closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Hybrid View

Master
    What do you look forward too with teams that realistically are not going to win anything ? Is it just winning a derby and hope to take points of some big sides ?

Genuine question.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    What do you look forward too with teams that realistically are not going to win anything ? Is it just winning a derby and hope to take points of some big sides ?

Genuine question.
    Good point…. I’ve seen the light…. I will now follow Liverpool who simply win everything and outperform everyone!

Why didn’t I do this years ago?

Genuine question.
    Didn’t your last post say you werent deluded ?
    And then you ask this ?

Blog Entries

Genuine question.
    Its about loyalty.
    Supporting a team through thick & thin.
    Not supporting the latest successful team.
    I’m from Salford & I’ve been a blue since 1976
    (ballboy in 82-3 season - when we’re crap & relegated after losing to Luton)
    Questions like that make me ask...
    ...Are you actually from Liverpool - or just another glory hunter?

Genuine question.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 3rd February 2019 at 20:46.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Its about loyalty.

Genuine question.

z
    Yep. Some of the most emotional experiences i've have had at a football match were when we lost, on a cold February night, away from home.

It's about belonging, comradeship and passion for a team regardless of where they are in the league. If you want to see some real passion google John Sitton of Leyton Orient.

I'm red and white till i die and i don't have any other option. You don't pick your club, your club picks you.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 4th February 2019 at 13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    Yep. Some of the most emotional experiences i've have had at a football match were when we lost, on a cold February night, away from home.

It's about belonging, comradeship and passion for a team regardless of where they are in the league. If you want to see some real passion google John Sitton of Leyton Orient.

I'm red and white till i die and i don't have any other option. You don't pick your club, your club picks you.
    Agreed.

Anybody can be a glory hunter but those folk who follow the huge teams have a sense of enormous disappointment if they don't win something ever year, especially after spending big.

Me, I find end of season battles against relegation just as exciting.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Agreed.

Anybody can be a glory hunter but those folk who follow the huge teams have a sense of enormous disappointment if they don't win something ever year, especially after spending big.

Me, I find end of season battles against relegation just as exciting.
    Cheers Neil, just hope that relegation battle isn't between us in May. I wish the Hammer's well, always liked them and i think you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    If they were relegated tomorrow I would still renew my season ticket.
    In a nutshell.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 4th February 2019 at 19:16.

Master
    Be great if Cardiff stayed up, they looked doomed for a while but have got it together and looked fairly solid recently.

I hope Newcastle stay up too as I think Rafa has done a tremendous job with them.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Its about loyalty.

Genuine question.

z
    In 1999 I was living in Whalley Range. I can remember one lovely spring evening having the windows open and being able to hear quite clearly the words and tunes of the massive crowd singing happily at Maine Road almost a mile away - and that was just a playoff semi-final for promotion out of the third tier.

Genuine question.

So in your view the stats rule.

how many times have Liverpool won the English Premier League title ?

and Leicester City ?

genuine question...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    So in your view the stats rule.

how many times have Liverpool won the English Premier League title ?

and Leicester City ?

genuine question...
    Liverpool 0, Leicester 1.

What are you getting at ? That lighting can strike ?

Genuine question.
    Ive watched my team for 50 years and enjoyed everything about.. been going since I was two. Your club is your club no matter what they put you through. It’s the hope of doing well and winning something. My team has had quite a lot of success over the past 8 years and I have enjoyed all of that too. If they were relegated tomorrow I would still renew my season ticket. I watched them when our Derby was Stockport and Macclesfield and loved that too. Sometimes it isn’t about winning all the time, it’s about being part of something. 92 clubs but only one can win the league in each division, one can win the FA cup and one can win the League Cup. For lots it’s about promotion but for many it’s about loyalty and belonging, as well as enjoying watching a match.

Blog Entries
    OK might as well chip in and tell the idiot that assumes if you do not support a club that wins you are deluded i have supported CFC for around 56 yrs even though i am North London born and bred seen it all from relegation ,European cups and FA cup still remember us versus Leeds to the new “ glory days” as Chelski
    Glad that MC won yesterday and hopefully the “ irons” will win tonight as the thought of LFC and their it’s our right attitude winning the EPL really pees me off, not so sure if it was Spurs chasing i would feel the same though

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    OK might as well chip in and tell the idiot that assumes if you do not support a club that wins you are deluded i have supported CFC for around 56 yrs even though i am North London born and bred seen it all from relegation ,European cups and FA cup still remember us versus Leeds to the new “ glory days” as Chelski
    Glad that MC won yesterday and hopefully the “ irons” will win tonight as the thought of LFC and their it’s our right attitude winning the EPL really pees me off, not so sure if it was Spurs chasing i would feel the same though
    You've just quoted me on this I haven't even said you plant pot. Tell me where I said anyone was deluded for not supporting a club that wins.

You're the deluded person for making things up that haven't been said.

Maybe you're the idiot.

Blog Entries
    You've just quoted me on this I haven't even said you plant pot. Tell me where I said anyone was deluded for not supporting a club that wins.

You're the deluded person for making things up that haven't been said.

Maybe you're the idiot.
    Are you from - or are you in any way connected to Liverpool ?

...or did you just support them because they were winning ?

Genuine question.

z

Craftsman

Genuine question.
    In answer to your question, this is what we look forward to ^^
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 10th March 2019 at 12:07.