closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Collected Man

A Collected Man

This is not going to be a moan about prices. They are a dealer and have some exceptional watches come their way and I really enjoy looking at some of the pieces they have. I’ve bought one of their straps and it’s excellent quality and the service was great and had a good chat with a really knowledgeable guy, so power to them. What does get my goat though is I see a new post on Instagram and think I’ll check back on their website and see it’s price and it’s already sold!

How does this happen?
    Do the great unwashed not even get a lookin these days at rare pieces?
    Are there any other alternative sites anyone can recommend for interesting and rarer watches?

I’ll keep checking back as their photography is great and it’s interesting reading and eye candy but it would be nice to play at a fantasy purchase once in a while.
    Little moan over

So a few things on A Collected Man - they do a lot of commission/searching for clients, I believe they list them up as well. If a piece is 'reserved', click on the piece and you can still see the price - which gets removed when its actually sold. Why they do this I have no idea. Quite a few watches do get listed, but can go quite quickly. Desirability seems to be a bigger driving factor rather than price.

Does anyone have any other dealers they use or would recommend for interesting pieces?

Craftsman
    There are a few pieces they've listed just to show off, the Daniels watches come to mind.

I remember reading a thread (on here I think) where the poster had spotted a few European auction houses selling the watches for them to pop up on ACM a few days later with a nice mark up.

Master
    Are these the same guys who were accused of hoovering up every s/h FP Journe available then a year or so later once they'd cornered the market listed them all on the website at vastly increased prices, or was that someone else?
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 25th April 2021 at 00:17.

One of my biggest regrets was not buying a box set of the 3 rerelease heritage Grand Seikos of their first 3 watches (one was the SBGR095, plus the other 2 models that came out before). All rare as hen's teeth and the box set was £11k. I ended up paying £5k just for the SBGR095 a year later and the other 2 models would fetch more for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's the nature of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Are these the same guys who were accused of hoovering up every s/h FP Journe available then a year or so later once they'd cornered the market listed them all on the website at vastly increased prices, or was that someone else?
    It was Watchbox who was hoovering up all the stock I believe, although pretty much all FPJ’s on the secondary market are all being sold by a select few delears, it seems so they’re all complict to an extent.

I've dealt with A Collected Man a few times, and always found Silas very easy and fair to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    It was Watchbox who was hoovering up all the stock I believe, although pretty much all FPJ’s on the secondary market are all being sold by a select few delears, it seems so they’re all complict to an extent.
    I wish I’d bought one when I had a chance. They’re all about 4-6 times the price they were fetching about 3 years back.
    Fair play to ACM, they know their market and source some fantastic pieces; it’s just a shame that ‘everything’ these days seems to be snapped up so quickly

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    I wish I’d bought one when I had a chance. They’re all about 4-6 times the price they were fetching about 3 years back.
    Fair play to ACM, they know their market and source some fantastic pieces; it’s just a shame that ‘everything’ these days seems to be snapped up so quickly
    Agreed. We dont get a sniff

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk