closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home Weather Station

Master

Home Weather Station

I am looking at buying a weather station for home to help feed my unhealthy obsession with the weather - well, I am British!
    There seem to be lots of different options, and makes that I have never heard of. Lots of reviews recommending different models but not consistent. Also considering the advance in mobile technologies, a lot of them don’t send data over WiFi or to your phone which would be handy.

I want one that will measure wind (direction / speed), rain, humidity etc etc - all the things you would expect, perhaps solar powered, connects to mobile ideally, and perhaps over WiFi...

Anyone got any experience or recommendations? Don’t mind spending a bit of money to get a decent one.

Master
    Best give these folk a bell. They do know what they’re talking about. Maintenance is key, https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/w...ather-stations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Best give these folk a bell. They do know what they’re talking about. Maintenance is key, https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/w...ather-stations
    Thanks - good place to start. Lots of range there too 👍

Master
    I had something very similar to this from Maplins years ago https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/w...eather-station. It lasted a fair while and I was able to load it into my PC and from there you can load it into Weather Underground. If I was going to get another I’d get a Davis system most likely the Vantage Vue as the Pro is a bit pricey. They seemed to be the ones to get a fair while ago and still exist so I imagine are still good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had this one for about 10 years now. https://www.industrial-needs.com/tec...tion-nexus.htm
    Still all working fine and I hardly ever clean it or change the batteries.

Make sure you place it all in a Stevenson screen.

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Wouldn’t that prevent measurement of rainfall, wind speed and direction, possibly sunlight etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Make sure you place it all in a Stevenson screen.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Wouldn’t that prevent measurement of rainfall, wind speed and direction, possibly sunlight etc?
    I'm not sure - I just remember having these at school and they always housed a weather station.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    The weather station just houses thermometers etc - not rain gauges or anemometers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I'm not sure - I just remember having these at school and they always housed a weather station.
    I suspect it is for some of the sensors and things, and others will need to be outside.
    I am looking at an all in one relatively compact unit and probably sticks up on a pole at the top of a single story extension at the back of the house.
    It does look like weatherproofing is important though if I don’t want it to break in the first year or so