closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two new Luminor PAMS - 1313 and 1314

Banned
    Blog Entries

Two new Luminor PAMS - 1313 and 1314

Just noticed these have been announced today. Back to basics 44mm, without faux lume - it is white or grey instead. I think the white dial 1314 is quite fetching. Would look great on an olive green accordion rubber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Wow - I really like the white sandwich dial model too. I hope they release a 42mm version using the same dial design (maybe without a date :) ).

It might have been nice to have a bolder background color - maybe navy blue?

simon

Master
    The white dial is lovely. The olive(?) colour strap really suits it. I don’t even mind the crown guard now, though the dial would look more balanced without the date. I think I’m finally beginning to “get” Panerai.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    The white dial is lovely. The olive(?) colour strap really suits it. I don’t even mind the crown guard now, though the dial would look more balanced without the date. I think I’m finally beginning to “get” Panerai.
    I have only just reacquainted myself with the brand, after previous ownership several years back (long since sold) and then (wrongly) thinking of them as a fad. I am really enjoying their variety and sheer sense of fun - the 1314 will be my third acquisition since lockdown began! (Must find out the price, €7,700 I understand, so circa £6,600 I would imagine).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I have only just reacquainted myself with the brand, after previous ownership several years back (long since sold) and then (wrongly) thinking of them as a fad. I am really enjoying their variety and sheer sense of fun - the 1314 will be my third acquisition since lockdown began! (Must find out the price, €7,700 I understand, so circa £6,600 I would imagine).
    My knowledge of the brand is superficial at best, but my three favourites are the 512 (in part because of the pictures LTF posts of his) and the 655. I know there was a 655 on SC a while ago and the white dial was gorgeous. My third would be the new 1314. I look forward to seeing your eventual incoming post.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    My knowledge of the brand is superficial at best, but my three favourites are the 512 (in part because of the pictures LTF posts of his) and the 655. I know there was a 655 on SC a while ago and the white dial was gorgeous. My third would be the new 1314. I look forward to seeing your eventual incoming post.
    The 655 was mine. It's one of those watches that I kick myself for selling. Striking design, great size (for me), super legible dial, lovely micro-rotor movement, and no blooming' date!

simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    The 655 was mine. It's one of those watches that I kick myself for selling. Striking design, great size (for me), super legible dial, lovely micro-rotor movement, and no blooming' date!

simon
    You should kick yourself! If you’re going to have just one Panerai, the 655 would be as good as any. I remember doing some sums at the time it was listed, wondering if I could flog a watch or two, to make it a possibility.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    1313 now on Panerai site at £6,800, limited availability.

Master
    wow these are nice

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow - I really like the white sandwich dial model too. I hope they release a 42mm version using the same dial design (maybe without a date :) ).

It might have been nice to have a bolder background color - maybe navy blue?

simon
    You’ll be liking the 42mm 1394 then, has a date though!

So a completely different watch then?

They're both lovely but it's the blue all day for me.

It might have been nice to have a bolder background colour - maybe navy blue?

simon

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They both come with additional “Officine Panerai” rubber straps, blue and green respectively.

I really like the look of these.

I know very little about Panerai, although I started doing a little research off the back of the stunning photos Nono occasionally posts. It feels like a brand I really should take seriously but I need to actually try a few on. I have a tiny, 6.25”, wrist so wonder if there’s anything that would work for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s blue 1313 is lovely. Be interesting to see if they do release a 42mm version. (Visually I find them more balanced than sub seconds with 9). Strange they’ve decided to have a solid case back now, rather than display as previously.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    That’s blue 1313 is lovely. Be interesting to see if they do release a 42mm version. (Visually I find them more balanced than sub seconds with 9). Strange they’ve decided to have a solid case back now, rather than display as previously.

That’ll be the 1393.

Blue is fab. You speculating that they will do a 42mm ? That would be worth waiting for

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Blue is fab. You speculating that they will do a 42mm ? That would be worth waiting for

No, 42mm here late summer or early autumn, refs 1393 (blue) and 1394 (white).

Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    I have a tiny, 6.25”, wrist so wonder if there’s anything that would work for me?
    You might be pleasantly surprised, 42mm PAMs wear really well on slim wrists. Try some on when you get a chance particularly the "Due" range, the cases are slimmer.

No, 42mm here late summer or early autumn, refs 1393 (blue) and 1394 (white).
    Thanks. That might tempt me to try another PAM. Must be over 10 years since I had one

Both very nice indeed. I say it repeatedly but Panerai make beautiful watches, and if I’ve influenced anyone to share that view then I’m a happy bunny

Master
    A big thumbs up for this comment. I have sub-6½" wrists and I've enjoyed lots of 42mm Panerai models - subs, Due, and 1950 Luminors. Loved them all :)

simon

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You might be pleasantly surprised, 42mm PAMs wear really well on slim wrists. Try some on when you get a chance particularly the "Due" range, the cases are slimmer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Both very nice indeed. I say it repeatedly but Panerai make beautiful watches, and if I’ve influenced anyone to share that view then I’m a happy bunny
    Always loved them, but being cursed with a small wrist I've not found one yet that looks "right". Either they seem massive or the smaller models fit but just don't look right. I was a whisker away from a 619 at one point.

Won't stop me trying them on though :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You put me right!

Journeyman
    Funnily enough I was just looking at the 1028 before I saw this. I do love the look of the bracelet, but that faux patina isn't for me. This blue model does look great.

Why the solid case back though? Initially, I thought it was surely owing to a Richemont movement, but no, it's the in-house 9010. Is it simply cost cutting by Panerai? Are they cutting back on their finishing again? Or is it something else? I remember hearing stories of water ingress around the time they abruptly swapped out case backs early in 684 lifespan. But I don't think that makes sense, as there were plenty other models unaffected.

I appreciate Panerai, although have yet to own one.

The blue is very attractive although I think less is often more with them, so manual, simple dial with no date, black or tobacco rather than coloured or sunburst, and no faux-tina.

It would be nice to see sandwich dials make a comeback on the 8 day manuals, as without that they lose something, and it feels like a bit like cost cutting, or increasing margins.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blue for me.

Had a 590, great watch. Quite happily have another PAM.

monochrome have a write up - https://monochrome-watches.com/paner...13-news-price/

Interestingly there is a solid caseback. Aren't these usually with a sapphire back?

Also, something I've mentioned before - I add a word of caution with the 44mm 1950s case. I find them seriously uncomfortable. The standard Luminor wears much better in 44mm.

No issues with the 1950s case in 47mm (I cannot comment on the 42mm models), so I'd definitely say one to try one before buying.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    monochrome have a write up - https://monochrome-watches.com/paner...13-news-price/

Interestingly there is a solid caseback. Aren't these usually with a sapphire back?

Also, something I've mentioned before - I add a word of caution with the 44mm 1950s case. I find them seriously uncomfortable. The standard Luminor wears much better in 44mm.

No issues with the 1950s case in 47mm (I cannot comment on the 42mm models), so I'd definitely say one to try one before buying.
    That used to be the case the but the newer 1950s are abit thinner and resculpted due to the newer movements that are also thinner.

I think the lack of sapphire is just a cost cutting excersize which I find abit of a shame.

Craftsman
    Really like both of these although I still wish they’d lose the automatic on the dial. Would also prefer a sapphire case back but neither of these would be a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    That used to be the case the but the newer 1950s are abit thinner and resculpted due to the newer movements that are also thinner.

I think the lack of sapphire is just a cost cutting excersize which I find abit of a shame.
    On cost cutting - a shame because these are not cheap watches at like 7k!!!

Good to hear on the wearability. I must check them out next time.

Master
    oooooo! really like the blue.

Question

Liking the 1313 and I’m a sucker for Blue dials.

Anyone know the scoop on the “limited availability” please?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Liking the 1313 and I’m a sucker for Blue dials.

Anyone know the scoop on the “limited availability” please?
    I think these are regular models, so hopefully the limited just refers to initial availability. I read somewhere Panerai are at only 25% production capacity after C19.

A big thumbs up for this comment. I have sub-6½" wrists and I've enjoyed lots of 42mm Panerai models - subs, Due, and 1950 Luminors. Loved them all :)

simon
    I'm on my third 42mm but they've all been Radiomirs/1940s; however, my impression is that - on a 42mm Luminor - the crown guard is the same size as used on the 44mm cases. Would that be right?

Master
    I'm on my third 42mm but they've all been Radiomirs/1940s; however, my impression is that - on a 42mm Luminor - the crown guard is the same size as used on the 44mm cases. Would that be right?
    I'm not 100% sure, but looking at this picture (taken from https://www.fratellowatches.com/pane...uminor-marina/), they don't look the same size on these two Dues:

simon

I'm not 100% sure, but looking at this picture (taken from https://www.fratellowatches.com/pane...uminor-marina/), they don't look the same size on these two Dues:

simon
    No they don't. Thanks, Simon.

Master
    Another +1 for that blue dial.... lovely

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post

have you tried the newer cases (i.e. the models with a 1 prefix, 1312 v 312)

Master
    if these are permanent models which monochrome suggests they are id imagine waiting 3 months or so will see these at 20-25% off on chrono24

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    if these are permanent models which monochrome suggests they are id imagine waiting 3 months or so will see these at 20-25% off on chrono24
    No need to wait that long.;)

Master
    You can get 25% off? Both colours?

Master
    presume the boutique wont discount..?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    presume the boutique wont discount..?
    Indeed no discount, but they will have stock earlier than independents. E-boutique has advised me delivery next month for the white dial. AD says more like late August/early September. Personally, I shall wait and take the
    discount.

have you tried the newer cases (i.e. the models with a 1 prefix, 1312 v 312)
    No, something I definitely need to try soon. As Kaiserphoenix said above, the newer cases are a bit thinner and a bit more sculptured so I'm hopeful. I'm still annoyed about he lack of display back. But other than that, these do look rather dashing!

Master
    So, for example, is the 1305 case slimmer than the 305?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    I really need to get to the panerai boutique and try a few on as I'm thinking about a fiddy for my fiddy-eth. Still a few years off, but I work that way, researching and looking at lots of options before I settle. With 6.5" wrists or just over a 44mm may be the max I can do but I'd love a 47mm if I can wear it. If not, then this blue version Pam has to be an option.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    So, for example, is the 1305 case slimmer than the 305?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    looks like 16mm v 17.5mm

I really like that white dial. I’ve never understood why the white dialled PAM aren’t so popular. I think they look really great. Maybe it’s the sheer scale of the amount of white!

Apparently fauxtina is going to be curbed a bit going forward, thats why the we don't see it here. I'm still in the middle of it, but a decent interview with the CEO of Panerai
    https://monochrome-watches.com/jean-...d-experiences/

I think I've found the alternative to the white Milgauss I'm looking for. Love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk