closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Samsung Software Update - Just Don't!

Master

Samsung Software Update - Just Don't!

Honestly, just don't. The display now looks like a early learning kids toy on my S8+. It's beyond hideous and can't be changed without major works. I can no longer shut-down individual Apps, the icons are fekkin awful ill-defined blobs, the control keys at the bottom which disappear after a few seconds don't!

It's hideous!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Honestly, just don't. The display now looks like a early learning kids toy on my S8+. It's beyond hideous and can't be changed without major works. I can no longer shut-down individual Apps, the icons are fekkin awful ill-defined blobs, the control keys at the bottom which disappear after a few seconds don't!

It's hideous!
    Are you talking about the OneUI/Android 9 update? I've had it on my Note 8 for a couple of weeks now and I find it rather good.

I don't like the new 'Recent apps' function (I think with the previous, card-style one, it was quicker to find the app you wanted) and I also find the extra swipe required to reveal the extra options for the sound volume a bit annoying, but the keyboard, sound and camera all work better, plus I really like the new 'Dark Mode', so overall I'm happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post

It's hideous!
    Is it this one (shown on an S9)?

See version info at 9 mins.
    Last edited by PickleB; 13th March 2019 at 18:22. Reason: add final sentence

Didn't notice a change on my S9, and I'm pretty sure I can still close down individual apps. Most importantly, I've acquired the ability to remap the Bixby button to something I might want to use.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

You must have just downloaded Pie?0

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Dunno which one, just accepted the auto-update. Not only do the app buttons look crap, the graphics 'hazy', but it's killed Netflix!!!!!!
    So, on a long train journey, f... all to watch and according to reddit it's a widespread fault with some apps that'll I'll find out about as I go.

Master
    Just checked, Android security patch Feb 19, v9.

Master
    I've just updated to Pie on my Note 8, straight to NOVA to sort everything out!