closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA - Free Money

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    Did they adjust the customs fee or did you only pay £20. Looks lovely I'm expecting the black too, what's the box etc.. like. The Kurono seems to have a more high end feel to the overall package. But I do really like the honeycomb dial on this and don't have a two hander.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I paid £48 with no adjustment. £11 of that was Fedex fees. No idea why this happened

Ryan what was your invoice number from Massena? It's just i haven't even received a shipping email yet, starting to get a little twitchy...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Ryan what was your invoice number from Massena? It's just i haven't even received a shipping email yet, starting to get a little twitchy...
    Will PM you

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I'd agree with that. I'd also take a better "head on" shot as the hands look odd - minute hand past 12, hour hand shy of 11.
    Yes, thats a real design flaw with having the numbers printed on the sapphire as opposed to below the hands. Looks wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ok so for the £2.2k I paid for it it is nice. However I am acutely aware that it could be traded like for like for a BP 50 Fathoms or something like that. So question is would I rather have this or a 50 Fathoms if the price was identical?
    Sorry did you say a 2k watch could be traded for a 12k Blancpain?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Sorry did you say a 2k watch could be traded for a 12k Blancpain?
    If you have the honey dial seemingly it could be traded for a Patek! But the black dial probably for the Blancpain discounted to street price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you have the honey dial seemingly it could be traded for a Patek! But the black dial probably for the Blancpain discounted to street price.

The world has gone crazy - good luck to anyone that got one!

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The world has gone crazy - good luck to anyone that got one!
    Well that may be just 1 deal and from some rich guy who had to have one at all costs. Suspect things will settle far lower. I'll probably stick mine on ebay and see what it settles at - I guess that will dictate the true market value and if I start at £0.01 then isn't really scalping as it could end up below RRP in theory

Craftsman
    Just had an email in transit delivery due tomorrow.

Just had an email in transit delivery due tomorrow.

Great! Enjoy!

https://www.chrono24.com/all/ming-mi...id20333922.htm

https://www.chrono24.com/all/ming-x-...id20318932.htm

Well there's the start of it, some nice early profiteering. It'll be interesting to see how long they hang around for.

Well there's the start of it, some nice early profiteering. It'll be interesting to see how long they hang around for.
    All the better for Ming he is clearly playing into this hype I see no reason for his limited edition 15 minutes to buy other than to hype up the feeding frenzy. Good luck to anyone cashing in, I don’t see anyone losing any sleep over “Getting put on the barred list”. Having just made a several grand profit. Only problem is if you are selling to the rich guy who just wants one because he can there can be only so long before he gets bored and moves on to something else and he is left with a non existent customer base.

Will be interested to see if it sells.

Will be interested to see if it sells.
    The UK one is reserved. That’s £6077 net of fees.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    The UK one is reserved. That’s £6077 net of fees.

D

He's had worse days....

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is bonkers. Why is this model so high? Can't see me holding onto mine. Might as well trade for a highly inflated Rolex!

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    This is bonkers. Why is this model so high? Can't see me holding onto mine. Might as well trade for a highly inflated Rolex!
    I think the scarcity. It was lottery only, there are 150 of the black but only 50 of the Honey dial. Honey Dial is going to be selling for 5 figures easily.

I'll be sticking my black dial on ebay later

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the scarcity. It was lottery only, there are 150 of the black but only 50 of the Honey dial. Honey Dial is going to be selling for 5 figures easily.

But the market for these will be so small. I have a 17.01 ehich is about £3k. I bought this to keep as I rarely see watches in anything other than black, white , blue or green I like. But if it is £10k then it has to go.

How many do they usually release. I don't think the number is all that limited.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 29th July 2021 at 19:01.

Some better pics I took

I don't blame you Ryan, I know nothing about the brand but it doesn't appeal to me at all. If I didn't know I would think its a fashion brand costing a few hundred at most.

No offence to anyone that owns one.

I don't blame you Ryan, I know nothing about the brand but it doesn't appeal to me at all. If I didn't know I would think its a fashion brand costing a few hundred at most.

Same here, if I saw that out in the wild, I would think wow someone got carried away with the ideal world shopping channel at 02:00 in the morning having had a few too many sherbets.
    Not for my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

No offence taken - when I created this thread I did so to flag that an opportunity to make money was there for those lucky enough to get one. Ironically I managed to get one. I don't like it enough to keep it and I've listed it on ebay at 0.01 start bid so as not to fall foul of Ming's scalping policies.

No offence taken - when I created this thread I did so to flag that an opportunity to make money was there for those lucky enough to get one. Ironically I managed to get one. I don't like it enough to keep it and I've listed it on ebay at 0.01 start bid so as not to fall foul of Ming's scalping policies.

Looks like its already attracted bids and over £1100!

Looks like its already attracted bids and over £1100!
    Yep in 10 mins lol

Yep in 10 mins lol

Crazy stuff its now over 1.5k!!!

Best of luck maybe 5 figures...

Very much an Emperor’s new clothes brand.

Perhaps I am being a bit harsh, so let’s say RRP fine for some of them, but paying over RRP…..

Master
    Blog Entries
    How would ming know you are the seller?

Very much a symptom of ultra lose monetary policy and money printing, where there is a rush to assets, in effect to short your devalued local currency.

In a few years we will look at the Ming watches, now selling for £400, and say do you remember those fugly watches when they where selling for 10 grand.

It feels normal now, but we will be astonished in a few years time. Until then, make hay.

At least Rolex look nice…….

Good luck to you Ryan, if someone out there wants to pay silly money thats their choice.

Interesting reading some of the comments about the watch though, when Ming brought out his dive watch I thought it looked like something Steinhart would have designed and a few were a bit offended by it. It still does, not terrible but if people are willing to pay this kind of money fair play to those cashing in.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who got the Honey heard about shipping yet. Still waiting for confirmation on mine.

100% don't understand this at all. Watch looks awful. Surely a triumph of style over substance?

Congrats to Ryan on getting one and good luck to you. I hope you make a fortune on it. It is well deserved considering all the great favors and deals you have facilitated for so many members here.

If it had been me, I would have flipped it while it’s value was solid too.

I don’t think it looks awful at all, it’s certainly highly original, and that counts for a lot. At £1200 it would be pretty fair value, and for a contemporary, urban, smart casual watch I would consider it.

Who knows what these, and the other buy in a short time window Instagram favourites (Kurono) will be worth 10 years from now. I have a terrible track record for prediction, but I can’t see them holding these valuations in the long term.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Anyone who got the Honey heard about shipping yet. Still waiting for confirmation on mine.
    No, I don't know what is going on with the way they're shipping these out. I emailed earlier, got a reassuring reply but still no shipping info. It seems odd to send last the first ones to be sold.

Watch is faulty lol. The hours don't line up. I'm not the only one who has had this issue - seems to be a general fault. Back to Ming it goes

Watch is faulty lol. The hours don't line up. I'm not the only one who has had this issue - seems to be a general fault. Back to Ming it goes
    Sounds like a headache and one of the risks of purchasing from international microbrands.

Well it does say 'independent hours' on the back...

Unless it's the OP's, there's another one on Chrono24 that has a similar problem by the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post

Unless it's the OP's, there's another one on Chrono24 that has a similar problem by the look of it.
    Looks like it, but really hard to tell for sure when the numbers are printed on the crystal and the hands behind them.

I've not come across them before, I am fairly new to the game.
    I like the design but the lack of a second hand makes it a non starter for me.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It isn't mine so must be a recurring issue. Some more on Instagram too. How that passed QC I don't know.

Gutted I didn't get one. I actually like them and wanted to wear one!

Fait play to those flipping them though, nothing wrong with making money off hype.

It’s just really difficult to tell on a lot of photos whether it’s parallax or misalignment of hands…

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Looks like it, but really hard to tell for sure when the numbers are printed on the crystal and the hands behind them.
    It's most obvious in the shots showing the time at 2:20. Even allowing for potential parallax issues, surely that hour hand's nowhere near where it should be.

It's most obvious in the shots showing the time at 2:20. Even allowing for potential parallax issues, surely that hour hand's nowhere near where it should be.
    Sorry - I've missed the 2.20 shots...where are they? Earlier in this thread there were 4.10 shots?

The hand alignment looks well off on the 11 o'clock photos Ryan showed in the plastic.

Yeah it happens every 3 hours if that makes sense when using the quick adjust. The one on C24 if you scroll to other pics the seller took you can clearly see it is off. Suspect they may all be like this!

Hopefully we don't get fobbed off with a Breitling/Seiko-style 'within tolerances' response. Breitling are notorious for this re misaligned hands on their quartz pieces (good luck getting one that hits the indices) and Seiko with their misaligned indices and bezels

Yeah it happens every 3 hours if that makes sense when using the quick adjust. The one on C24 if you scroll to other pics the seller took you can clearly see it is off. Suspect they may all be like this!

Hopefully we don't get fobbed off with a Breitling/Seiko-style 'within tolerances' response. Breitling are notorious for this re misaligned hands on their quartz pieces (good luck getting one that hits the indices) and Seiko with their misaligned indices and bezels
    Good luck - I suspect with all the focus on the brand they will sort this out.

Craftsman
    Mine arrived. Ryan is yours constantly out of alignment or just at specific times.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Sorry - I've missed the 2.20 shots...where are they? Earlier in this thread there were 4.10 shots?

The hand alignment looks well off on the 11 o'clock photos Ryan showed in the plastic.
    From the Chrono24 listing:

From the Chrono24 listing:
    Ah yes...looks off to me too, even if you consider parallax.

Specific times. Try independently adjusting the hours, on mine every third hour jump or so it goes awry.
    Mine arrived. Ryan is yours constantly out of alignment or just at specific times.

Not my thing but if someone wants to buy it at inflated prices, more power to them. My feeling though is the demand and price are unlikely to sustain in the long run. I could easily be wrong but I don’t think so.
    My feeling is that if you have been lucky enough to secure one, you should sell while the market is hot. If you like it enough, you will be able to buy one back in a while at a much lower price.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 30th July 2021 at 14:49.