closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you drive?

Hybrid View

Gave the Duracell Performance a clean this afternoon, I remember now why I hate white cars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Gave the Duracell Performance a clean this afternoon, I remember now why I hate white cars!!!

Yet white is a very popular colour for Tesla. Maybe it's just in my area but most of them appear to white.

Most are white, because that colour is "free". Any other colour is £1k, and red is £2k.

I saw a wrapped one at the weekend, in a bright metallic blue, it looked very good from a distance.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Picked up this 90’s Jap today:

Blog Entries
    I had one of those nearly 30 years ago in dark Grey. The NA 2.0 16v engine was sweet and produced about 160bhp from memory and it handled very well too. Pop-up headlamps - well what can you say :-)

Once did Inverness to Watford (540miles) in 8hrs, which is nearly 70mph average! Wouldn't want to repeat that again, even if I could....

Coming up to 18 months with a 2014 VW UP - bargain basic model with wind up windows.

Have covered 22K in the last 12 months. Just had a full service and nothing needed doing - went through its MOT without a single advisory.

This the most practical and cost effective car I have owned in my 40+ years of driving.

Craftsman
    I’ve got 2 cars currently, a Mercedes E350D AMG Premium line and a Toyota GT86 with a few choice mods. The Merc is a wonderful car, but the GT86 is the one I’ll take out for a drive just for the sake of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Coming up to 18 months with a 2014 VW UP - bargain basic model with wind up windows.

Have covered 22K in the last 12 months. Just had a full service and nothing needed doing - went through its MOT without a single advisory.

This the most practical and cost effective car I have owned in my 40+ years of driving.

^^^ This ^^^

A few tips: check the AC fluid level and the g’box oil level. VW put these cars on the road with both levels at the absolute minimum of what’s needed.
    And after a few year on the road, these levels tend to drop a little. Especially the AC will benefit from a flush and new fluids. It will de-mist a lot faster as well (although, that was the case with mine).

Having said that, I'm driving this with a big smile:

I'm absolutely stoked about finding this car in this state. The seller used to live in Flandres when he restored the car. The paintwork has been done there. Local Dutch painters who had a look at the car this week, when I turned up at a local bodyshop for another car (a Saab 96 that's being restored in the shop), gave it a 10/10.

The previous owner is an amateur who did an amazing job. We couldn't find any flaws or 'cutting corners'. In fact, he took a year off to work on the car! The car came with tons of pics of the restoration and all bills since new. Everything a buyer wants to see/have.

M.
    Last edited by thieuster; 21st October 2021 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I wanted to buy the Carlos Sainz edition of this car from my girlfriends parents back around 2000. My dad wouldn’t lend me the money to buy it. Worried i’d wrap it around a tree I think!

Her parents replaced it with a 3.0 Z3…that was good fun to drive…and I did drive it like I stole it 🤣

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post

For a split second I thought that was the Ford Probe.

A local lad had a Probe 24v and a Scorpio Cosworth for sale at sensible money and I came very close to buying both.
    Luckily, a very sane friend talked me out of it.