timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 149 of 354 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,450 of 17667

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    https://www.fbmondial.co.uk/new-bike...ial-hps-125-52

I just love the design of this and is the only 125 I've seen that looks like a proper motorbike.
    If they made a 750 or 1000 it would be very tempting!
    They do a 300 now also. I owned the 125 for 2 years and enjoyed pretty much every ride on it. The flat tracker they have now released also looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, having swapped over the headstock nut I just fitted the Quadlock fork stem mount together with the new vibration dampener that they've released. It's a bit bulky because of the additional mass of the dampener, but all in all it's a good solution (and one that I need to be fitted, whatever the aesthetic impact).
    Looks neat.

I've recently remodeled my sat nav fitting, as the combination of BMW Nav VI mounted in a BMW 4-button cradle with integral anti-vibration fixings, mounted in a Touratech anti-theft mount with anti-vibration fixings, attached to an SW-Motech mount adapter with anti-vibration fixings meant that the nav was half way to my chin.

Still quite bulky, but a lot better now that most of the SW-Motech kit has been replaced with a plate.

Well, having swapped over the headstock nut I just fitted the Quadlock fork stem mount together with the new vibration dampener that they've released. It's a bit bulky because of the additional mass of the dampener, but all in all it's a good solution (and one that I need to be fitted, whatever the aesthetic impact).

That does look neat Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Looks neat.

I've recently remodeled my sat nav fitting, as the combination of BMW Nav VI mounted in a BMW 4-button cradle with integral anti-vibration fixings, mounted in a Touratech anti-theft mount with anti-vibration fixings, attached to an SW-Motech mount adapter with anti-vibration fixings meant that the nav was half way to my chin.

Still quite bulky, but a lot better now that most of the SW-Motech kit has been replaced with a plate.

Looks like you're setting off to do Paris-Dakar with that setup......

I keep looking at the Quad-lock mounts but wonder if I really need one. I'm getting sat-nav directions in my helmet via the Packtalk Bold on the occasions I need them.......and don't really want any other phone based distraction. However, it might be nice to see to actually see what the direction instructions actually mean sometimes.

Gyp - Have you tried the Quad-lock lock handlebar mount under the bar-brace closer to the tank???

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

With the tank range on the Street Scrambler I'll take on the first 120 miles of it.

Gyp - Have you tried the Quad-lock lock handlebar mount under the bar-brace closer to the tank???
    I think you mean Tony

From that angle it does look a bit like it should have a road book in it !

With the tank range on the Street Scrambler I'll take on the first 120 miles of it.

I think you mean Tony
    ......no definitely you sir . Though it's probably more in relation to these discussions over on 'the-other-forum' .

Your bike with the handlebar brace.........

Tony's bike has 'clip-ons'.

So, eg........to the right of your key-ring........have you by chance tried a quad-lock mount there below the brace??

By the wonders of Photoshop.........something like this??

I don't really want to spend upwards of £75 just to see if it will work.
    Last edited by skmark; 6th October 2020 at 14:38.

I have the SW Motech satnav mount too. Great bit of kit. Lock and forget, no need to pull it off every time you leave the bike unattended.
    The rubber mounting system is well worth having and really works, my satnav has survived 8 or 9 offs up to now. Only do tarmac these days.

......no definitely you sir . Though it's probably more in relation to these discussions over on 'the-other-forum' .

Your bike with the handlebar brace.........

Tony's bike has 'clip-ons'.

So, eg........to the right of your key-ring........have you by chance tried a quad-lock mount there below the brace??
    Ah ok. This is the joy of talking bikes here, on two Triumph forums, UKGSER and also on Usenet. I can never remember what I've said where.

The brace was attempt n at trying to fit the Touratech bracket and I really wasn't happy with it so the brace joins the pile of surplus bits that I've tried and haven't quite worked out.

I'm not planning to change that again now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I have the SW Motech satnav mount too. Great bit of kit. Lock and forget, no need to pull it off every time you leave the bike unattended.
    The rubber mounting system is well worth having and really works, my satnav has survived 8 or 9 offs up to now. Only do tarmac these days.
    Ah, the SW-Motech mount I had wasn't lockable, which is why I added the lockable Touratech one to it...

......the brace joins the pile of surplus bits that I've tried and haven't quite worked out.....
    Hhhhhmmmmm......anything in that pile that another Street Scrambler TZ owner might be interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hhhhhmmmmm......anything in that pile that another Street Scrambler TZ owner might be interested in

Sloppy seconds, Mark

Ah, the SW-Motech mount I had wasn't lockable, which is why I added the lockable Touratech one to it...
    Sorry! I meant Touratech!!!
    I made my own mounting bar by machining some 13mm ally stock.

Sloppy seconds, Mark
    Recycling Tony....I’m only thinking of the planet, honest

Having beeped it, I'm not 100% convinced I'll keep it on the bike. Might take it off and attach it to the lad's YBR
    Want to swap it for an as-new one of these?

Want to swap it for an as-new one of these?
    I think I've already got one.

... Just no idea where it is

I think I've already got one.

... Just no idea where it is
    Hmmm...

Master
    Here’s the setup on the starship enterprise with wireless quadlock+quadlock anti-vibe + RAM mount arm. The wireless quadlock on a RAM mount arm already has some built-in vibe protection. The quadlock anti-vibe mount now makes the unit a bit like a moving image at speed!

Just remembered.

R18 demo on Saturday.

And it looks like it'll be sunny.

Enjoy. I hope the weather holds out.

n.b. I recon there'll be a hernia truss in the BMW clothing catalogue before not too long.

Master
    Just remembered.

R18 demo on Saturday.

And it looks like it'll be sunny.

Saw one in the dealership last week. Paint quality on it was far beyond a BMW car with its orange peel. Lovely deep black. Looked like Bentley paint. Beautiful bike.

Let us know what it rides like

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Enjoy. I hope the weather holds out.

n.b. I recon there'll be a hernia truss in the BMW clothing catalogue before not too long.
    Maybe, but the weight is about the same as the current Softails and far lighter than the Harley baggers.

That, combined with a low seat and very low centre of gravity (and optional reverse gear) means it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

Let us know what it rides like
    Will do.

Initial reviews I've seen suggests it's a bit firm and rides like a big r9t rather than a cruiser.

That might make it suitable for California but not rural Gloucestershire.

Will do.

Initial reviews I've seen suggests it's a bit firm and rides like a big r9t rather than a cruiser.

That might make it suitable for California but not rural Gloucestershire.
    Less suitable than a Rocket 3, Ian?

Have you packed up that Denali tat yet?

The choice of R18, Rocket III or Harley Breakout might come down to which one the horn fits.

Which is the Cinderella bike?

Master

With just over 600 miles completed around rural Wales, ridden by an 11 stone weakling. I’m happy to declare that the Rocket 3 is perfectly suitable for those types of roads.👍

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Are you out and about Sunday Enoch, weather is forecast OK up to now. Me and a Mate are hoping for our usual scoot if the forecast stays as it is...Hows Chelsea btw after her off, hope she's ok.

Stuart

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Are you out and about Sunday Enoch, weather is forecast OK up to now. Me and a Mate are hoping for our usual scoot if the forecast stays as it is...Hows Chelsea btw after her off, hope she's ok.

Stuart
    I sold my XDiavel Zard exhaust to a chap from Bristol on condition that I fit it, and he’s going to be here Sunday so I’ll be stuck in the garage.

I know that Ash and a few others are out and about though.

Chelsea is fine, just peed off that she damaged her bike. Her dads looking for a dedicated track bike for her.👍

Just the slip on I assume, as I believe its quite a large job getting to the rear cylinder to remove the pipe.

Maybe I’ll bump into a Ash if we get out. Good to hear Chelseas only damage is to the bike.

Anyways, have fun with the Zard and catch up soon mate.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Yes it’s a slip on, and decat.

Belly pan off, remove battery, remove front ignition coils, remove all heat shields, loosen front pipe, Remove rear hugger, Remove exhaust valve actuator, remove cat, that’s about 1.5 to 2 hours.

Then fit new Y pipe and silencer, Re tighten front pipe, replace coils, fit healtech actuator eliminator, so we don’t get an error light on the dash, fit new silencer, Fit new carbon fibre hugger, Refit battery and belly pan..That’s another 2 hours.

First time I did it on my own bike it took 8 hours..🤪😱

Package from R&G arrived today containing fork sliders, bar end sliders, cotton reel bobbins and a sidestand extender. First two fitted before the heavens opened - hopefully I can get the other two done today as well!

Package from R&G arrived today containing fork sliders, bar end sliders, cotton reel bobbins and a sidestand extender. First two fitted before the heavens opened - hopefully I can get the other two done today as well!
    You are welcome to use my garage if you feel really keen. I can supply you with tea and biscuits!

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    You are welcome to use my garage if you feel really keen. I can supply you with tea and biscuits!
    Thanks Sam, but all sorted now (despite the usual drama whenever I attempt any DIY/maintenance myself )

Added a touch of colour to the Street Scrambler

Added a touch of colour to the Street Scrambler

I quite like that! Is it a wrap over the original screen?

I quite like that! Is it a wrap over the original screen?
    It's a cut vinyl over a triumph white painted screen done by a local place.

I wanted that as they'd not quite managed to match the white of the tank when doing a side panel, so this way it matches.

I did ask them to do and aluminium over black number board for me this time too, though they ended up doing black over aluminium. Oops.

Still, for £30 all in (I provided the Triumph hardware) I'm not complaining.

It is all a little bright though, and I have been asked if I've joined the EDL...

Blog Entries
    It's a cut vinyl over a triumph white painted screen done by a local place.

I wanted that as they'd not quite managed to match the white of the tank when doing a side panel, so this way it matches.

I did ask them to do and aluminium over black number board for me this time too, though they ended up doing black over aluminium. Oops.

Still, for £30 all in (I provided the Triumph hardware) I'm not complaining.

It is all a little bright though, and I have been asked if I've joined the EDL...
    Saw the picture yesterday and thought it looked great. Was thinking of getting one of the small screens for the Interceptor and thought that would look great. But reading about the comment regarding the EDL I'm not so sure now!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Saw the picture yesterday and thought it looked great. Was thinking of getting one of the small screens for the Interceptor and thought that would look great. But reading about the comment regarding the EDL I'm not so sure now!
    It was from a mate taking the wet though.

Now it's been done and I've had a chance to look at it on the bike, I reckon it would have worked better in black & grey.

The new side panel looks ok and I've still gone with the Kingsman tribute (as a cheaper option than buying the Triumph James Bond 007 Scrambler 1200), though with the Union Flag on the front I reckon it's a bit more Austin Powers...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Help please which way does a D30 body armour back protector go in?

I have searched for an answer to no avail.

Its the first time I will wear one in my new fabric jacket.

https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/mc-gear/mot...&utm_campaign=[DRA]%20-%20UK&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5ZK6_Yao7AIVyAkGAB07IgKwEA EYASACEgJVyPD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Help please which way does a D30 body armour back protector go in?

I have searched for an answer to no avail.

Its the first time I will wear one in my new fabric jacket.

https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/mc-gear/mot...&utm_campaign=[DRA]%20-%20UK&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5ZK6_Yao7AIVyAkGAB07IgKwEA EYASACEgJVyPD_BwE
    Smooth side out. The wavy side is for ventilation next to your body. But either way will work as a back protector.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Smooth side out. The wavy side is for ventilation next to your body. But either way will work as a back protector.
    Thank you I thought that would be the way but like to be sure.

I wear leather jackets normally and was worried by the thinness of the textile jacket at the back.

Now I am all set for my first winter riding in decades, only on sunny dry days mind.

I am very pleased with this jacket it will help a lot this winter.

https://wolf-moto.com/wolf-fortitude...le-jacket.html

Master

Bike related stuff

As some will recall, earlier in the year I treated my self to a bike lift, which I’ve put to good use, and really enjoyed having.

So much so that I’ve upgraded it to a more professional model from “pro bike”

I’ve given the old one to my best mate. A lifelong friend, that unfortunately was furloughed, and then made redundant. He’s currently looking for work, but finding it difficult, and just before he was finished he was going to buy a ramp but then pulled out due to the job loss.👎

He’s always worked in quarries. If anyone is looking for a reliable, hardworking, loyal employee, loader, dumper driver with years of experience in the N. West let me know.

In the meantime he can enjoy working on his Bonneville and ZXR750 with a little more ease, until he finds work.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic,I dream of a bike lift it outdoors transform my life working on my bike I just don’t have the space.

What a nice gesture Enoch, donating it to someone who needs it and will use it I’m sure.

Stuart

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    What a nice gesture Enoch, donating it to someone who needs it and will use it I’m sure.

Stuart

Cheers Stuart... Oh he’ll use it alright. A very handy guy on the spanners. He’s currently fuel injecting a 92 ZXR750 that he’s owned from new but was stored in my garage for the last 10 years.

He’s the type of chap that would do anything for me, and I for him, so it was an easy decision to try and help him out👍

Master
    That is so cool..😎😎😎^^^^

Master
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    That is so cool..^^^^
    Groundrush Id go as far an say cooler than a penguins ass!

Performance bikes often feature XR69 builds , might be worth keeping an eye out. The Blue ones look stunning as well.

Steve

Excellent build quality and a monster motor but didn't integrate to become a great motorcycle.

My Triumph is far poorer on paper but is far more comfortable and is just more coherent.

Excellent build quality and a monster motor but didn't integrate to become a great motorcycle.

My Triumph is far poorer on paper but is far more comfortable and is just more coherent.

In fairness you are comparing a cruiser to a mid-market offering from Triumph.

The Harley market is where the BMW is looking to compete.

Nice little TZ ride-out today - loving this bike
    Last edited by learningtofly; 11th October 2020 at 07:14.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    In fairness you are comparing a cruiser to a mid-market offering from Triumph.

The Harley market is where the BMW is looking to compete.
    What was it like in terms of power and handling?

As good as it looks is it better than the fxdr?