closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 153 of 354 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,650 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    On one of the side roads running towards Leek - almost adjacent to the A53. The water is Tittesworth Reservoir.
    I know exactly where you are. I don't often venture to the E of the A53 but I know Tittesworth well - I've run round it a few times. I've even raced round it a couple of times when I used to do dumb stuff like that.

Master
    Nice little run out all on my lonesome...😎

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Or maybe spend half the money on one of these , link copied from UKGSER

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/4...ered-1250tr-g/
    If it turns out to be a decent bike then it is a game changer for the price I think.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post

New boots on the Reaper, changed from HD Dunflops to Avon Cobra Chrome. 150mile round trip to Ladybower reservoir to help scrub them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lovely looking bike.

#stillmissingtheHarley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Nice little run out all on my lonesome...

The more I see it the more I'm jealous of that! It's a real beast. Never really thought much to them but seeing yours it's got such a presence. Fish and chips as well, thats really rubbing it in!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    The more I see it the more I'm jealous of that! It's a real beast. Never really thought much to them but seeing yours it's got such a presence. Fish and chips as well, thats really rubbing it in!
    It certainly gets a reaction... very funny one today from a very Welsh farmer at a petrol station..

Him. What CC is that?
    Me. 2.5 litres.
    Him. Looking confused, No what CC is it?
    Me. 2500.
    Him. Looking even more confused. Two thousand five hundred... walks away shaking his head👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I know exactly where you are. I don't often venture to the E of the A53 but I know Tittesworth well - I've run round it a few times. I've even raced round it a couple of times when I used to do dumb stuff like that.
    If you are prepared to venture east of the A53, the road between the Winking Man and the A515 is a good one - and there's a decent coffee stop at Moneyash...

Couple of half-decent hairpins at Crowdecote too.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    My favourite area as you know Enoch.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I don't often venture to the E of the A53...
    If you are prepared to venture east of the A53, the road between the Winking Man and the A515 is a good one - and there's a decent coffee stop at Moneyash...

Couple of half-decent hairpins at Crowdecote too.
    OK, not strictly true that I don't venture E of the A53, just not down the Leek end. I know the yellow bits well (and have eaten at the Pack Horse in Crowdecote a couple of times).

I've just been to get the bike out of the garage and ended up doing a quick Macc-Buxton-Whaley-Macc triangle before breakfast.

I've just been to get the bike out of the garage and ended up doing a quick Macc-Buxton-Whaley-Macc triangle before breakfast.
    Horrible weather where I am today, so the local biking TZers are safe from my haranguing messages for at least 24 hours! In fact, it's Bea's birthday tomorrow so it looks like I'm probably stuffed until Monday (when the forecast is actually a little better)!

That said, I've just bought a load of stuff for my new cleaning regime.

Step one is to hose it down and give it a good covering with this.

Step 2 is to hose it down again and the wash it thoroughly with some of this, applied with a couple of these.

Finally, a good rinse and buff followed by a proper drying off with one of these.

I'm actually quite excited about washing it
    Last edited by learningtofly; 17th October 2020 at 08:56.

Ooh Muc-Off, there's a divisive product! For some reason BMW hate Muc-Off and will use its use as a reason to reject corrosion warranty claims yet Triumph actively recommend it.

I must say I've used Muc-Off on all my bikes for many years and have never had an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Ooh Muc-Off, there's a divisive product! For some reason BMW hate Muc-Off and will use its use as a reason to reject corrosion warranty claims yet Triumph actively recommend it.

I must say I've used Muc-Off on all my bikes for many years and have never had an issue with it.
    I've not used it before, Duncan - I've gone with Motul up until now but decided to see what it's like. I hope I like it because I also got the 5l refill!

I was aware of the two schools of thought but I suspect that BMW are just being... well, BMW.

Popped some KTech Razor shocks on the scout bobber.....
    I no longer feel my entire spine crying when I hit a pothole, manhole cover, bump or slight ripple in the road.
    Beautiful workmanship and a British product too which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Popped some KTech Razor shocks on the scout bobber.....
    I no longer feel my entire spine crying when I hit a pothole, manhole cover, bump or slight ripple in the road.
    Beautiful workmanship and a British product too which is a bonus.
    This thread needs more photos of your beauty IMO!

Same here.
    Though unless theyre caked it salty I’ll use water free cleaning on my bikes whenever possible - Vulcanet wipes are great

Master
    Been riding an Xmax300 around the island and it’s been perfect for the roads here. The topography and coastal roads are twisting rollercoasters often set on very steep inclines. Big hearted scooters are perfect and fun 2-wheelers!

And with my son we enjoyed riding beachside at sunset -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This thread needs more photos of your beauty IMO!
    :)

I’m picking my days for taking it out now...really silly but I just don’t like the thought of it getting dirty and wet.

The blade is going to take the brunt of winter - put some heated grips on it last week so it’s now got no excuse to get out in all weathers ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    :)

I’m picking my days for taking it out now...really silly but I just don’t like the thought of it getting dirty and wet.

The blade is going to take the brunt of winter - put some heated grips on it last week so it’s now got no excuse to get out in all weathers ;)
    I feel the same about the Thruxton... not really been that bothered before but for some reason I'm feeling more protective over it than I was my other bikes. No bad thing, I guess.

Edit: Shame your name's not Vishali - it would be a win/win.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 17th October 2020 at 09:26.

Master
    Horrible weather where I am today, so the local biking TZers are safe from my haranguing messages for at least 24 hours! In fact, it's Bea's birthday tomorrow so it looks like I'm probably stuffed until Monday (when the forecast is actually a little better)!

Step 2 is to hose it down again and the wash it thoroughly with some of this, applied with a couple of these.

Finally, a good rinse and buff followed by a proper drying off with one of these.

I’m no expert but I would have thought that such a cleaning regime will quickly remove all that ACF50 you have applied to the bike?

I’m no expert but I would have thought that such a cleaning regime will quickly remove all that ACF50 you have applied to the bike?
    I think it should be fine. The Meguiars shampoo is particularly mild and the Muc-Off spray is only a spray on/hose off treatment anyway). I suspect the key is to be gentle with the mitts and not clean it unnecessarily often.

This is a bit hardcore!

I apply SDoc100 dry and then rinse off without any agitation (apart from wheels and sump guards) so the ACF50 applied to the engine and other areas should last a few washes. However, I regularly apply ACF50 to all visible nuts and bolts using cotton buds - doesn't take long and I can see whether there is any evidence of corrosion, plus doing it this way avoids getting on areas I don't want it.

all my bikes ive used pledge furniture polish and a rag , i dont see the point in drowning a bike in water unless you have too (im talking dirt bike levels of grime).

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    all my bikes ive used pledge furniture polish and a rag , i dont see the point in drowning a bike in water unless you have too (im talking dirt bike levels of grime).
    Lemon's the one, apparently. May try it for detailing, if not a full clean.

Master

Tony I use the Meguars shampoo conditioner you have linked above. I only started using it this year previously I baulked at more than a fiver for 2.5 L of car shampoo.

All I can say is wow, I wish I had discovered it earlier, we have two white cars and they have never looked so good. Im sold even at £18 bottle.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Tony I use the Meguars shampoo conditioner you have linked above. I only started using it this year previously I baulked at more than a fiver for 2.5 L of car shampoo.

All I can say is wow, I wish I had discovered it earlier, we have two white cars and they have never looked so good. Im sold even at £18 bottle.

Steve
    Yes, anecdotally it seems to be about as good as it gets. Looking forward to cleaning with it to see for myself.

Master
    Since owning the Ducati, it’s always been a 2 person job to remove the rear wheel.

The nut is tightened to 230Nm and it requires the wife to sit on the bike, apply front and rear brakes whilst I use a 55mm socket with 3/4 drive breaker bar and a piece of scaffolding pole for extra leverage.

Doing the nut up is ok, 230Nm isn’t that much, but it requires around 375Nm to loosen...

Enter my new toy. A Dewalt DCF894 impact gun, it’s a beast of a gun rated at 447Nm but breakaway torque for undoing stuff is rated at a massive 813Nm.

I have this tools smaller version which is great for car lug nuts and the like, but wasn’t up to the Ducati wheel nut.

I charged the battery, fitted the socket and it spins the rear nut off in seconds. So easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I charged the battery, fitted the socket and it spins the rear nut off in seconds. So easy.
    I hope for her sake your wife's cooking is up to scratch!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I hope for her sake your wife's cooking is up to scratch!
    Let’s put it this way.....

I eat out as often as I can😈

Speeded up, or are you actually getting a wriggle on?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Speeded up, or are you actually getting a wriggle on?
    That bike is a sports classic, mate, and I don’t hang about on it

Going to beat this week's forecast of rain from tomorrow by taking a ride out to The Original Tea Hut in Epping Forest later this morning. If anyone else fancies it ping me a quick PM

Muc-off is super-agressive, and I now only use it sparingly - but mostly keep it for the car wheels.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Muc-off is super-agressive, and I now only use it sparingly - but mostly keep it for the car wheels.

I water it down for some areas and never leave it on long,it can dull engine cases.

Sound check!

Craftsman
    Now that sounds very nice :)

Blog Entries
    Nice sound!

Will have to do a video of the Enfield since changing the silencers with built in cats over to Norton style pea-shooters.

Before ...........

After...

The difference.........

Master
    Got a new shark carbon helmet today. Bought through my BSB friend who’s sponsored by shark.

Lovely fit and as very very light. Be quick if you want this model as it’s now discontinued, and apparently the newer version is noisy.

Anyone ever had a wasp squeeze through a slight gap between visor and chin guard whilst you're riding? Not recommended at all.

Anyone ever had a wasp squeeze through a slight gap between visor and chin guard whilst you're riding? Not recommended at all.
    No but I've seen my mate start batting himself round the head with one hand as he tried to bring his mountain bike to a controlled stop with the other on quite a steep technical downhill section after a wasp got in his helmet.

No but I've seen my mate start batting himself round the head with one hand as he tried to bring his mountain bike to a controlled stop with the other on quite a steep technical downhill section after a wasp got in his helmet.
    Yes, I was smacking my visor repeatedly, until I realised that the bastard was on the inside. Not sure how I didn't crash, actually - more luck than judgement, I suspect.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Not sure how it got in there, was 40 odd years ago whilst doing about 70 on the motorway in the middle of a group of 30 odd bikes. It was interesting to say the least.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone get out today?

It was glorious in the Cotswolds.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Anyone get out today?

Unfortunately not. Maybe tomorrow.

Do you still want those panniers, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Anyone get out today?

Yes, I took myself over to the Original Tea Hut in Epping Forest, which has been around since 1930 and has a history as a bikers hang-out. Lots of interesting bikes and superb sausages to boot.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I took myself over to the Original Tea Hut in Epping Forest, which has been around since 1930 and has a history as a bikers hang-out. Lots of interesting bikes and superb sausages to boot.
    I shall have to go one day.

I had a cream tea served in a cardboard box sitting outside in Bibury,very nice it was.

Going to beat this week's forecast of rain from tomorrow by taking a ride out to The Original Tea Hut in Epping Forest later this morning. If anyone else fancies it ping me a quick PM
    I haven’t been there for about 20 years Tony, used to really enjoy a ride out there for a cuppa, I’d actually even forgotten all about it. There was always a really good mix of bikes there, a bit of something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I haven’t been there for about 20 years Tony, used to really enjoy a ride out there for a cuppa, I’d actually even forgotten all about it. There was always a really good mix of bikes there, a bit of something for everyone.
    I’ll be organising a ride there at some point soon, Greg. Have you got a decent bike?

Craftsman
    Yup. My best emergency stop ever. How I managed to stop and undo the chin strap at the same time I don't know. But feck me it was scary.