closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Honda CR-V petrol

Master

Honda CR-V petrol

My old comfy barge (22 years old) keeps passing its MOT but I am concerned that one day soon my "toy" will have to go. I want an easy to get in and out of car (now 70 years old) with a non-turbo, non cambelt engine. The best that fits my list of wants is a Honda CR-V 2 litre petrol. As I am retired and only cover a few thousand miles per year (5k max), fuel economy is not a problem. I do my own repairs and servicing by the way. Any comments gratefully received. Mike

Master
    We had a diesel version for a few years and it was great. Friends have had the petrol version and they loved it.
    Well built, comfortable, good vision, high seating and reasonably well equipped.
    They’ve been around for a long time so there should be something for most budgets too.

Blog Entries
    We had a CR V petrol a few years ago and as much as it covered the bases in terms of size etc it was gutless now got a hybrid and same space etc but the vehicle now has some power BTW two old farts at 70 & 74
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    I don't think you can go wrong with the CRV...the nearest other options are the Toyota Rav4 and my choice a Mazda CX30 but the first two have a 5 year warranty.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Honda CR-V’s are great. It was my go to recommendation for many years when asked advice.
    Not the newest but if you can score a clean and tidy 2006 shape, it’ll be all the car you’ll ever need.

Master
    I had one a while back, great car but couldn't put up with having to fill it with petrol every 5 minutes. If, as you say, consumption isn't a problem then go for it.

Grand Master
    I had one, brought it with 36k on and sold it with 120k on, never had any problems outside of fair wear and tear,

Paid £7k for it and sold it for £1200 so cost me £5800 over 12 years
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with the CRV...the nearest other options are the Toyota Rav4 and my choice a Mazda CX30 but the first two have a 5 year warranty.
    Toyota + Lexus now have up to 10 years warranty if they’re serviced by the dealers.

i have a 2009 petrol , love it comfy quiet easy to get in and out can get 38-40 on a long run. 33 to 36 general running around. 2012 onwards newer shape slighty better mpg . ex version has all the extas

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks to all reponders. It confirms my theories. So, off on a hunt for the perfect replacement! My last Honda was a 10 Year anniversary Limited Edition Honda CB 750K!

Served me well and sold it for twice the amount that I paid for it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Honda CR-V’s are great. It was my go to recommendation for many years when asked advice.
    Not the newest but if you can score a clean and tidy 2006 shape, it’ll be all the car you’ll ever need.
    If you're doing around 15k miles per year and weren't bothered by ULEZ compliance, would you recommend the diesel* or petrol?

* There seems to be 2.2 CDTI, 2.2 DTEC and 1.6 DTEC diesels to choose from, though I'm not sure whether all were available in the 2006 onwards (MK3?) models?

Master
    I'd recommend the Lexus UX or NX hybrids, lovely places to sit, surprisingly nippy, fuel economy may not be a big issue but petrol is going nowhere but up in the near future and as has been said up to 10 years warranty.

The wife has a Hyundai Kona which I'd also recommend. Interior is well equipped but not luxurious per se, but it copes fantastically as a tall family hatchback. Reliability is aparently up there with toyota / lexus as well for way less money.

I'll Add:
    Having has a 2.2 CDTI Accord that gave me nothing but problems I'd hesitate to buy another honda and flat out refuse another diesel Honda given that 80% of the issues were engine related.