closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TWR watch repairs (Sinn Servicing)?

TWR watch repairs (Sinn Servicing)?

Has anyone had any experience of TWR watch repairs? www.twrwatchrepairs.co.uk My Sinn is overdue for a service.
    Last edited by morgan; 11th September 2019 at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I would deal directly with Sinn Germany and send it to them for servicing.
    Aren't they notoriously slow?

I now have 3 Sinns (All with AR), but I dread the day I need to send one back or, at least, wonder how long it will be before I see it again!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 12th September 2019 at 12:21.

They (Sinn) say it’s up to 120 days at the moment, my UX needs a once over, so I had to buy a U2 to keep me going while it’s away.

Master

I'd ask Neil at Chronomaster to arrange the servicing.

As an authorised dealer, he can order any parts from Sinn but also get the watch serviced in the UK. The best of both worlds. My experience of Chronomaster servicing my watch was very positive indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I'd ask Neil at Chronomaster to arrange the servicing.

As an authorised dealer, he can order any parts from Sinn but also get the watch serviced in the UK. The best of both worlds. My experience of Chronomaster servicing my watch was very positive indeed.
    It depends what watch it is, anything oil filled or AR has to go back to Sinn

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    It depends what watch it is, anything oil filled or AR has to go back to Sinn
    I have the EZM2 which is oil filled, I heard it could be a long time for a battery/oil change but 120 days is ridiculous.

Worth the wait in my opinion. Why risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I have the EZM2 which is oil filled, I heard it could be a long time for a battery/oil change but 120 days is ridiculous.
    Mine is off next week, I’ll keep you posted.

Grand Master
    I would deal directly with Sinn Germany and send it to them for servicing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Its not compulsory to return whatever brand back to the maker,or assume they'll be any better than anyone else capable of servicing the watch.

So why do you say send it back to Sinn as opposed to an independant?.

I agree some will have to.

Thanks to everyone for replying. I guess someone has to dip there toe into the water to find out, guess that's me then. I'll report back as we go along.

Grand Master
    Because many Sinn watches have unique parts/technology and only Sinn or a Sinn approved ADs have assess to the tooling/parts to carry out a service.

But not all Sinn have to go back to them.Yes as I said some do........but those that don't can be sorted by an independant.

Ive never sent a watch to its maker,always used an independant watch repairer.

Id rather save than loose my money,that's what a true Yorkshireman does.

Grand Master
    Trying to determine which Sinn watches do or don't need to be serviced by Sinn is not an easy task and most people couldn't be bothered. If your aim is just to save money, then maybe it's time to move away from premium watches altogether

Not easy to move away from premium watches when that's what most of mine are.

I have the U1,that's doesn't and wouldn't be sent to Sinn.

And that in a nutshell is what I was saying.......They don't have to go back to Sinn,as don't other brands.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 16th September 2019 at 14:27.

Banned
    My 103 Ti AR took 2 months and it came back in a nice Sinn carry case. I always use Sinn in Germany now. A bit slow (and pricey) but confident it'll be done well.

I did once cheap out and sent the Sinn to an independent and the chrono hand fell after a day! I guess paying £70 for a full service on a 7750 you should expect something to happen!

By the way they now come back with a little clear bag with all the parts they replaced. A bit like Omega do.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassette View Post
    My 103 Ti AR took 2 months and it came back in a nice Sinn carry case. I always use Sinn in Germany now. A bit slow (and pricey) but confident it'll be done well.

I did once cheap out and sent the Sinn to an independent and the chrono hand fell after a day! I guess paying £70 for a full service on a 7750 you should expect something to happen!

By the way they now come back with a little clear bag with all the parts they replaced. A bit like Omega do.
    If a recent service then alarm bells would certainly sound at £70!!.

And let me just stress,when I say "independant" I mean someone we know and trust via the forum.

There's saving money,and there's wasting money.

I sent my UX back to Frankfurt via TWR about 6 weeks ago, expecting it to take about 12 weeks, and got a call yesterday saying it had arrived back with TWR yesterday. I found TWR extremely easy and pleasant to deal with. They told me the UX is just about the only Sinn they can’t service themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I sent my UX back to Frankfurt via TWR about 6 weeks ago, expecting it to take about 12 weeks, and got a call yesterday saying it had arrived back with TWR yesterday. I found TWR extremely easy and pleasant to deal with. They told me the UX is just about the only Sinn they can’t service themselves.

Just had an email from Sinn listing TWR as their Partner for repair and guarantee services
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I took my Sinn Fliegerchronograph to them on 6th Jan for service. It cost £345 and I received it back through the post last week. They had an itemised document detailing the work done and a little bag containing some parts that were replaced. It was sent back in a nice black Sinn watch case.

I would say that the customer service was really good and the work was done in a timely manner. The service comes with a 2 year guarantee. I have absolutely no complaints.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

My U1 had a warranty issue (bubble) - I was struggling to get a response from Sinn. I spoke to TWR and whilst they don't repair or service the U1 they contacted Sinn for me to find out why I didn’t get a reply - they called me back and gave me a contact. Within 24 hours or so I had a number of emails, an apology from Sinn and a postage label sent which initially they said the free warranty postage wasn’t available outside of Germany.

I thought their customer service was excellent and they had nothing to gain from me directly.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Just had an email from Sinn listing TWR as their Partner for repair and guarantee services
    So TWR lubricated the crown & regassed my EZM1 quickly. Comms & service very good & best of all - no cost to me as it had been serviced by Sinn only just over 2 years ago. I'm not sure whether they cleared this with Sinn or not, so whether there was any "negotiation" involved I don't know, they just handled it for me.

Very impressed.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    So TWR lubricated the crown & regassed my EZM1 quickly. Comms & service very good & best of all - no cost to me as it had been serviced by Sinn only just over 2 years ago. I'm not sure whether they cleared this with Sinn or not, so whether there was any "negotiation" involved I don't know, they just handled it for me.

Very impressed.
    That's very good to hear.
    D

Master
    TWR not too far from STS BTW.