closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A few days with a controversial Steinhart

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    To state the obvious Definitely different! I'm guessing you bought it knowing you could prob sell it on Ebay, limited production run etc.. bound/hope to be a following for them.....
    No, I didn't. As stated above, I bought it to wear. I've had a lot of Steinharts and some sell for considerably less than RRP on the second-hand market while some hold their value very well. The ones that hold it well tend to be the likes of the Ocean 1, conservative in style which this most definitely is not. Resale value wasn't a consideration, I bought it because I liked it. The small production run was a consideration because they're likely to be very difficult to get hold of in future, not so I could milk a cash cow.

Master
    Not implying that you bought it to 'milk the cow' so to speak- I just looked at from my buying perspective, for something that different I would be thinking If I didn't bond with it, could I get out of it? Best way to buy anything, If you like buy it, everyone has different tastes-

I've had a few Steinharts and love the brand, they tend to be a bit safe and conservative as you say, it's good to see them try something a 'bit out there' good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    No, I didn't. As stated above, I bought it to wear. I've had a lot of Steinharts and some sell for considerably less than RRP on the second-hand market while some hold their value very well. The ones that hold it well tend to be the likes of the Ocean 1, conservative in style which this most definitely is not. Resale value wasn't a consideration, I bought it because I liked it. The small production run was a consideration because they're likely to be very difficult to get hold of in future, not so I could milk a cash cow.

Nice review and I almost like it, but too big and the wrong shape for me. Though if it had a lumed skull I might have been swayed.

Good on ya Paul. I quite like it. Thanks for the review.

Craftsman
    I love it...... I hate it..... I love it again. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

On the skull on the dial: a couple of folk in this thread and lots elsewhere on the internet have said they'd prefer it with a lumed skull. That's something I would have struggled with! It's probably definitely almost certainly wrong to refer to this watch as classy, but for me it would have taken away from it if it was lumed, maybe taken it into full-on tacky territory. The skull as it is is really nicely done: stainless steel, sharply cut out with a nice vertical brushing. I've had several watches with full-lume dials and it seems really hard to get a nice even coverage of lume paint, it always looks patchy and wouldn't have been something that would improve this watch.

Journeyman
    Total and utter rubbish. That is the worst looking watch and strap I’ve ever seen.

Plus (in typical Steinhart fashion) it is a fake of a Bell & Ross.

The website went down because someone tried to protect the fools and their money.

That really is awful.