closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 148 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,400 of 17843

Thread: More bike related stuff

Anyone up for a ride next weekend?

I'm thinking of a nice little ride to Ivinghoe Beacon next weekend, with a starting point of either Watford or St Albans. Obviously it'll be dependent on the weather, but we could play it by ear in terms of Saturday or Sunday and hopefully one day or the other would be okay.

There are a few of us that are pretty local to each other (Howard, Mark, Sam, Ian, etc) but if anyone's interested and doesn't mind confirming the arrangements closer to the time then just drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Ah no. I've gone in a different direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Pray tell
    New bike :)
    Pissing rain :(

Nice choice

Love the new Fantics, the Deluxe 500 is a lovely thumper - congrats!

Ah! Is that the Deluxe 500 (struggling to see on my phone)? Interesting choice and look forward to hearing your views with some miles under your belt.

Master
    That Fantic looks the dogs B..... Fantic have a great history on making solid bikes.

ps you dont have to worry about getting it wet in the future!

Steve

Master
    That looks cool!

I'm thinking of a nice little ride to Ivinghoe Beacon next weekend, with a starting point of either Watford or St Albans. Obviously it'll be dependent on the weather, but we could play it by ear in terms of Saturday or Sunday and hopefully one day or the other would be okay.

There are a few of us that are pretty local to each other (Howard, Mark, Sam, Ian, etc) but if anyone's interested and doesn't mind confirming the arrangements closer to the time then just drop me a PM.
    Sounds like a great plan Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

Great. Howard is up for it too and early forecasts look good for both days.

It was delivered to home but it will live in my garage which is a couple of streets away so I had to ride it despite the rain.
    Bearing in mind I'm a new rider and it's a new bike with new tyres and new brake pads I didn't thrash it about but I did manage a few miles up into them there hills before my gloves started leaking and I headed for home. Albeit with very little to compare it to, I like it a lot. It's exactly what I was looking for.

It was delivered to home but it will live in my garage which is a couple of streets away so I had to ride it despite the rain.
    Bearing in mind I'm a new rider and it's a new bike with new tyres and new brake pads I didn't thrash it about but I did manage a few miles up into them there hills before my gloves started leaking and I headed for home. Albeit with very little to compare it to, I like it a lot. It's exactly what I was looking for.

For some reason your pictures aren't loading for me.

What is it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    For some reason your pictures aren't loading for me.

What is it?
    Although I know it's a Fantic Cabellero, I can't see the pictures either.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Although I know it's a Fantic Cabellero, I can't see the pictures either.
    Ah yes, one of the fastest 50cc bikes I ever rode.

Just realised I can only do Saturday next weekend.....fingers crossed that’s the best day weather wise

Master
    Ah yes, one of the fastest 50cc bikes I ever rode.

I guess things have moved on a little...

Just realised I can only do Saturday next weekend.....fingers crossed that’s the best day weather wise

Texted you, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I guess things have moved on a little...

That looks rather good.

I'd got it in my head that Fantic was now Chinese (like Benelli) but it seems like it's still properly Italian.

Master
    https://www.fbmondial.co.uk/new-bike...ial-hps-125-52

I just love the design of this and is the only 125 I've seen that looks like a proper motorbike.
    If they made a 750 or 1000 it would be very tempting!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I find this Japanese gentlemans videos relaxing and interesting

his shop check out his travel table and its development history.

https://unroof.theshop.jp/
    Last edited by bwest76; 4th October 2020 at 12:05.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

his shop check out his travel table and its development history.

https://unroof.theshop.jp/
    Yes, lovely videos, and incredibly relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    https://www.fbmondial.co.uk/new-bike...ial-hps-125-52

I just love the design of this and is the only 125 I've seen that looks like a proper motorbike.
    If they made a 750 or 1000 it would be very tempting!
    They can stop that automatically-playing relaxing, relaxing, yoga music rubbish to start with.

I really enjoy the way motorbike camping made me pare down to the bare minimum of equipment that was actually needed. So many great memories of camping up solo or with other bikers.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blimey, he doesn`t half eat well, doesn`t he?

When i`m on a motorcycle trip and under tarp my default nourishment is derived from a tin of Stagg chilli and a sliced white...

Went for a quick dip into the Dark Peak this afternoon and absolutely love it. It's no slouch either - Long Hill (between Whaley Bridge and Buxton) was closed so I ended up on the A6 for a bit, opened it up, glanced down and may have crept above 80. Took a few pics on the way from Buxton to home.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QKiftAKHnmfymoK18

p.s. I promise not to take this many pics every time I go for a spin.

[QUOTE=MakeColdplayHistory;5548490

p.s. I promise not to take this many pics every time I go for a spin.[/QUOTE]

Take as many as you like, I still can't see them.

Take as many as you like, I still can't see them.
    Hmmm... It's a Google Photos thing. I know some people on some forums can't see photos linked from Google Photos but I thought the solution was to add them to a Google Album (which I've done for these). Obviously that's not a fix.

Here's a link to the album anyway (if this works): https://photos.app.goo.gl/zNpHS4p6uYg2RpH7A
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 4th October 2020 at 15:53.

Hmmm... It's a Google Photos thing. I know some people on some forums can't see photos linked from Google Photos but I thought the solution was to add them to a Google Album (which I've done for these). Obviously that's not a fix.

Here's a link to the album anyway (if this works): https://photos.app.goo.gl/zNpHS4p6uYg2RpH7A
    That works.

And looks great!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I really enjoy the way motorbike camping made me pare down to the bare minimum of equipment that was actually needed. So many great memories of camping up solo or with other bikers.

R

Thats one reason I enjoy my trips, less is much,much more.

my little trips this year in the UK I was down to one bag on the rear seat.

I notice he is using a lot of European food and gadgets along with a spyderco.

The table is a genius design he has refined,everything is sold out.

I did buy a short wooden spoon after seeing how he does it though.

Master
    Blog Entries

very good photos but how is the bike so clean among all that rain and mud?

Master

I also can't see the pictures, but the album is fine. Anyway, the bike really suits the environment and it looks great. Weather permitting, I'll be up there on Tuesday on my Scrambler 1200.

very good photos but how is the bike so clean among all that rain and mud?
    Looks like it's all on the back of my jacket and helmet.

Master
    Andrew that looks like a great ride in the Peaks abd a good bike to dk it with. Now back to the garage and get the sponge and soapy water out.

Nobody does "heritage" like triumph.

Edit: IMO, of course :)
    Hi Tony, late to the party, great bike enjoy.

Maybe able to do Saturday if I can get my tires done in time.

Thats one reason I enjoy my trips, less is much,much more.

my little trips this year in the UK I was down to one bag on the rear seat.

I notice he is using a lot of European food and gadgets along with a spyderco.

The table is a genius design he has refined,everything is sold out.

I did buy a short wooden spoon after seeing how he does it though.
    I like the look of that wood burning stove thingy.....any idea what that is?

I like the look of that wood burning stove thingy.....any idea what that is?
    look like a portable titanium burner - he does agreat job of cooking a 4* meal with a small amount of kit.

*like this
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lixada-Ou...kAAOSwq3pfJqSD
    Last edited by pugster; 5th October 2020 at 11:17.

Booster plug at service

Hi all - my Bike is going in for a service later today, and I have a booster plug fitted. Given that the technician I just spoke to on the phone doesn't appear to know what I'm talking about, should I be asking them to disconnect the plug for the service and then reconnect it afterwards, or will it not matter so far as diagnostics are concerned?

^^^ I never bothered to disconnect mine when the bikes went in to a main agent for servicing and nothing was mentioned when I collected them back.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

^^^ I never bothered to disconnect mine when the bikes went in to a main agent for servicing and nothing was mentioned when I collected them back.

R
    Ah, thanks. I'ver been reading up on how it works and it didn't sound like it needed to be removed, nor will it stop them hooking up to the ECU. Just surprised that the guy I spoke to hadn't heard of a booster plug before (Triumph main agent).

Master
    Well, I start the journey to my unrestricted bike licence next week, and inevitably I'm trying to pin down the bikes that I'll end up testing with a view to buying. I suppose this thread is just a chance to look at the options, which aren't as huge as they could have been considering I want a naked bike; it needs to be as light and agile as possible, as I'm on the small side of average; and I've pretty much settled on 650-700cc.

There are two bikes at present that meet these requirements and also make me drool in terms of looks, and I just wondered if there were any real life experiences that could be shared, or whether there are other obvious contenders that I should be thinking about.

First up is the Yamaha MT-07 - not one that needs much inroduction, and Europes biggest selling naked bike by some margin (apparently Yamaha sell around 17,000 units pa, which is remarkable).

The other bike that's making me drool - and only just discovered thanks to a pointer from our Howard - is the Husqvarna Vitpilen 701. A manufacturer better known for motocross, but with a pedigree going back to 1903, this one is slightly more of a cafe racer style.

Both of these bikes are 690cc, and both have similar handling characteristics according to the reviews - and are also easy to ride from a novice's point of view.

Any thoughts or experiences to share? Please bear the requirements I mentioned in mind - I don't want a sports bike, and I don't want anything bigger in terms of engine size.
    Hi Tony... Welcome to the world of biking. Please don't be offended by this - it comes from a biker of 50+ years who if nothing else has learned that the first objective to biking is survival. You are about to discover that the modern middleweight bike has power and performance that only the sports bikes of 10 years ago could offer so please please don't get overconfident with speed, particularly now that the weather is taking a turn for the worse and road conditions will deteriorate badly. You will obviously learn with experience but I have seen several new bikers caught out by the difference in the bike they learned on and the bike they move on to. Stay safe.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Hi Tony... Welcome to the world of biking. Please don't be offended by this - it comes from a biker of 50+ years who if nothing else has learned that the first objective to biking is survival. You are about to discover that the modern middleweight bike has power and performance that only the sports bikes of 10 years ago could offer so please please don't get overconfident with speed, particularly now that the weather is taking a turn for the worse and road conditions will deteriorate badly. You will obviously learn with experience but I have seen several new bikers caught out by the difference in the bike they learned on and the bike they move on to. Stay safe.
    Rob
    Maybe read the rest of the thread.........it's very good

Master

R
    Likewise..😎

E
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Rob
    I appreciate that, Rob. I’ve got a couple of years, plus a few bikes, under my belt now but advice like that is always valid.

Maybe read the rest of the thread.........it's very good
    Little did I know it would still be running

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Likewise..
    Ta

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cracking ride today,I even found a new route from Streatly to Henley on thames where I had a coffee in the square wearing just a Tee shirt.

Not long later it was dark,raining with rubbish all over the road but I enjoyed every secound of the 70 miles.

At home I rinsed the bike down while it was still raining using the Tescos spray gun adapter I bought last week of the forecourt for a tener, It has a little soap dispenser so its quick and easy.

Well... bike fully serviced, heated grips fitted, auxiliary power socket installed under the left side throttle body, new hollow headstock nut fitted to take the Quadlock fork stem mount, and sidestand spring replaced as an outstanding recall item.

Right, I'm not spending another penny on this bike, as everything else I would have wanted was already done.

I look forward to news of next week’s purchases Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I look forward to news of next week’s purchases Tony

Well... bike fully serviced, heated grips fitted, auxiliary power socket installed under the left side throttle body, new hollow headstock nut fitted to take the Quadlock fork stem mount, and sidestand spring replaced as an outstanding recall item.

Right, I'm not spending another penny on this bike, as everything else I would have wanted was already done.

<Frank Muir>
    Bluff
    </FM>

<Frank Muir>
    Bluff
    </FM>
    You’re not the best of influencers either!

You’re not the best of influencers either!
    I'll have you know I've not spent a load of money on unnecessary bolt ons in (checks watch) almost 3 hours now!

Well, having swapped over the headstock nut I just fitted the Quadlock fork stem mount together with the new vibration dampener that they've released. It's a bit bulky because of the additional mass of the dampener, but all in all it's a good solution (and one that I need to be fitted, whatever the aesthetic impact).