closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ooni Pro pizza oven Heads-up

Ooni Pro pizza oven Heads-up

On a whim just picked up an Ooni Pro pizza oven at Homebase for £349.

Seemed too good to miss!

Journeyman
    That is a good deal , these are really impressive , we have the smaller one . They are great for parties and can cook a pizza in a minute or so , the only downside is the price of the pellets . I’m tempted to upgrade at this price though , thanks for posting.

I'd be interested to know if this is a nationwide offer. I have the Ooni2 and love it, but would go for the pro version at that price without hesitation. The Pro version isn't even listed on the Homebase website.

Gary

I got the impression it was an end-of-line sale and probably not in every store.

Never seen them in my local store but where I bought mine (Basildon) had 3 together with some of the smaller models.

Master
    Anyone used the gas ooni? Just wondered if it was any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Anyone used the gas ooni? Just wondered if it was any good.
    Are you referring to the Kodi? No - I do however have the gas attachment for my Uuni 3 (or Ooni 3 as they are now called). Wouldnt be without it now - Much more controllable without the pellets (and you can keep loading Pizzas without worrying about topping up the pellets etc.)

Definitely recommend the gas attachment. I did look at the Kodi the other day but it looks smaller (cooking area) so have stuck with the 3 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by neilma View Post
    Are you referring to the Kodi? No - I do however have the gas attachment for my Uuni 3 (or Ooni 3 as they are now called). Wouldnt be without it now - Much more controllable without the pellets (and you can keep loading Pizzas without worrying about topping up the pellets etc.)

Definitely recommend the gas attachment. I did look at the Kodi the other day but it looks smaller (cooking area) so have stuck with the 3 for now.
    Don't you miss 'wood-fired' taste or do you put some wood in as well?

Edit: - Another question - where do people put their ovens so at decent height? In short term don't want to build something.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 5th July 2019 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don't you miss 'wood-fired' taste or do you put some wood in as well?
    Its either or I am afraid. The benefits (ease of lighting/not having to keep pellets dry and topped up etc far outweigh the taste (and lets face it, a fresh home cooked pizza in a pizza oven is far superior (whether gas or wood) to any shop bought or restaurant pizzas - Its really spoilt us having this Uuni - we no longer eat pizza out as it was always disappointing. Its easy enough to convert back (just unscrew the gas attachment and put the hopper back on. Our hopper was taken off and has never been used since :)

Edit: - Another question - where do people put their ovens so at decent height? In short term don't want to build something.
    We have ours on this - Fits perfect and has held up over the winter... https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/klasen-...ned-s29033415/ (However the pro is bigger than the Unni 3 so I am not sure yours will fit this exact model although they have other outdoor trolleys that may suit)

Oh and some more tips:

Get PizzApp for your phone - Takes the hassle out of sorting the measurements for the dough.
    Get some Caputo Blue Flour - Amazon sell a 1KG bag for about £6 - although you can get it for around £1.75 at some online Italian deli/warehouses.

There was a thread on here a while ago about pizza ovens with some npics of Pizza/recipes etc....

Good luck!
    Last edited by neilma; 5th July 2019 at 15:33.

Master

Thanks - We have the uuni 3 so that gas attachment sounds great. Last year the pizzas seemed perfect but this year we’ve had a problem with the pellets and getting it working properly. Have gone back to basics on it but something not quite right. I’ll look into it :-)

Maybe the pellets got damp? I've heard thats an issue with them (they have to be stored in an airtight container) - More hassle - Go with gas :)

We have ours on this - Fits perfect and has held up over the winter... https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/klasen-...ned-s29033415/ (However the pro is bigger than the Unni 3 so I am not sure yours will fit this exact model although they have other outdoor trolleys that may suit)

Oh and some more tips:

Get PizzApp for your phone - Takes the hassle out of sorting the measurements for the dough.
    Get some Caputo Blue Flour - Amazon sell a 1KG bag for about £6 - although you can get it for around £1.75 at some online Italian deli/warehouses.

There was a thread on here a while ago about pizza ovens with some npics of Pizza/recipes etc....

Good luck!
    Thanks, that trolley does look good - I'll take some measurements, oven doesn't get too hot for wooden top?

That other thread made my mind up to buy one TBH!

Master
    Maybe the pellets got damp? I've heard thats an issue with them (they have to be stored in an airtight container) - More hassle - Go with gas :)
    Cheers, that makes sense as it’s the same bag left over from last year. I’ll go gas anyway, less hassle I’d imagine. Do you just buy a gas bottle like used in barbecues? Comes with right attachment I presume?

Thanks, that trolley does look good - I'll take some measurements, oven doesn't get too hot for wooden top?

That other thread made my mind up to buy one TBH!
    Well you said you wanted the wood fired taste :)

No, its been fine to be honest. The oven is on legs so its insulated to a certain degree. I have just looked at the top and no marks whatsoever....

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Cheers, that makes sense as it’s the same bag left over from last year. I’ll go gas anyway, less hassle I’d imagine. Do you just buy a gas bottle like used in barbecues? Comes with right attachment I presume?
    Yup - comes with a Patio Gas regulator (although on all the forums it seems most people had issues with the supplied reg - by all accounts not letting enough gas through to get the oven hot enough. - so like the others, I have replaced mine with a calor one (Amazon for about £7 IIRC). Works perfectly.

In the end, I made a Y hose so I could l power the BBQ and the Unni of the same bottle (and hence only need the one regulator. You can by the Y hose attachments online and a bit of hose and you can then run both from the same bottle without having to change from one to the other.

And yes, if its the bag from last year, I would imagine they have gotten damp and thats the issue.

I've got 11 people round tonight for pizza - Thats my largest audience yet :) Dough has been proving since Wednesday - Fingers crossed ;)

Master
    Yup - comes with a Patio Gas regulator (although on all the forums it seems most people had issues with the supplied reg - by all accounts not letting enough gas through to get the oven hot enough. - so like the others, I have replaced mine with a calor one (Amazon for about £7 IIRC). Works perfectly.

In the end, I made a Y hose so I could l power the BBQ and the Unni of the same bottle (and hence only need the one regulator. You can by the Y hose attachments online and a bit of hose and you can then run both from the same bottle without having to change from one to the other.

And yes, if its the bag from last year, I would imagine they have gotten damp and thats the issue.

I've got 11 people round tonight for pizza - Thats my largest audience yet :) Dough has been proving since Wednesday - Fingers crossed ;)
    Thanks Neil for all the info :-)

Master
    Picked the gas attachment up for my S2 - not used it yet until I get in my new house
    I do have the larger hopper for my S2 but wanted the ease of gas - can’t wait to try it
    I keep looking c
    Locally hoping to find a small stainless catering trolly - would be perfect
    Last edited by lewie; 5th July 2019 at 21:21.

Craftsman

Oh and some more tips:

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice, I take it this trolley will fit an Unni 2 like it does the Unni 3?

A wooden top is fine, we’ve got ours on an Ikea one too. They are great bits of kit, so easy to light, and no cleaning so gets used a lot!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    I'd be interested to know if this is a nationwide offer. I have the Ooni2 and love it, but would go for the pro version at that price without hesitation. The Pro version isn't even listed on the Homebase website.

Gary
    It’s nationwide. Not all stores stock them but if they stock the smaller one then the chances are they will stock the larger one.

Master
    There are a couple in my local - boxes are massive