closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DIY Kitchens

Master
    Blog Entries

DIY Kitchens

We are buying a new house and doing an extension to create a larger kitchen. A builder I know has told me about DIY kitchens and has one himself, he tells me the product is better than Howdens and other mid range suppliers.. anyone dealt with them before and if so what were your experiences please?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I used them. Very impressed with the quality. They were also much cheaper than Howdens etc..

I used them last year - very pleased. Visit their show room if you are close enough.

Craftsman
    DIY Kitchens now top the Which list of best kitchen suppliers, as per customer feedback

Well worth it Kevin, I fitted one in my holiday house a couple of years ago on my Dads recommendation after he fitted one.
    Ive had 2 Howdens kitchens and got considerable discounts but the DIY one was still cheaper and quality the same if not better.
    I bought a new build house and the contractor wouldn’t let us change the kitchen, we are in the process of re-designing it and are going for a DIY kitchen in a farrow and ball colour.

Master
    Been dealing with them over the last 3 weeks for 7 kitchens, found it all hard work, im not that IT savy and struggled with the online everything and the own design, not the planning but the translating it into a computer drawing and list, final nail was them not being able to provide a correct VAT invoice, really relevant to me as i have had 2 vat enquirys in the last 6 months and i need the Vat reclaim as its business.
    The showroom is fantastic, best ive ever been to and if you can drive a computer then you will be on a winner.

Another vote from me - great range, fabulous quality and keen prices.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, I've heard nothing but good things from the trade too and will look at my friends kitchen next week as I'm miles away from their showroom. He can do proper CAD drawings once I give him all the measurements and I spent 26 years in photography and graphic design so think we can draw up a plan between us. I'm happy as they are almost half the price of Howdens and 2 builders I know have said Howdens are hard work to deal with too.

Master
    I used them too & would recommend.
    I've also visited their factory showroom & was impressed with both quality & choice.

I agree around the IT tool takes some getting used to, but it does work well & produced good results.
    I did have a few quality / damaged during delivery issues but they were very good on customer service side with sorting it all out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As the above post, reading the feedback there does seem to be times when stuff turns up damaged but they do sort it out quickly by all accounts.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the kitchen planner tool on the DIY Kitchen website, I'm struggling to find it???

https://planner.diy-kitchens.com/plan/edit-shape/

We've done initial kitchen hunting this morning and am looking at DIY kitchens. Unfortunately we're miles and miles away from their show room.

Your a star, thanks mate, couldn’t find it on their website at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Yep, bought our kitchen from there. Primary reason was we wanted colours that pretty much no one else could supply, DIY have a huge range of colours, sizes, style options. We finished ours with separately sourced worktops and ironmongery and you'd never know it was a "cheap" kitchen.

Be aware that the units arrive ready built, so you need a lot of space to store them until the kitchen is ready to take them (especially if you buy any of the floor to ceiling larder type units).

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Yep, bought our kitchen from there. Primary reason was we wanted colours that pretty much no one else could supply, DIY have a huge range of colours, sizes, style options. We finished ours with separately sourced worktops and ironmongery and you'd never know it was a "cheap" kitchen.

Be aware that the units arrive ready built, so you need a lot of space to store them until the kitchen is ready to take them (especially if you buy any of the floor to ceiling larder type units).
    Come built, even better, yep got a double garage so plenty of room in there, already started planning it, just need to spend next few weeks making sure it’s all good then I’ll get a fitter in to quote and make sure haven’t forgotten anything...

Journeyman
    Another vote from me, used these for our kitchen.

Arrived assembled, fast customer service - i forgot something and they sent it out straight away.
    Only thing, if you're in a flat rather than a house, the delivery guys will only deliver to ground floor.

They now have a proper 3D planner which is much easier to use prior to ordering.

We got our units from them and nine years on they're still rock solid and looking good and worked out significantly cheaper than the DIY sheds. Our fitter was very impressed at the quality. As others have said they come ready built so check doors for clearance - we just about managed to get some of the taller/wider units through our narrow terrace passageways!

DIY Kitchens

Quote Originally Posted by dja21 View Post
    Another vote from me, used these for our kitchen.

Arrived assembled, fast customer service - i forgot something and they sent it out straight away.
    Only thing, if you're in a flat rather than a house, the delivery guys will only deliver to ground floor.

They now have a proper 3D planner which is much easier to use prior to ordering.

Is the 3D planner online or in store?
    Could I go into store with my measurements and they help me plan it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Is the 3D planner online or in store?
    Could I go into store with my measurements and they help me plan it?

Its online, link below. Really handy as it automatically sets the offsets for corner units for example and has a style tab to visualise your colour scheme.

https://planner.diy-kitchens.com/

I didn't actually end up going to the store, i drew my kitchen using Google SketchUp and created the units and moved them around until we found a layout that worked. I then ordered all the units online and had a nervous wait until they were installed - luckily my measurements ended up being ok! Just make sure you order enough end panels / filler panels for your design.

You can order a sample door online and they will refund if you place an order and pick it up when they deliver your kitchen.

Thank you I’ll start planning it out to see how it looks.