closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Indoor Rowing Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Well I can't do any of those at the moment, so you're ahead of me. If you can do 15K in an hour, you can definitely do a much better 5000M time than that. It has to be a mental block.
    I probably phrased it wrong, I could just about do a sub 1'30 500m, but that was blowing out my arse and no rhythm whatsoever and definitely couldn't keep it up consistently over a distance.
    When doing 5,10 or 15k I tend to start slow and pick up the pace later on then give it everything in the last 500 and usually finish with a 1'40 - 1'45 but always end up with a 2'00 average. The best I managed conistently was a period of 19'15 for 5000 but couldn't get beyond that which was very frustrating as I could see my times coming down every week until that point then stalled, went on holiday and that was that, didn't get near it again.
    I think the Concept is more a gauge of how much pain you can take rather than a piece of exercise equipment, it's bloody awful but I do sort of enjoy it, I certainly feel better when I'm back into it
    Anyway another excuse for sitting on my fat arse is that my monitor has died and having a look on ebay at the prices of a used one, where have those prices come from??!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    I probably phrased it wrong, I could just about do a sub 1'30 500m, but that was blowing out my arse and no rhythm whatsoever and definitely couldn't keep it up consistently over a distance.
    When doing 5,10 or 15k I tend to start slow and pick up the pace later on then give it everything in the last 500 and usually finish with a 1'40 - 1'45 but always end up with a 2'00 average. The best I managed conistently was a period of 19'15 for 5000 but couldn't get beyond that which was very frustrating as I could see my times coming down every week until that point then stalled, went on holiday and that was that, didn't get near it again.
    I think the Concept is more a gauge of how much pain you can take rather than a piece of exercise equipment, it's bloody awful but I do sort of enjoy it, I certainly feel better when I'm back into it
    Anyway another excuse for sitting on my fat arse is that my monitor has died and having a look on ebay at the prices of a used one, where have those prices come from??!!

I think all home exercise equipment is selling at a premium at the moment. I have a Model C, which until a few week ago, had the original monitor on it. Bought a new up to date one which I think was about £150.

You're right that there's definitely a big mental aspect to it, which is why I prefer intervals and shorter distances. Less time for my brain to talk me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Good advice. One thing I realised I was doing was that in the return, I kept going till the seat hit my foot - as in I could feel it touch - then is drive backwards. When I watched a video from Concept and realised that I should only return to the point that my legs were around 90 degrees, the exercise became more effective and I think I got faster. Nowhere near the sub 2mins/500 m, but a bit better.
    Also felt like the fan was constantly spinning more than previously.
    This is what I do currently. I always assumed it to be the best way as you're getting a longer drive backwards with your legs. I'll try the 90 degree thing this afternoon but I think it'll feel strange in only doing "half a stroke".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    This is what I do currently. I always assumed it to be the best way as you're getting a longer drive backwards with your legs. I'll try the 90 degree thing this afternoon but I think it'll feel strange in only doing "half a stroke".
    It does feel strange to start with. But don’t take my word for it - hopefully someone here can advise if that is the right technique.

When doing it like that, it does feel that your legs are working harder - maybe because they only get half the recovery and the motion is concentrated on the drive or extension.

Get your shins vertical at front stops and body just leaning forward “a bit” and you will be in the right position. If you over-compress or over-reach you will be in a weak position and you’ll lose time and power as you sort of unwind it into the drive.

Interesting experiment with damper setting. I've done two 5,000m in the past week, one at my normal setting of 4 which is about 126 drag on my machine, and then another at No.1 which I've never tried before and drag of 92. Absolutely no difference in time, for what I perceived to be, the same amount of effort. I expected the result on 1 to be way down but not so.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on damper settings. I've seen it said that the stronger you are, the lower you should set the damper which seems counterintuitive, but something to do with being able to generate your own acceleration and power rather than relying on the machine's resistance to do it for you.

So maybe worth experimenting with lower settings. Having said that, I did my fastest times on level 10 before I knew any better. But that was 25 years ago, so not really comparable!

Craftsman
    I’ve always had the damper setting on my Concept set to 10 apart for a few weeks nursing a slight injury where I dropped it to 7-8 and I was noticeably slower over a 5k. I need to investigate the drag factor more

I tend to do between 6-8k most mornings and then a slightly longer of between 10-15k at the weekend.

I subscribed to the online challenges which are good motivation and concept email 3 different workouts each day (short, medium. Long).

Try and mix up distances and intensity. I like 30 seconds intense 30 second light/ recover over 20-30 reps, or 40/40, 50/50, 60/60 etc

Back in my 20’s I managed a 6 min 50 2km but I haven’t tried one now in my 40’s as I’m too scared lol. It’s hell on earth and I recall pretty much collapsing on the floor for 5 mins afterwards.

Done a couple of half marathons but really suffered from numb arse over the last 5-6k

I couldn’t row any sort of distance without binge watching A good TV series. mine is currently set up in the front room right in front of tv much to the wife’s annoyance . Lol

Master
    My ‘standard’ distance is 3km but going by these posts I’m thinking I should try to up it to around 5km. As long as I can maintain the technique and not just try to push it out for 5km!
    Have an injured foot at the moment but hopefully will be able to get back on the machine next week. Might aim to get to 5km by the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Get your shins vertical at front stops and body just leaning forward “a bit” and you will be in the right position. If you over-compress or over-reach you will be in a weak position and you’ll lose time and power as you sort of unwind it into the drive.
    I actually ended up doing the above and it feels ok. Just having to make a conscious effort not to bang the front of the seat off my heals. Did 8km this afternoon in about 34 min with an average split at the start of 2m21s but then settled around 2m19s for 500m. What I also do is 500m overhand grip and then 500m underhand just to mix it up a little and exercise different muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    It does feel strange to start with. But don’t take my word for it - hopefully someone here can advise if that is the right technique.

When doing it like that, it does feel that your legs are working harder - maybe because they only get half the recovery and the motion is concentrated on the drive or extension.

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    I’ve always had the damper setting on my Concept set to 10 apart for a few weeks nursing a slight injury where I dropped it to 7-8 and I was noticeably slower over a 5k. I need to investigate the drag factor more

I tend to do between 6-8k most mornings and then a slightly longer of between 10-15k at the weekend.

I subscribed to the online challenges which are good motivation and concept email 3 different workouts each day (short, medium. Long).

Try and mix up distances and intensity. I like 30 seconds intense 30 second light/ recover over 20-30 reps, or 40/40, 50/50, 60/60 etc

Back in my 20’s I managed a 6 min 50 2km but I haven’t tried one now in my 40’s as I’m too scared lol. It’s hell on earth and I recall pretty much collapsing on the floor for 5 mins afterwards.

Done a couple of half marathons but really suffered from numb arse over the last 5-6k

I couldn’t row any sort of distance without binge watching A good TV series. mine is currently set up in the front room right in front of tv much to the wife’s annoyance . Lol
    Unless there is something wrong with your machine I would say a damper setting of 10 is a bit too high, if you haven't seen it before it might be worth having a read of this: https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowe...er-setting-101

As that article explains the machine accounts for the effect of the damper setting to measure your actual effort, so (all other things being equal) you won't get a different score at different settings it'll just feel different. Though I would imagine a setting of 10 would feel so horrible that your score would be equally awful ... ;)

I actually ended up doing the above and it feels ok. Just having to make a conscious effort not to bang the front of the seat off my heals. Did 8km this afternoon in about 34 min with an average split at the start of 2m21s but then settled around 2m19s for 500m. What I also do is 500m overhand grip and then 500m underhand just to mix it up a little and exercise different muscles.
    Does not compute ... 8k in ~34 mins means your split would have been somewhere around 2:10 ... which is a very respectable score (depending on age and weight and general health of course ... being very presumptuous I'm rather assuming a middle aged male here ...)

Craftsman
    Unless there is something wrong with your machine I would say a damper setting of 10 is a bit too high, if you haven't seen it before it might be worth having a read of this: https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowe...er-setting-101

As that article explains the machine accounts for the effect of the damper setting to measure your actual effort, so (all other things being equal) you won't get a different score at different settings it'll just feel different. Though I would imagine a setting of 10 would feel so horrible that your score would be equally awful ... ;)
    I must say I still don’t understand it, I’ve read the article but it feels too easy when I drop the damper setting below 10 🤷*♂️

Does not compute ... 8k in ~34 mins means your split would have been somewhere around 2:10 ... which is a very respectable score (depending on age and weight and general health of course ... being very presumptuous I'm rather assuming a middle aged male here ...)
    Can only go off what the computer said on the machine, I'm going again this afternoon so will double check. Presumption is correct in middle aged male (6'3" 108kg 45 years old)

I must say I still don’t understand it, I’ve read the article but it feels too easy when I drop the damper setting below 10 路*♂️
    Have you checked the drag factor? The numbers are just a guide and will mean different things on different machines, depending on how old/worn/dirty they are. My machine is about 190 on No. 10 but I remember using a knackered machine in a gym a few years ago where it wasn't much above 100.

To check drag factor it's just : More Options and then 'Check drag factor.' You then row a few strokes and the drag factor comes up.
    Last edited by Jdh1; 14th November 2020 at 11:11.

Can only go off what the computer said on the machine, I'm going again this afternoon so will double check. Presumption is correct in middle aged male (6'3" 108kg 45 years old)
    Well I should be interested to see the results - could you post a picture of the result screen that shows the breakdown of the session?

Well I should be interested to see the results - could you post a picture of the result screen that shows the breakdown of the session?
    Unfortunately I can't take a picture of the screen as we're not allowed our phones out sealed bags while at work offshore Brazil.

This afternoon I completed 8km in 36m 44s with the screen say a split of 2m 19s at the end. I check the drag number and on level 8 its 160. I work that out 2m 17.6s / 500m. Only thing I can think of is I must have misread the screen last time through the sweat / tears / blood / puke (delete as applicable)

Unfortunately I can't take a picture of the screen as we're not allowed our phones out sealed bags while at work offshore Brazil.

This afternoon I completed 8km in 36m 44s with the screen say a split of 2m 19s at the end. I check the drag number and on level 8 its 160. I work that out 2m 17.6s / 500m. Only thing I can think of is I must have misread the screen last time through the sweat / tears / blood / puke (delete as applicable)
    Yes 2:17/500 is correct.

The “active” display will just show the split you happened to finish the piece on, if you look in the history menu you will be able to see a more detailed breakdown showing your average overall and average per segment (usually 5 segments).

Yes 2:17/500 is correct.

The “active” display will just show the split you happened to finish the piece on, if you look in the history menu you will be able to see a more detailed breakdown showing your average overall and average per segment (usually 5 segments).
    Ah gottcha. To be honest I just tend to fall off it trying not to throw my ring. I'll try to remember to look tomorrow

Craftsman
    Have you checked the drag factor? The numbers are just a guide and will mean different things on different machines, depending on how old/worn/dirty they are. My machine is about 190 on No. 10 but I remember using a knackered machine in a gym a few years ago where it wasn't much above 100.

To check drag factor it's just : More Options and then 'Check drag factor.' You then row a few strokes and the drag factor comes up.

Noted, my Damper Setting of 10 is showing a drag factor of around 201.

I find if I drop it below 10 I don't get close to decent times for set distances like 5,000m. For longer distances 8-10,000 I try to stick just under 2.00m splits for 500m (around 1.58) and for shorter distances say 5,000 I try to keep between 1.50-1.55 split.

I find if I drop it below 10 I don't get close to decent times for set distances like 5,000m. For longer distances 8-10,000 I try to stick just under 2.00m splits for 500m (around 1.58) and for shorter distances say 5,000 I try to keep between 1.50-1.55 split.
    Well you're way out of my league, but conventional wisdom says you should be quicker at lower damper settings over those distances. I assume you must be young and big because you'd be pushing records if you're skinny and getting on!

Craftsman
    I’m nearly 42 but 6ft 3 and just over 14stone

I thought the lower the damper setting the less resistance and therefore less force/distance you travel ?

I do row minimum of 5-6 times a week and have done for past year since I bought the machine (which I got due to Achilles problem hampering my running).

It’s fun to log times online to see how you rank with others in age group but it’s also depressing as hell. I nearly killed myself setting a PB for 5000 metres of 17:43 and then look online and someone 5-6 years older is a minute quicker 🤣

It really shouldn’t make a difference to your scores but if it works for you then you may as well leave it alone. Certainly those are very respectable scores for a Masters B (or C if you haven’t had your birthday yet this year) rower!

I’m nearly 42 but 6ft 3 and just over 14stone

I thought the lower the damper setting the less resistance and therefore less force/distance you travel ?

I do row minimum of 5-6 times a week and have done for past year since I bought the machine (which I got due to Achilles problem hampering my running).

It’s fun to log times online to see how you rank with others in age group but it’s also depressing as hell. I nearly killed myself setting a PB for 5000 metres of 17:43 and then look online and someone 5-6 years older is a minute quicker 藍

That still puts you in the top 5% though, so excellent. At my age and weight that would top the rankings by some margin. But can you believe back in 2006 a 60 year old lightweight did it in 17.23!

I'm by no means an expert on this, as you've gathered, but I do know that the top rowers have the machine set around 3-5, so somewhere around the 125 to 135 drag factor. I figure if 17 stone 6'6" giants don't crank it up to 10, it can't be optimal for mere mortals.

There are quite a few helpful videos on line which explain it far better than I can, but I reckon you could shave quite a bit off your time if you change to a lower drag factor and have a look at technique.

Hi John, saw this thread yesterday and just had a row on my concept 2 D model, first since approx 2018 and managed to do 2006 Mtrs, (every metre counts), in 7:49s which i am very happy with.

I know that there is a TZ-UK Cycling club on Strava though have you or anyone else from the forum set up a rowing club so all data can be saved, viewed and hopefully will spur/encourage people.

I will now use it hopefully on a daily basis and record my row on Strava including a picture of the data shown on the monitor.

As fitness goes I used to do the same distance in 6:51s though that was many many years ago.

Regards.

Keith.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by carlyrox; 18th November 2020 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by carlyrox View Post
    Hi John, saw this thread yesterday and just had a row on my concept 2 D model, first since approx 2018 and managed to do 2006 Mtrs, (every metre counts), in 7:49s which i am very happy with.

I know that there is a TZ-UK Cycling club on Strava though have you or anyone else from the forum set up a rowing club so all data can be saved, viewed and hopefully will spur/encourage people.

I will now use it hopefully on a daily basis and record my row on Strava including a picture of the data shown on the monitor.

As fitness goes I used to do the same distance in 6:51s though that was many many years ago.

Regards.

Keith.

Hi keith, I don't think anyone has set anything up on strava. I record everything on the Concept2 app which links in to my personal logbook on the Concept 2 site. I have a loose ambition to tackle one or more of the age group records (short distances) but I'm a way off that yet. There's a facility on the logbook to link to other 'training partners' I think, but not seperate groups as such. Not sure how easy it is to link to Strava as well.

Your best time for 2k is quite a bit better than anything I've ever done. (or will ever do...if I couldn't do it 25 years ago I won't do it noe!) Think the best I ever did was about 7.18 and thought I was going to die. Your current time isn't too far away from where I am now, but I've had a few weeks at it now.

Master
    That still puts you in the top 5% though, so excellent. At my age and weight that would top the rankings by some margin. But can you believe back in 2006 a 60 year old lightweight did it in 17.23!

I'm by no means an expert on this, as you've gathered, but I do know that the top rowers have the machine set around 3-5, so somewhere around the 125 to 135 drag factor. I figure if 17 stone 6'6" giants don't crank it up to 10, it can't be optimal for mere mortals.

There are quite a few helpful videos on line which explain it far better than I can, but I reckon you could shave quite a bit off your time if you change to a lower drag factor and have a look at technique.
    I haven’t got one at home but had a good 18 month period a few years ago where I used one at the gym 5 days a week.

Always set the drag factor at 135 for anything other than sprints as this used to produce my best times. Whack it upto 10 for sprints or intervals.

Done sub 1:25/500 quite a few times but always struggled to get under 7/2000m. Watched a YouTube video lowered my SPM and knocked 15 secs off first try went 6.59. Felt like I was going to have a heart attack! Went sub 7 a few other times too.
    Technique is huge though I’m sure I had another few % in me if I had better tekkers.

I keep an eye out on gumtree for a cheap concept 2 but the prices are bonkers at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I haven’t got one at home but had a good 18 month period a few years ago where I used one at the gym 5 days a week.

Always set the drag factor at 135 for anything other than sprints as this used to produce my best times. Whack it upto 10 for sprints or intervals.

Done sub 1:25/500 quite a few times but always struggled to get under 7/2000m. Watched a YouTube video lowered my SPM and knocked 15 secs off first try went 6.59. Felt like I was going to have a heart attack! Went sub 7 a few other times too.
    Technique is huge though I’m sure I had another few % in me if I had better tekkers.

I keep an eye out on gumtree for a cheap concept 2 but the prices are bonkers at the minute.
    My approach is similar on drag, albeit the results not as good. A sub 1.25 500m is very impressive. I'm struggling to get below 1.25 pace at all at the moment. But age and weight aren't on my side.

All exercise equipment seems to be selling at a premium now. Concept 2 have an 8-10 week wait I think. Saw on another thread you're gone down the bike/turbo route. I've sort of gone the other way over the past few weeks - not because it's better or worse...it's all horrible...but it's just what's getting me off my arse (well actually on my arse but you know what I mean) at the moment.
    Last edited by Jdh1; 19th November 2020 at 12:11.

Master
    My approach is similar on drag, albeit the results not as good. A sub 1.25 500m is very impressive. I'm struggling to get below 1.25 pace at all at the moment. But age and weight aren't on my side.

All exercise equipment seems to be selling at a premium now. Concept 2 have an 8-10 week wait I think. Saw on another thread you're gone down the bike/turbo route. I've sort of gone the other way over the past few weeks - not because it's better or worse...it's all horrible...but it's just what's getting me off my arse (well actually on my arse but you know what I mean) at the moment.
    Yes I'm waiting for my smart trainer to turn up.

I bought a reasonably nice bike in the Summer to ride with one of my mates but he came off his the week I bought mine and broke his wrist. He is a pro football player and has been warned off-road cycling by his club now so my bike has just been an ornament.

This is my way of putting an expensive purchase to use (by making it more expensive)

I stopped using the rowers when my gym got a couple of assault bikes if I'm honest. They are the only thing which seems to beat rowers for putting me in the hurt locker quickly.

I've been looking since March for a reasonably priced one of them or Rower.

I'm not in the same shape now as I was when I was rowing lots so fancy seeing what my times would be now. I reckon I could still break 1.30/500m but I bet my 2000m time would be awful

Master
    Sub 1.25 for 500m is cracking on!! I did a witnessed challenge at Nuffield gym in '17 and although I came 1st before some good rowers of all ages, my time was off that rate.

Can see from the pic that I was tiring fast at that rate, though in my defence I was 51yrs old...

The first stroke from 0 is killer trying for acceleration, time and maintain technique.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Sub 1.25 for 500m is cracking on!! I did a witnessed challenge at Nuffield gym in '17 and although I came 1st before some good rowers of all ages, my time was off that rate.

Can see from the pic that I was tiring fast at that rate, though in my defence I was 51yrs old...

The first stroke from 0 is killer trying for acceleration, time and maintain technique.

I've got 1:23.7 in my head as my best. There's a video knocking about somewhere of it which one of my mates took. I'm a mess at the end. Feet still in the straps but lying on the floor. I will try to dig the video out and post it. I've seen a lad go sub 1:20 too. 6'5" looked like he was built to row.

1:26 at 51 though! I think you win!

I was feeling pleased at 2.26/500m average over 7,169m this morning till I read the above!

Having changed my style (due to the tips contained in this thread) I've increased my average strokes from circa 700 in 35min to over 1000 and my distance from circa 6,100m to circa 7,200m in the same time. I certainly feel the burn on my legs afterwards.

Master
    I've got 1:23.7 in my head as my best. There's a video knocking about somewhere of it which one of my mates took. I'm a mess at the end. Feet still in the straps but lying on the floor. I will try to dig the video out and post it. I've seen a lad go sub 1:20 too. 6'5" looked like he was built to row.

1:26 at 51 though! I think you win!
    1.20! Holee fekk....

Does anyone have the Concept 2 app and upload to their logbook online?

Wondering whether it's worth registering a TZUK Rowing Club on there and then we could add it as an affiliation in personal profiles. It would then appear in all ranking listings. Just thought it might be a bit of additional motivation for improving performance. If nothing else it would make everyone else wonder what the TZUK Rowing Club is.

Okay, as last post, I've set up a TZUK Rowing Club affilation on the Concept 2 site. So if you have an account, you can go into your profile, click on affiliations and then scroll down to TZUK Rowing Club. Let's see how many TZUK Rowing Club Members we can get high up the various 2021 rankings.

From earlier posts, it looks like there should be a few that can get into top 10's in their category.

Master
    Okay, as last post, I've set up a TZUK Rowing Club affilation on the Concept 2 site. So if you have an account, you can go into your profile, click on affiliations and then scroll down to TZUK Rowing Club. Let's see how many TZUK Rowing Club Members we can get high up the various 2021 rankings.

From earlier posts, it looks like there should be a few that can get into top 10's in their category.
    I use the app but haven’t linked it to the site yet. This might get me to finally get round to doing it.
    I’ll happily take the bottom place in the TZUK rankings!

I just checked my best 500m time, according to the C2 records I did a 1:33.7, but I’m not much of a power rower, more endurance!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
    I just checked my best 500m time, according to the C2 records I did a 1:33.7, but I’m not much of a power rower, more endurance!

If you don't already do intervals and have a time like that I bet with a bit of specific training you could easily go under 1:30.

Craftsman
    I’ve added TZuk to my affiliation (I think) lol

My best 500 is 1.33.4, I’m sure when I did that I thought there’s no way I can beat it !!

I’ve added TZuk to my affiliation (I think) lol

My best 500 is 1.33.4, I’m sure when I did that I thought there’s no way I can beat it !!
    Excellent. That makes two of us. My current 500m goal is to get under 1.40 so I've a way to go.

Just checked and there are 2,800 rowing clubs on Concept 2 and we are already bigger than 1,695 of them. That becomes less impressive when I tell you there are currently 3 of us, but it's the first day. It's a start.
    Last edited by Jdh1; 20th November 2020 at 00:58.

Craftsman
    3 members 😂

I’ve just had a crack at 500m this morning. Managed 1.30.1.

Technique clearly goes clean out the window as comparing to the one above I’m just over 40 spm !!.

Off to have a lay down lol

If you don't already do intervals and have a time like that I bet with a bit of specific training you could easily go under 1:30.
    This was when I was rowing training, doing intervals etc. Very much doubt I could do this now, but would get within 4 or 5 seconds with a bit of training...

3 members 

I’ve just had a crack at 500m this morning. Managed 1.30.1.

Technique clearly goes clean out the window as comparing to the one above I’m just over 40 spm !!.

Off to have a lay down lol

Good man, we're on the board! I'll see if I can get something on the old gits rankings over the weekend. 500m might be a bit far though!

Craftsman
    Good man, we're on the board! I'll see if I can get something on the old gits rankings over the weekend. 500m might be a bit far though!
    I’m certainly not getting anywhere near top 10 in any of the 40-50 age categories !!! Insane what some people are managing

I’ve only just stopped coughing my lungs up! Lol

Completed my first 10km row this afternoon so well pleased with myself. 45m 34.8s. I'm going to try and download the concept and join the TZ group. I don't do sprints though as I've a dodgy lower back and daren't risk it.

Edit: I've joined the TZUk row group. I've a feeling I'll be tail end charlie in the group as I only tend to row when I'm at work.
    Last edited by subseastu; 21st November 2020 at 03:13.

Just seen in the app when you sync your logbook you can adjust for weight. It knocks about 5 seconds off my split time!

Just seen in the app when you sync your logbook you can adjust for weight. It knocks about 5 seconds off my split time!

Yes I've seen that 'adjust for weight' thing but not sure how it works. Presumably there's an optimum weight and then the software reduces your time by some algorithm, depending on how far you are from that optimum.

Not having a Concept machine it's a shame I can't join!

Joined the TZUK Rowing club and just completed my 1st 500 mtrs in years. 1:48:2s today though years ago I managed 1:27:5s. Will make sure I keep trying this together with my cycling.

Another attempt at 500mtrs 20mins later and managed 1:39.9s. As I get closer to 57yrs, I am happy with that.

Now off to watch Rugby.

Regards.

Keith.

Last edited by carlyrox; 21st November 2020 at 15:13.

Master
    Just joined the TZUK Rowing Club today - even though I'm out of action (damaged my foot).

Have never tried one of the Challenges before so will be sure to try a few to see how I get on. Completely aware that I'm not going to be climbing up any leader boards!

Might motivate me to row more though and that has to be a good thing.

Well that was a bit of a surprise. Did a few intervals and was going to call it a day but decided to have a go at the one minute ranking. Died badly in the last 10 seconds but still managed 334 metres which is 'only' 5 metres short of the British record, and 4th worldwide this year for old gits.

I was hoping for about 315-320, so quite pleased.