closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Childhood photos that bring back memories

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Taken by me on a box brownie at our house just outside Kuala Lumpur in 1958. My father was seconded from the RAF to head up Engineering Branch in the newly formed Royal Malaysian Air Force, and treated himself to this brand new Plymouth Belvedere. He subsequently brought it back to the UK, and our next stop was RAF Church Fenton in Yorkshire.

We were at Church Fenton 1981-1985
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Small world! My brother and I still occasionally drop into Pidgin (usually after a few beers).

That photograph must have been taken on a rare occasion that I didn't have a plaster on my knee.
    It is a small world. We lived on the Plateau. I will have to dig the photo out.

Anyway, taken in the the garden in Jos 1968. I am trouble in the middle. I loved that shirt

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    My first Lego 1984 :)

Your Nan looks more excited!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    We were at Church Fenton 1981-1985
    Slightly earlier - 1960/1961 - did my 11 plus at the village school in the local village - Ulleskelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Slightly earlier - 1960/1961 - did my 11 plus at the village school in the local village - Ulleskelf.
    My sister went to Ulleskelf school, I went to Tadcaster Grammar School for a term or two before being packed off to boarding school. I was too young to ever go in, but the local pub, The Fenton Flyer was always a landmark to see to know you were nearly home.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Your Nan looks more excited!
    She surely does :D

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I don't know why, but I decided to go through a couple of boxes of old photos last night, and one of them reminded me that we were talking on another thread about the amazing Johnny Seven OMA from back in the day. Consequently, I was delighted to discover a forgotten photo of the beauty (the gun, not me). Assuming I was around 6 or 7 at the time it must be from about 1966/67.

I used to set the gun up in the hall, lay down on the floor and shoot anyone who came in the front door (usually Grandpa, who was always popping in wearing his long white chef’s jacket - well, in those days they were more like coats - and smelling of freshly baked bread). Not sure why I was wearing a tie, but perhaps we were going out for lunch or something. God, I loved that gun

Please share your own images, if you have any, that send the memories flooding back... I need to find one I have somewhere of my old CG125, after riding it home from Norwich to Golders Green!

The Johnny Seven was superb. Wish I had a photo of mine, but unless it hasd been taken on the first day there would be no ammo to see, That disappeared over neighboring hedges very quickly.