has leased many cars for his company for years. He sent the quote on to his regular lease guy. He said all Yes Leasing were getting was the £300 broker fee and it was essentially at cost price. That was reassuring and the deal ticks a lot of boxes.

Thanks to all for the pointers on here

Just an update. Yes Lease stuck by the deal as stated on Leaseloco. I was half expecting them to say they couldn’t do it for that etc etc.

They have been extremely easy to deal with - just 1 phone call and maybe 3 emails/on line forms.

Car is ordered and delivery expected in 4 weeks.

As an aside a pal of mine has leased many cars for his company for years. He sent the quote on to his regular lease guy. He said all Yes Leasing were getting was the £300 broker fee and it was essentially at cost price. That was reassuring and the deal ticks a lot of boxes.

Thanks to all for the pointers on here

Pleased I could be of assistance. Mine is getting delivered on 15th October and they’ve been top notch in their comms.

I checked with other brokers and main dealers and the Yes lease prices were very keen.

I get the impression they do large volumes of vehicles as their processes are pretty slick.

Apparently the deal I had was part funded by the dealer which i have never come across before. Basically the dealer chucked an extra 400 quid into the deal towards the down payment. Desperate times I’m guessing for some dealers.

Hi Guys!

Just wanted opinions on this deal...

BMW 320i Saloon M Sport + Pro Pack + Black with Blue stitch upholstery

15k miles per annum

£2680 + 23 months @ £447

Thoughts one way or the other guys or anything better about?

regards

aq

Quote Originally Posted by amalgam786 View Post
    Hi Guys!

15k miles per annum

£2680 + 23 months @ £447

regards

aq
    https://www.contractcars.com/product...port-4dr-auto/

This looks better I think

Hi Guys!

15k miles per annum

£2680 + 23 months @ £447

regards

aq
    Yearly Cost to Price Guide

If you have specified an RRP we will provide you with a % yearly cost to price figure. This is a way of gauging the quality of the deal. See this blog post for a full explanation of the ratio.

I.e. A £35,000 car available for a total cost of £7,500 over 2 years = £3750 per year = £3,750/£35,000 *100 = 10.71% of RRP

Yearly Cost to Price guidelines

>15% – Fairly expensive, I’d consider looking around unless deals are rare

< 12.5% – Reasonable and worth considering

< 10% – Very good

< 7.5% – Amazing deal, snap it up

< 5% – Almost unheard of

https://www.leasebeast.co.uk/calculator/

Your deal seems to be >15%, hence nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Yearly Cost to Price Guide

Your deal seems to be >15%, hence nothing special.
    Well thats a bummer! - It doesn't seem to take into account mileage though - maybe thats the reason its not as good a deal compared to others with less miles?

Master
    Have a look at leasoco v simple to use and you can search by model I believe they are a broker

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Have a look at leasoco v simple to use and you can search by model I believe they are a broker
    cheers!

Well thats a bummer!
    No, it is a beemer.

I currently lease a Velar on a 2 year deal, which since Covid arrived spends most of its time sitting in my driveway, going nowhere.

We need a car to use every few weeks and will cover a lot of miles during those couple of days (approx 500 - 800 miles in 2 days), but I am now thinking that we can get away with only one car instead of the current two, which does make me wonder where the car leasing market is going, as I am surely not alone in terms of reduced car usage.

Interested to hear what others think and how their car use/leasing habits have changed/may reduce since lockdown.

Master
    Very valid point. I would have thought used car market would have suffered as a result. We also went from 2 to 1 car in last few months.

However, to counter this, it seems new car supply is restricted and apparently that has boosted used sales!

All anecdotal of course.

New car production frustrated as a result of COVID/ furlough/ shutdowns
    Used car market buoyant as a result of new car market limited production and people not wanting to use public transport

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Glad I am not looking for a replacement for at least 18 months.
    Luckily I managed to bag on of the bargain RS Megane 280 cup pack cars for £220pm & just got wifey a Pug 2008 for slightly more.

Craftsman

Pitch
    Colleague took delivery of one (company car) in feb, great interior and a bit of punch. Decent gearbox too.

What are the monthly payments/was the initial outlay?

Used market is strong as less stock coming through due to people (hello - waking up) realising that all that glitters is not good, that things out of whatever control you think you have are now out of control, and folk have “expensive depreciating ornaments” sat in their drives.
    Tied into “bargain” pcp and bs lease deals
    Your car “must” be worth “more” should it not now you’ve not used it due to mileage and GFV?

So much fun money cars out there on the used market - still top German stuff - but no need to lease with finance sooooo cheap from banks and you can then chop and change vehicle, brand etc when YOU actually want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I currently lease a Velar on a 2 year deal, which since Covid arrived spends most of its time sitting in my driveway, going nowhere.

We need a car to use every few weeks and will cover a lot of miles during those couple of days (approx 500 - 800 miles in 2 days), but I am now thinking that we can get away with only one car instead of the current two, which does make me wonder where the car leasing market is going, as I am surely not alone in terms of reduced car usage.

Interested to hear what others think and how their car use/leasing habits have changed/may reduce since lockdown.
    Coincidence that you’ve posted this because we’ve been having similar discussions at home and work. Back in April at the peak of lockdown, I (like many others no doubt) was thinking I’m paying a silly amount of money for cars just sat on the drive. Since July things returned to a semi normal basis, but I’m not driving anywhere near as much as last year. As it stands today I think I’m thinking the same as you - get away with one car. My deal is up in 10 months so a lot may change in that time, so I’ll just see how things go.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Coincidence that you’ve posted this because we’ve been having similar discussions at home and work. Back in April at the peak of lockdown, I (like many others no doubt) was thinking I’m paying a silly amount of money for cars just sat on the drive. Since July things returned to a semi normal basis, but I’m not driving anywhere near as much as last year. As it stands today I think I’m thinking the same as you - get away with one car. My deal is up in 10 months so a lot may change in that time, so I’ll just see how things go.
    I'm in same boat and was VERY close to pulling trigger on Velar deal that Maysie is on. However has last second change of heart and decided I wanted to go electric within next 2 years and instead bought a used Audi A7 until such a time as I can get a decent used Tesla.

Wife has a V40, and I'm now basically thinking having the 2 cars is massive overkill. She is keen on a Tesla too, so could trade in the 2 for 1 and come out of it well. With basically little to no servicing costs on an electric car and obviously big saving on the fuel, it is seemingly an obvious choice.

Looking at values of both our cars, I was surprised at how well they have held up!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I'm in same boat and was VERY close to pulling trigger on Velar deal that Maysie is on. However has last second change of heart and decided I wanted to go electric within next 2 years and instead bought a used Audi A7 until such a time as I can get a decent used Tesla.

Wife has a V40, and I'm now basically thinking having the 2 cars is massive overkill. She is keen on a Tesla too, so could trade in the 2 for 1 and come out of it well. With basically little to no servicing costs on an electric car and obviously big saving on the fuel, it is seemingly an obvious choice.

Looking at values of both our cars, I was surprised at how well they have held up!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Jon
    I think we must have quite similar tastes, as I had been looking at a Tesla to replace the Velar at the end of the lease.

The Velar was only really a stop-gap to let the electric car market mature a bit really, but it has now become obvious that the Velar is a bit of an unnecessary luxury that we could (probably) do without. It is really lovely though and is such an effortless car to drive. Unlike my Hilux which shakes the teeth out of your head - which would become the 'every day' car if we went down to a one car household. Farm use, towing and off-road capability unfortunately rule out a Tesla as our single car option.

Journeyman
    I'm due a replacement in April and any dealer I speak to suggests I need to be ordering soon.

The best deals I can find seem to be on Audis so looking at either an A7 or A6 avant:

https://leasing.com/independent-brok.../a7/573107581/

https://leasing.com/independent-brok.../a6/614413543/

Does anyone know of any better deals available and any views on which to go for?

The A6 is quicker, more practical and 4WD but the A7 is prettier and I don't need the extra boot space. Bit concerned about going from a 6 pot 3l diesel down to a 2l. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used the power over the last 2.5 yrs but it's nice to know it's there.

After a bit of info/advice from anyone who may have terminated a deal early?

I've leased my car until April and have 5 payments left. I've spoken about early termination and been advised the following:

I can confirm that if you wish to early terminate your contract with us, the fee for this would be £917.80 excluding VAT. This quotation is for your rental payments only and is based on 50% of your outstanding rental payments.

You may also be subject to further costs:

Excess mileage if you have exceeded your allowed mileage for the period of use.
    End of Contract damage, if upon inspection, the condition of your vehicle is outside of the BVRLA standards.
    1 months unbilled rental if your contract is billing in arrears
    Please note this quotation is valid on the assumption that the vehicle is returned between the following dates 27/10/2020 and 26/11/2020 and that your last rental due has been paid.
    No issue with the further costs - but I can't work out the fee to terminate. My monthly payment is £386.82. So I owe £1934.10. Using above, the monthly payment excluding VAT is £322.35. This works out at £1611.75 excluding VAT and 50% of this is £805.88 rounded up. So theres an extra £112 in the settlement. No other fees mentioned such as an additional termination or anything.

I'll be calling them tomorrow (email was sent to me yesterday) - but am I missing anything? Any ideas or previous experience? This is Santander for Volvo

Master
    Possibly a pro rata amount for an incomplete month if the new hand back date isn’t on the same day of the month that the original date was?

Craftsman
    Also depends on your mileage.

For ease of the example, if you had 36 month contract with 36,000 miles and handed it back 5 months early, your mileage entitlement would only be for 31 months or 31,000 miles

If you had done 32,000 miles you would get penalty charges on the mileage e.g. 13p + VAT x 1,000 or £156

You should get it all in the early termination quote. If it’s Lex Autolease, check the details as they are so far behind in service levels they missed 2 payments I had made from my termination value...they still haven’t taken the final settlement on a car I handed back in March either

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk