closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Yes you could be celebrating the league in around 20 minutes.
    Actually..... Hold that thought!

1-1 doesn't help either team TBH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    1-1 doesn't help either team TBH.
    I'd help Man City

z

How the heck did Spurs not score right at the death? Wow what an escape. Man City and Arsenal will be pleased

Damn. Yet again, so close to beating the b*stards

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Damn. Yet again, so close to beating the b*stards
    It was an alien feeling for me to be cheering on Spurs ( still hurting from 1981 FA Cup Final ), but that draw might be enough...

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It was an alien feeling for me to be cheering on Spurs ( still hurting from 1981 FA Cup Final ), but that draw might be enough...

z
    Yes, I was there. In fact, I’ve been going for 52 years now - it’s no wonder I’m a miserable sod.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Frustrating watching TAA keep pointlessly crossing it in (badly in most cases), LFC were never gonna score in the air today with Spurs easily winning all the aerial battles.

Can't see City losing a game let alone drawing if honest

Still open I reckon, although huge fillip for City.

Crazy season, and mad day for Northampton today. Gutted. But fair play to BR.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 7th May 2022 at 21:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The Pogba to Manchester City rumours flying around would ordinarily be dismissed by me as complete tosh, however we live in a time where anything is possible.
    Yeah I was shocked to see that - why they would want that lazy git is beyond me. More concerned about his haircut each week

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Frustrating watching TAA keep pointlessly crossing it in (badly in most cases), LFC were never gonna score in the air today with Spurs easily winning all the aerial battles.

Can't see City losing a game let alone drawing if honest
    Tomorrow’s game v Newcastle will be tricky. City with a potential hangover from Wednesday night and Newcastle riding high in 2022

Master
    Spurs tactics were horrible, 11 men 30 yards from the goal line for the majority of the game.

Having said that Liverpool never looked like scoring more than 1, lost of possession and position but as someone mentioned above lots of over hit or under hit crosses.

City title now, it’s gone for Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Spurs tactics were horrible, 11 men 30 yards from the goal line for the majority of the game.

Having said that Liverpool never looked like scoring more than 1, lost of possession and position but as someone mentioned above lots of over hit or under hit crosses.

Yes it's City now for sure, though to be honest it probably was irrespective of todays result.

This may help Liverpool in their quest for the other two trophies as it may take some of the pressure off, now they know it's over for the title.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Tomorrow’s game v Newcastle will be tricky. City with a potential hangover from Wednesday night and Newcastle riding high in 2022
    I think thats just nerves from you Sevvy, it should be nothing but a comfortable victory.

IMHO Spurs were the better team and had the best chances. Fabinho should have been sent off and the Spurs defending was terrific

Rubbish. The tactics were spot on and we should have won by two or three goals.

Master
    IMHO Spurs were the better team and had the best chances. Fabinho should have been sent off and the Spurs defending was terrific
    The better team ??? They spent the whole game pegged back defending their box.

I can’t remember them having a shot in the first half or even getting out their half.

Liverpool completely dominated the game but never looked like scoring enough to win it.

Spurs tactics were horrible, the fans can’t like watching that it’s the most negative I’ve seen at anfield this season, literally every man in their own half.

The spurs fans were very lively though the best away support I’ve seen this season to be fair. Can’t beat an away on the sauce all day and a late kick off on a Saturday.

I can’t remember them having a shot in the first half or even getting out their half.

Spurs hit the post in the 1st half and Kane would have scored if the Liverpool defender hadn't made a great last ditch block.

Master
    MOTD showed the remaining fixtures and City have to go to Wolves and West Ham both of who are fighting for European football. Last game is v Villa managed by - Steven Gerrard!! And not discounting Newcastle tomorrow.

Will Liverpool be distracted by the FA Cup and Champions League finals??

A long way to go!

Liverpool completely dominated the game but never looked like scoring enough to win it.

Spurs tactics were horrible, the fans can’t like watching that it’s the most negative I’ve seen at anfield this season, literally every man in their own half.

The spurs fans were very lively though the best away support I’ve seen this season to be fair. Can’t beat an away on the sauce all day and a late kick off on a Saturday.

Remind me how many shots Pool had on target? Only remember Lloris having one save to make and that was from Sessegnon. Klopp seems to think all teams should roll over for him. One of the best defensive displays I’ve seen this season and we had the better chances. I would gladly taken a point beforehand but now it feels like we’ve dropped 2 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Remind me how many shots Pool had on target? Only remember Lloris having one save to make and that was from Sessegnon. Klopp seems to think all teams should roll over for him. One of the best defensive displays I’ve seen this season and we had the better chances. I would gladly taken a point beforehand but now it feels like we’ve dropped 2 points!
    Yep. And Hojbjerg

It’s speaking the obvious but managers set a game plan to win a game, not allow their opponent to play their best game. Spurs we’re never going to beat Liverpool allowing an open, free running game so why do it?

If Conté is given the money to boost the squad they will only improve under him.

Craftsman
    I think the Spurs chances from last night stand out more as they were unexpected, but Liverpool undoubtedly dominated the game. For the Kane blocked shot, see the block on Salah from Davies. For the Hojberg hit post, see the crossbar rattled by van Dijk. Liverpool produced 10 shots to Spurs 6, each side had 3 on target, and the xG was 1.2 - 1.0. two completely different styles, a very even game.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Who knows, Stevie G may be hoping to have a final say/twist for the title run in :)

Liverpool fan upset that opposing team come and stop them from winning easily.

Good grief.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Who knows, Stevie G may be hoping to have a final say/twist for the title run in :)
    I was thinking this. He would love nothing better. Honestly though Liverpool are not going to do it.

The Fabhino forearm smash on Son would’ve been a red card in rugby , never mind football.
    Got to love PGMOL

Must win game for Arsenal against Leeds later today. That result would mean Spurs have to win the North London Derby and like we saw at Anfield last night when a team has to win at all costs the pressure can become overwhelming.

That being said Chelsea are under big pressure for Top 4 and could feasibly end up 5th

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I was thinking this. He would love nothing better. Honestly though Liverpool are not going to do it.
    Your possibly right, but as Greavsie once said, footballs a funny old game. One thing for sure, its going to be a super super Sunday

I mean the absolute nerve of Tottenham knowing they are a weaker team but have their own top 4 race to play for actually decided to play Liverpool away from home with intention not to loose and maybe knick a point or more.

The absolute nerve of it all - don’t they know they are supposed to let Liverpool score 3 before they implement the game plan!!

Best result for my team last night- hopefully we do the business vs Leeds.

Master
    Rangnick when asked which position was good enough ‘keeper’ says it all about United when the only positive is a 38 year old keeper!

De Gea isn’t 38

Master
    Blog Entries
    Spurs had a good game plan and he worked, fair play to them.

League was always a big ask, not over yet though.

Not putting Chelsea away at the start of the season was a big faux pas.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    That would be the dream. Unfortunately I don’t think his team could beat a 10 man City team. Fingers crossed for a miracle though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Are arsenal going to hold on against 10man Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Are arsenal going to hold on against 10man Leeds?
    Yes.

Ridiculous that a game Arsenal should have won 5-1 they almost conceded a last second equaliser. I do worry for us at Newcastle - I'm assuming a defeat at Spurs and even the home 'banker' against Everton is wobbly as they've picked up form.

Ridiculous that a game Arsenal should have won 5-1 they almost conceded a last second equaliser. I do worry for us at Newcastle - I'm assuming a defeat at Spurs and even the home 'banker' against Everton is wobbly as they've picked up form.
    I’d rather be in your position than ours! As you say, though, it’s not over yet.

City bagged a useful couple of goals at the end there

Craftsman
    Arsenal making it emotional again, but at this stage couldn't care less how the pints come! Massive game Thursday now. All the pressure on Spurs to go for the win - not sure if that helps Arsenal given Spurs attacking talent! Should be a cracker of a game.

This tussle for 4th, many have said 'nobody wants 4th place' - but for me it's really added a dimension to the season and brought extra excitement. Put together with the relegation scrap, exceptional standards in race for the title, and European tilts from Leicester and West Ham, it has been a brilliant season of football.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

Yes its deffo theirs now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Arsenal making it emotional again, but at this stage couldn't care less how the pints come! Massive game Thursday now. All the pressure on Spurs to go for the win - not sure if that helps Arsenal given Spurs attacking talent! Should be a cracker of a game.

This tussle for 4th, many have said 'nobody wants 4th place' - but for me it's really added a dimension to the season and brought extra excitement. Put together with the relegation scrap, exceptional standards in race for the title, and European tilts from Leicester and West Ham, it has been a brilliant season of football.

I never worry how the pints come either!

Last edited by xxnick1975; 8th May 2022 at 22:01.

Craftsman
    I never worry how the pints come either!

Hic.. points... Hic... Belch

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am hoping we have secured our points before our trip to Arsenal, we have a terrible record at the Emirates.

Master

Yes having a better goal difference means even in the extremely unlikely event of them losing a game they would still win the league. I think it's safe to assume it's over and Bet Fred should be paying out already.

Was a poor second half, needed a few goals it may also come down to goal difference.

Big match Thursday, hard to call which way it will go, draw suits us just fine. They will beat Burnley and Norwich, Newcastle and Everton and harder matches for us, but with the way the last 2 months have gone who really knows.

City should win the PL now.

TOONil .
    Am I doing this right ?
    Good banter with their fans yesterday . Can’t wait for them to start challenging with all their dirty oil money .

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

Haaland deal done for Man City, what now for Kane?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Haaland deal done for Man City
    Be interesting to see how he gets on in the PL. Not always as easy transition as you’d assume. Admittedly he’s not been in a performing team but Haaland’s former teammate Sancho has struggled to make an impact.

Be interesting to see who leaves city now. Jesus, Sterling?