closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How willing are AD's to negotiate?

How willing are AD's to negotiate?

Particularly on reduced stock that's been hanging around for a bit?

There's an Aqua Terra 15,000 gauss in the window of a jewellers in Preston and I've fancied one ever since they came out, but its been there a good while now (6 months+).

Craftsman
    If you turn up looking like a person who might really buy a watch, and are prepared to buy cash (meaning, of course, credit card -- real cash is regarded with suspicion these days), you may be pleasantly surprised how flexible your AD can be.

Master
    In my experience, if you go in and are ready to buy there and then you'll get something off if it's not a brand new model or a Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post
    If you turn up looking like a person who might really buy a watch, and are prepared to buy cash (meaning, of course, credit card -- real cash is regarded with suspicion these days), you may be pleasantly surprised how flexible your AD can be.
    Thanks - It's on for £3,600 ish, so I might research prices a bit then go in to see them.

I'd expect discount off most Omega models, and if it's been hanging-around a while it only helps your cause. Especially if buying outright and not on 0% finance etc.

Even if they balk at giving the level of discount you're targeting, you could perhaps ask them to contribute a free service (or 50% of the cost) on a watch that's been knocking around their window a long time. I've had some success with that in the past, but of course it's only really of use if you plan on still owning the watch for the few years until a service is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I'd expect discount off most Omega models, and if it's been hanging-around a while it only helps your cause. Especially if buying outright and not on 0% finance etc.

Even if they balk at giving the level of discount you're targeting, you could perhaps ask them to contribute a free service (or 50% of the cost) on a watch that's been knocking around their window a long time. I've had some success with that in the past, but of course it's only really of use if you plan on still owning the watch for the few years until a service is due.
    Thanks.

Might seem an odd question, but I've never actually bought a single watch new and only a couple were from somewhere other than this forum...

Go to the store and try it on and make a offers... (show you are a serious buyer)

Craftsman
    If it's this one, Goldsmiths are popping them out at £3,500

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-S...ba&fo_s=slisys

I'd go super low ball to start with, probably £3k and would be prepared to walk if they didn't play ball, it's not as if it's super rare, and it's been in the window a while.
    I recently got offered £100 off a £1350 watch if I didn't want the 0% finance, and that was without really asking so 10% has to be aimed for at least, but it all bols down to how much margin they have on it, and only they can answer that. ;)

All the authorised dealers I know give an instant 20% simply by showing a 'Timefactors' guarantee card and giving the secret TZ handshake.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I guess its Whittles in Preston. If so ask for John Baxendale who is deputy manager who knows his watches although he is not into them himself.
    If you have got an idea of discount then he will tell you if they can do it at that price.
    I would think 15% should be doable.
    Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I guess its Whittles in Preston. If so ask for John Baxendale who is deputy manager who knows his watches although he is not into them himself.
    If you have got an idea of discount then he will tell you if they can do it at that price.
    I would think 15% should be doable.
    Good Luck.
    Yep that's the one.

Cheers - I may have spoken to him in the past actually, he was quite helpful when I had an issue with a Breitling Aerospace I'd recently acquired.

Sounds like its worth a go anyway. After a hunt round I've seen a decent looking pre-owned one for around the £2,800 mark, so I wouldn't be expecting to get it for peanuts.

Very likely in my experience. 15-20% discount should be your minimum target. Its win win at this reduction as you get a deal and they still make a significant margin

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Can’t Alex get 20% off this?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_lazers View Post
    Particularly on reduced stock that's been hanging around for a bit?

There's an Aqua Terra 15,000 gauss in the window of a jewellers in Preston and I've fancied one ever since they came out, but its been there a good while now (6 months+).
    Tell them I've said you can have a 50% discount .... .... Anything anyone suggests on an Internet forum is pretty meaningless, the only people who'll know is the dealer selling the watch so why not ask him/her.

Master
    The last new Rolex I bought in April, one of the easily available professional models, I did some research on the best price on the grey market. I offered the AD that price, which they would not meet, but came to within £250 of it. I said I would mull it over and they upped to include a service and new crystal on my 216570. I know that I would loose a shed load should I sell the new watch but was happy with the deal as I really wanted it and don't plan to ever sell. 🤞🤞

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk