closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    About Rolex prices:

Crypto Meltdown Claims Rolex and Patek Philippe as Victims

Waiting lists for many new models are at least two years long, because not all of the gains in the secondary market have been erased. Buying a Rolex in a store still feels like a bargain. Watches of Switzerland Group Plc, which operates boutiques in Britain and the US, is also seeing supply outstrip demand for some Cartier, Omega and Tudor models.

Full article including interesting graphs: Bloomberg
    Surely they mean demand outstrip supply for some Cartier, Omega and Tudor and not the other way round as they published?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Surely they mean demand outstrip supply for some Cartier, Omega and Tudor and not the other way round as they published?
    Is there really much demand for these brands?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I thought that - but I also constantly see those brands easily available in shops in the UK and abroad, and in airports, and almost all models.
    Maybe the Tudor panda chrono is the only slightly awkward one to buy immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    25% down from absurd peaks, still high in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    More soon

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Really the only people likely to be experiencing twitchy bum are the gamblers who bought to invest and not to enjoy.
    Some of mine may and indeed WILL drop, but if that sort of thing erases pleasure and introduces worry, stop collecting watches.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Really the only people likely to be experiencing twitchy bum are the gamblers who bought to invest and not to enjoy.
    Some of mine may and indeed WILL drop, but if that sort of thing erases pleasure and introduces worry, stop collecting watches.
    This is largely true but there's also a few people who very much like watches who were probably spurred on by the residual value. Not to make money, just the value gave the confidence to buy a bit more than you otherwise would.

If it does get brutal I might even get a call or two.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Wise words.

Once the talk is of residuals etc I think a lot of the simple joy of watch collecting goes out of the window.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Let me know when I can buy a 5167A in an AD. Until then, I hate it all

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Give it time, it's still early doors yet.

Just imagine a world where used prices drop significantly - so significantly, in fact, that Rolex's absurd retail prices are unavoidably spotlit given the rather unimaginative mass-produced watches for which they are being demanded...

Wouldn't just be the speculators with twitchy sphincters, then - Rolex's marketing people will have their work cut, too...*

* Can't possibly happen, best watches in the world mate, your [sic] only jealous, wear in good wealth, &c ad naus. ...