closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 114 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,700 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Journeyman
    Only a BMW 640D at moment, hoping that changes over the next couple of weeks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    You won't be taking that to Tesco will you!

Just working on speccing the replacement for my M2. This is where I am at so far.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLI6RY16
    I thought 718s had a huge waiting list? Well done if you've secured a build slot.

Two of my favorite toys for big boys:)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    I thought 718s had a huge waiting list? Well done if you've secured a build slot.
    Nah, basic to order stuff now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Two of my favorite toys for big boys:)

Nice bracelet.

Which one?
    The colored one is a memory bracelet from Thailand but the others one has a interesting story :
    The faux-leather one was initially a bracelet against mosquitos (impregnated with some lemongrass extract)and supposed to be worn like 48 hours :)
    I liked it so much so is still with me for more than 9months and still looking great :)

Still in my CR-Z although it will probably be changed this year, need something a tad more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    The colored one is a memory bracelet from Thailand
    Do you remember why you wear it?

I think he may have been ribbing you, but don't worry about it. If man bangles are good enough for Jeremy Clarkson, they're good enough for me. What model/engine Mustang is it?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Do you remember why you wear it?

I think he may have been ribbing you, but don't worry about it. If man bangles are good enough for Jeremy Clarkson, they're good enough for me. What model/engine Mustang is it?
    Hahahha....just realised now....might look like but not a rainbow bracelet.....
    It is something picked by my wife (she is a woman by the way :) )
    The Mustang is a 2014 with the 3.7 V6

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    Will have had this lovely thing for five years in a couple of months. For the last couple of years Ive thought about chopping it in and test driven quite a few alternatives, but cant quite make myself get rid.

Still so much fun to drive and still feels special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lovely! Its the only car i have kept for 5 years! Longest ever car ownership, for the price there isnt much to beat in my humble opinion.

RR Velar in HSE trim. Lovely interior but the petrol engine is an absolute w@nker of an engine for fuel economy. The Missus averages 11.9 MPG on the school run.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    RR Velar in HSE trim. Lovely interior but the petrol engine is an absolute w@nker of an engine for fuel economy. The Missus averages 11.9 MPG on the school run.....

How do you get on with the touch screen controls for most everything? Interested because it put me off buying one.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    How do you get on with the touch screen controls for most everything? Interested because it put me off buying one.
    It is very intuitive and looks cool. However some functions are distracting when driving as you use the console to your left and need to take eyes off the road.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Velar is a beautiful car and we very nearly ordered one but as all RR the fuel economy is shite. My Disco 4 round town driving very sedately averaged 18 at best

Craftsman
    My diesel 240 is doing 38 at the moment and has been known to average over 41...

I do do an awful lot of motorway mileage tho

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It is very intuitive and looks cool. However some functions are distracting when driving as you use the console to your left and need to take eyes off the road.
    I experience the same thing in my Golf. You can operate a physical switch by touch, but you have to look at a touch screen. I think they're as dangerous as using a mobile phone.

Master
    Just about to take delivery of a 1.5T VW Golf.

Wanted electric, but couldn't get one before my current lease runs out.

Went for Atlantic Blue, which I think looks great.

Probably not the most glamorous whip in this thread, but does everything we need it to.

Stock photo:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Still in my CR-Z although it will probably be changed this year, need something a tad more practical.
    How has it been terms of reliability / practicality - any issues?

Master
    Look at you lot and your flash fancy cars. There's definitely not enough Volvos on here!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Look at you lot and your flash fancy cars. There's definitely not enough Volvos on here!

Careful with that talk Ben, or I'll have to post photos of my 2008 XC90 💪🏻
    Living the dream right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Careful with that talk Ben, or I'll have to post photos of my 2008 XC90 💪🏻
    Living the dream right here.
    This old girl takes us down to Barcelona and on to Mallorca every two years or so.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Looks good in that colour.

Journeyman
    Some lovely motors around, I pick my F10 M5 up in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get a petrol back

Craftsman

Is that the P250 or the P300?

The car that I wanted to drive into the ground, because it was that good, didnt last. Never got to the bottom of the problem but think it was something ECU related

And then the weekend toy went too....

To be replaced with

And this

I like em low

Good to see some proper cars on here. None of that namby pamby fancy stuff.

Ive got a 58 plate V70 in exactly the same colour. I think its called metallic glacier blue. Ill put a couple of photos up soon so folk can continue the drooling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyguitar View Post
    The car that I wanted to drive into the ground, because it was that good, didnt last. Never got to the bottom of the problem but think it was something ECU related

And then the weekend toy went too....

To be replaced with

And this

I like em low
    Still love the shape of the mk2 golf. Great looking cars.

Craftsman
    I've never been one to keep a very clean car, but the new motor has given me some motivation to do better. I made the most of the sunshine yesterday to give her a wash, the colour looks lovely in the winter sun. First impressions after a couple of months, it's still the perfect combination of eco-conscious(ish) family wagon for the week, and bit of a hooligan when you're by yourself on a country lane. I've also gained new respect for throttle control, managing to lose the backend quite easily turning into a minor road but luckily didn't bash into anything. The 4 year old in the back enjoyed it anyway, more so than me!

Master
    R-design really suits the estates I think, lovely.

2013 Volvo V40 Cross Country here. I bought it mainly as something safe for the wife to drive on her long commute, it is a lovely put together thing. However, I didn't think things through and as my commute is much shorter I am lumbered with her 2007 Toyota Aygo!!!

Considering a Lexus or another Volvo. Spare me the Alan Partridge comments!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wicheda View Post
    I've never been one to keep a very clean car, but the new motor has given me some motivation to do better. I made the most of the sunshine yesterday to give her a wash, the colour looks lovely in the winter sun. First impressions after a couple of months, it's still the perfect combination of eco-conscious(ish) family wagon for the week, and bit of a hooligan when you're by yourself on a country lane. I've also gained new respect for throttle control, managing to lose the backend quite easily turning into a minor road but luckily didn't bash into anything. The 4 year old in the back enjoyed it anyway, more so than me!
    Here is mine, very similar looking! I've had this since 2016 and it's the longest I've kept any car, I just like it so much. I've still got a new car coming in March, as the current one has soon done 100000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by wicheda View Post
    What tyres do you have? Ive had a few brown trouser moments too, had Continental SP5 on the back but have since changed then to Michelin PS4s tyres all round which are much better.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Here is mine, very similar looking! I've had this since 2016 and it's the longest I've kept any car, I just like it so much. I've still got a new car coming in March, as the current one has soon done 100000 miles.

Very nice colour, and yes it does have an addictive quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    What tyres do you have? Ive had a few brown trouser moments too, had Continental SP5 on the back but have since changed then to Michelin PS4s tyres all round which are much better.
    Good point, I need to check out the tyres and potentially get them swapped out at some point.

Master
    Blog Entries
    K183 so might need to change in 5 years or so...

Master
    With the wifes Boxster getting a service today, she came home with a Cayenne coupe S. Wow, what a car, really impressed with its ability to drive & handle as it does given the size.

So much more confidence inspiring than my M4 CP, was able to really make progress on the wet roads & no hint of TC coming on. Similar to my wifes car, almost able to push it hard without it scaring the bejesus out of me like the BMW does, and the quality difference, wow.

M4 is a weekend toy, so also considering a 911 or a less practical caterham. Challenge being if I went caterham that the most practical car is the Boxster as my station car is a 453 Smart.

Only negative after my driving of the Cayenne was the 18mpg and the fact the brakes despite being visually huge, do give an idea as to the weight of the car when its not slowing as fast as you want.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    With the wifes Boxster getting a service today, she came home with a Cayenne coupe S. Wow, what a car, really impressed with its ability to drive & handle as it does given the size.

So much more confidence inspiring than my M4 CP, was able to really make progress on the wet roads & no hint of TC coming on. Similar to my wifes car, almost able to push it hard without it scaring the bejesus out of me like the BMW does, and the quality difference, wow.

M4 is a weekend toy, so also considering a 911 or a less practical caterham. Challenge being if I went caterham that the most practical car is the Boxster as my station car is a 453 Smart.

Only negative after my driving of the Cayenne was the 18mpg and the fact the brakes despite being visually huge, do give an idea as to the weight of the car when its not slowing as fast as you want.

These make a great weekend toy, better in the warmer months though

Here's my 'Glacier Blue' V70 R-Design on a 58 plate. it doesn't get as much TLC as yours by the look of it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
    These make a great weekend toy, better in the warmer months though
    Thats the other car she has banned me from getting!! I have loved these from the first photo I saw of them many years ago!!

Journeyman
    I'm looking at a Metallic Silverstone M4 too. What particularly do you like about them? I'm in Stoke Poges.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadweller75 View Post
    Lovely! Its the only car i have kept for 5 years! Longest ever car ownership, for the price there isnt much to beat in my humble opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Here's my 'Glacier Blue' V70 R-Design on a 58 plate. it doesn't get as much TLC as yours by the look of it.

I think that is more to do with the previous owner. I bought it last August and despite it being 10 years old at the time it had only done 23,000 miles!

Here's my first attempt at snow foam on the fleet!

Well, the Macan has had a few niggles and is currently back with the OPC for the third time, I'm hopeful it'll be the last for a while.
    First courtesy car was a new Macan S 3.0, which was very nice indeed although not sure about white.

Second was a new Cayman 718 S with the 2.0 engine. Nice car apart from that 'gruff' engine. Didn't get to drive this one very far unfortunately.

And today's courtesy car is a Boxster 718 T, same comment about that engine though. Red roof is actually growing on me. Hope I can give it a bit of a run over the next few days.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Thats the other car she has banned me from getting!! I have loved these from the first photo I saw of them many years ago!!

I'm an M fan too, had this one 5 years, but had to swap the suspensionnfor decent coilers and add a tune too

I think that is more to do with the previous owner. I bought it last August and despite it being 10 years old at the time it had only done 23,000 miles!
    And I thought mine had low mileage at 61k miles at 11 years.

Craftsman
    Bought this a fortnight ago. Three owners, fourteen years old and 41k miles, V8 5.4 in a small roadster, what a sound! Been after a good one for a while.

Thats fantastic Billy, how unhinged is it to drive? Supercharged? Mental!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Thats fantastic Billy, how unhinged is it to drive? Supercharged? Mental!
    Not supercharged, NA. First 30 miles driven I averaged 31mpg! Second 30 driven I got 18mpg but so worth it! I've only been out in the dry once. Light throttle and it is really docile and purrs along, boot it and it squirms and takes off like a scalded cat. Just getting used to the performance, but first impressions are it is phenomenal. Especially near the red line at WOT, it just goes and goes.

55's are quite rare in Cubanite silver, it's a colour that divides opinion but I love it. It sort of flips from light grey to steel grey to light champagne gold depending on the light. Never really considered it until I seen it in the flesh so to speak.

I have just been looking at them on eBay afer I saw your first post. Great value for money but auto only. Hows the handling? The purr of the V8 would be lovely and I have never owned a cab but the handling would be the critical factor for me, the auto I could probably live with.

Enjoy it, must be a hell of a buzz.

Big fan of the slk55 , brother had the slk32.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I have just been looking at them on eBay afer I saw your first post. Great value for money but auto only. Hows the handling? The purr of the V8 would be lovely and I have never owned a cab but the handling would be the critical factor for me, the auto I could probably live with.

Enjoy it, must be a hell of a buzz.
    It rides quite firmly, handling and roadholding are both comfortable GT spec rather than Boxster spec, and that is exactly what I was looking for. Done all that when I was younger. Gearbox is auto seven speed (with flappy paddles that I've used once), I'm lazy and usually drive with one hand and one foot. Not the fastest gearbox, ie a dsg/pdk would leave it for dead. But that's not the point of this car, imho it is a small GT and it is very good at being that.

Clarkson done a 55 v Boxster and after that shootout he said the Boxster was the better car and then bought an SLK55 for himself! Not a fan of him but he does know his cars. The video is on Youtube.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Big fan of the slk55 , brother had the slk32.
    Owned a 32 ten years ago. The straight line performance of that would still hold up against a lot of modern stuff even today. My SLK32 is the one on Fastest Laps pictured outside Falkirks stadium in 2010.

Craftsman
    The Giulia Veloce is about to depart thankfully, so Ive just taken delivery of this:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you drive?

Just changed from my beloved Yeti to an Octavia vRS.
    The colours not to everyones taste but its my choice

Last edited by vRSG60; 15th February 2020 at 19:28.