closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 354 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Triumph Thailand is its own separate company, but it’s wholly owned by Triumph Motorcycle Limited;

All the best for tomorrow mate. As mentioned before, relax, indicators, life savers and remember to do 40 when in a 40 (refer to side street 30mph signs to remind you you're in a 40 as not always easily marked). Hope that makes sense?

Good Luck Tony, remember to pull a wheelie at the start to show some confidence, they always love that.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks very much. Yes, those damned indicators

That's kind, thank you! Not sure about the back yet - my fear is that the hour's ride to the test centre will leave me wishing I was off the bike, but time will tell.
    Remember: on a BMW you don’t have to use them so ask for a different test bike if it worries you
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    All the best for tomorrow mate. As mentioned before, relax, indicators, life savers and remember to do 40 when in a 40 (refer to side street 30mph signs to remind you you're in a 40 as not always easily marked). Hope that makes sense?
    That's an excellent tip, as it happens - thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Good Luck Tony, remember to pull a wheelie at the start to show some confidence, they always love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Remember: on a BMW you don’t have to use them so ask for a different test bike if it worries you
    PMSL

Master
    Good luck for tomorrow Tony. When I did my test I had a plain black Arai and my instructor told me to put the two extra supplied stickers on the back - makes it more obvious to the guy following that you're doing the lifesavers and could make the difference between a pass or fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Triumph Thailand is its own separate company, but it’s wholly owned by Triumph Motorcycle Limited;
    Yep, but the point is that you wouldn't consider an Indian or Guzzi because they aren't British and ended up with a bike made in Thailand.

Good luck for tomorrow Tony. When I did my test I had a plain black Arai and my instructor told me to put the two extra supplied stickers on the back - makes it more obvious to the guy following that you're doing the lifesavers and could make the difference between a pass or fail.
    Thanks very much :)

Yep, but the point is that you wouldn't consider an Indian or Guzzi because they aren't British and ended up with a bike made in Thailand.
    Doesn't make it a Thai bike anymore than a Nissan manufactured in the Uk makes it a British Car.

Master

I never said I didn’t consider them. I said I’d rather buy British, and as far as I’m concerned Triumph is a British company with overseas subsidiary’s.... which is fine by me.

The test is on Thursday but thank you. I think I may have started some kind of motorbike frenzy
    Best of luck for tomorrow and hope you really enjoy the pick up on Friday !

Good luck Tony

Good luck! Remember plenty of shoulder checks and to cancel indicators after each turn!

And don't get lost and ride off round town for 20 minutes like I did (in the pre-radio era)

Craftsman
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    And don't get lost and ride off round town for 20 minutes like I did (in the pre-radio era)
    Haha - I did the same - I had a cancellation so was round a one way system and streets I was unfamiliar with, although my fault for missing a right turn. I did get a talking to about "can only assess what I can see" but happily still passed first time !

Thanks chaps - just got back! A couple of moments, but I passed!!!

Well done mate!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Excellent! Congrats.

Enjoy the new bike tomorrow.

Great news!

Brilliant stuff!

Well done, great feeling, now get your leg over the Triumph and go for a nice long ride

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Haha - I did the same - I had a cancellation so was round a one way system and streets I was unfamiliar with, although my fault for missing a right turn. I did get a talking to about "can only assess what I can see" but happily still passed first time !
    Ditto.

When I did my part 1 the freezing fog was so thick the examiner couldn't see all the course but was good enough to point out that he couldn't so I could do whatever I wanted at that end

Master
    well done that man :)

I had no doubt! Now the learning begins in earnest

Well done T
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Brilliant. I bet you feel like a kid again. Ride safe Tony

Craftsman
    Well done, how did you find it. Please share

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

congrats on passing first time , have fun on the new bike and be safe :)

Master
    Well done

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Excellent news, well done T.

Welcome to the brotherhood, now you can annoy every car driver as you filter through traffic jams!

Forgot to say, show us your bike.

Master

Master
    A Triumph of a day Tony well done

Steve

Master
    Very well done indeed Tony

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Fantastic news!

Well done Tony.
    It's just a matter of time...

Congrats!

Hopefully a month of reasonable weather to get some experience before next ‘season’.

Onwards and upwards

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well done Tony - enjoy your new bike 😀

Craftsman
    Excellent - well done Tony! Do share the war stories.

Craftsman
    Fantastic Tony, well done you 👍🏻. Bet you’re looking forward to tomorrow now 😂

You lot have been amazing, seriously. I've loved having this thread running, so thank you!!

With regard to today, I did pick up a few minors, mostly from a mixture of nerves and back pain. However, the two that stood out were:

1) Failing to overtake a learner (car) driver on a dual carriageway. I did think about it, but missed an opportunity to pull out safely before a line of traffic got too close; after that we were approaching some lights so I decided not to do anything that might be considered imprudent. The examiner said I definitely should have gone for it, though.

2) Going a little too quickly as I went past a bin lorry that was stationary between parked cars on either side of the road. Thinking about it, that one was a fair cop.

The others were just very minor, not helped by the fact that my bad back was hurting me a lot and was proving to be a bit more of a distraction than I'd hoped. Oh, and I was fine with my indicating, which I thought might result in a minor at least as I have a habit of leaving them on that I need to eradicate. Overall, I'm happy with my performance, although I'd have liked a clean sheet really... not that it matters now, right? Looking forward to increasing my knowledge and experience, though, and I'm going to take an advanced course with the training school in the spring.

Anyway, thanks once again for all the fantastic support (hugely appreciated), and I'll post some photos of my new bike tomorrow. I'm collecting it at about 9.30 in the morning. I still can't believe I've done it, less than two months after committing to getting a "proper" bike!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 11th October 2018 at 18:04.

Craftsman
    Dangerous thread this! Did my CBT about 20 years ago with my then girlfriend (now SWMBO). Both passed and I really enjoyed the experience but then she got cold feet and came over all sensible 🙄. Told me that we weren’t going to pursue a life in leather clothing.

Now, I’m turning 50 next month and thanks to this thread I mentioned to SWMBO that for my 50th it would be a great idea for me to follow Tony’s example. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I got ‘The Look’! That’ll be a no then.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMater View Post
    Dangerous thread this! Did my CBT about 20 years ago with my then girlfriend (now SWMBO). Both passed and I really enjoyed the experience but then she got cold feet and came over all sensible . Told me that we weren’t going to pursue a life in leather clothing.

Now, I’m turning 50 next month and thanks to this thread I mentioned to SWMBO that for my 50th it would be a great idea for me to follow Tony’s example. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Master
    Dangerous thread this! Did my CBT about 20 years ago with my then girlfriend (now SWMBO). Both passed and I really enjoyed the experience but then she got cold feet and came over all sensible . Told me that we weren’t going to pursue a life in leather clothing.

Lets sit back for another 784 posts 👍

Good luck with your tests.

Steve

Great news! Very pleased for you - you certainly put the effort in - enjoy your new bike tomorrow !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well done
    it was probably a bit harder than when I passed my test way back when.
    all you had to do was ride around the block and throw in some hand signals.

We’ve had some excellent weather these last days.
    I visited Swindon one day [lots of bike shops on Elgin way] and Stratford the next it was so hot I was in a tee shirt.

I love the last days of sunshine,I will SORN my bike at the end of the month though.
    my purpose built bike garage will be finnished by then so my bike will be secure and out of the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I love the last days of sunshine,I will SORN my bike at the end of the month though.
    my purpose built bike garage will be finnished by then so my bike will be secure and out of the elements.
    I used to SORN mine but for 6 months it didn't seem worth losing October & March plus some nice if chilly days inbetween. I suppose now can pay monthly and SORN on & off but now I ride pretty much all year even if sometimes it is probably stubborness but as a bike rider I hate traffic !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I used to SORN mine but for 6 months it didn't seem worth losing October & March plus some nice if chilly days inbetween. I suppose now can pay monthly and SORN on & off but now I ride pretty much all year even if sometimes it is probably stubborness but as a bike rider I hate traffic !
    I used to ride all year but not now,I only enjoy riding in sunshine plus I hate getting my bike dirty with road salt etc.

I can’t wait for my garage to be finnished it’s my very first [late in life] but it’s being built exactly how I want it.

Nice one pal!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Dangerous thread this! Did my CBT about 20 years ago with my then girlfriend (now SWMBO). Both passed and I really enjoyed the experience but then she got cold feet and came over all sensible
    Sounds like the girlfriend and I, except she drove into a fence twice and they wouldn’t let her on the roads. She a happy pillion so maybe ignorance is bliss!