closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Banned
    We watched ep12 tonight, with 4 more episodes to go I'm not believing they will all live happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    We watched ep12 tonight, with 4 more episodes to go I'm not believing they will all live happily ever after.
    Just what we said at the end! It'll end in tears.

I have to say though, that I don't think I remember another series as inconsistant as TWD. The "character episodes" are just too self-indulgent IMO, and don't really add much to the overall story. I think they could cut a few episodes from each season, not lose much in terms of character development, and have a much better pace. (And I don't normally mind "slow-burners").

Master

Only 4 more episodes?? Jesus, it's only just started again.

I'm not seeing a big cliffhanger building up in 4 episodes - unless it'll just introduce the next baddie?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Only 4 more episodes?? Jesus, it's only just started again.

I'm not seeing a big cliffhanger building up in 4 episodes - unless it'll just introduce the next baddie?
    16 episodes, it took a break half way through and Monday was ep12, so only 4 to go. It really does need to kick in next week as it's been fairly lame since the break.

Master
    Even though we've had the 'apparently friendly commune turns into nightmare' scenario twice already with Woodbury and Terminus, I quite enjoyed this episode. Excellent to see Carol on top of her game. Unlike Daryl.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    Even though we've had the 'apparently friendly commune turns into nightmare' scenario twice already with Woodbury and Terminus, I quite enjoyed this episode. Excellent to see Carol on top of her game. Unlike Daryl.
    Yes, I'm hoping for something a little different, as it is getting a little repetitive. Even the hospital was a similar scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    Yes, I'm hoping for something a little different, as it is getting a little repetitive. Even the hospital was a similar scenario.
    Like what Rick said at the end of last nights episode !

16 episodes, it took a break half way through and Monday was ep12, so only 4 to go. It really does need to kick in next week as it's been fairly lame since the break.
    Yeah I was expecting great things but I have to say a little slow at the moment. I still look forward to it every week though.

They are also doing a spin off show

Master
    The spin-off should be good, at least they can alternate them and fans won't get withdrawal that way!

It'll be nice to have a blank canvas to work with, they have been sort of expected to stay close to the graphic novels in the main series, it will be interesting to see what happens when they catch up to the comics!
    So, 4 episodes left, I guess we'll meet either the Saviours or Hilltop - next season should be frantic action and blood and guts galore - I hope!

Banned
    The spin-off should be good, at least they can alternate them and fans won't get withdrawal that way!

It'll be nice to have a blank canvas to work with, they have been sort of expected to stay close to the graphic novels in the main series, it will be interesting to see what happens when they catch up to the comics!
    So, 4 episodes left, I guess we'll meet either the Saviours or Hilltop - next season should be frantic action and blood and guts galore - I hope!
    Yes 4 episodes to go, ep16 will be 90mins and will know doubt contain a cliffhanger for S6 at the end.

Master
    Ok so I know I am a bit late to the party but over the last 48 hours I've binged on the season second half and got myself up to speed.

As with some of the previous comments plot wise it's starting to feel a little samey - they get out of the dangers of the wild into a safe place that isn't quite what it seems. Not quite sure where else they can take the plot but there you go.

Quite like what they're doing with the development of some of the characters. Also loving the special effects which seem to have improved - the way some of those zombie heads come off looks very realistic.

As usual I'm hooked again and can't wait for the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I don't see this commune turning out like the others. They've all had the threat from within, I'm expecting a threat from outside this time, possibly vast numbers of walkers as it all seems a bit too quiet at the moment – the calm before the storm perhaps.

Maybe Rick and the group are the threat this time and will destroy something good. Although the scenario is a bit like the Stepford Wives I can see it unraveling as some type of genetic cleansing experiment to get the 'right' people in place to take civilisation back.
    The significance of the letters noticed by Rick e.g the 'W' on a walker and a different letter stamped on Rick at the party is an interesting one.
    Last edited by Martin123; 12th March 2015 at 12:14. Reason: Letters

Master
    The significance of the letters noticed by Rick e.g the 'W' on a walker and a different letter stamped on Rick at the party is an interesting one.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, good spot. I'm also quite enjoying watching Rick's character get more dehumanised over time.

Whatever way it nets out I think we'll have some gratuitous violence coming our way soon

Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    The significance of the letters noticed by Rick e.g the 'W' on a walker and a different letter stamped on Rick at the party is an interesting one.
    Ah yes, good spot. I'm also quite enjoying watching Rick's character get more dehumanised over time.

Whatever way it nets out I think we'll have some gratuitous violence coming our way soon[/QUOTE]

The letter A stamped on Rick has been used in previous episodes the signifcance is that it is linked with Terminus. Or could it be a red herring?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin123 View Post

The letter A stamped on Rick has been used in previous episodes the signifcance is that it is linked with Terminus. Or could it be a red herring?
    Wow you clearly know your stuff. I thought I knew a fair bit about the series but I take my hat off to you

Apprentice
    I agree - im not believing that either - great series.

Master
    Wouldn't fancy working in the special effects department though. Apparently to get the zombie look just right they have to go and study decomposing corpses. As the series has gone by they've made them look more and more decomposed.

Not a job for I think

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I don't see this commune turning out like the others. They've all had the threat from within, I'm expecting a threat from outside this time, possibly vast numbers of walkers as it all seems a bit too quiet at the moment – the calm before the storm perhaps.
    Yes the brown stuff is going to hit the fan pretty soon I reckon the last couple of episodes have been building towards that.

It has been very slow. The W and A marks could be something they will go on. But like others have said I think Rick will try take over the camp and it will all go a bit wrong

Master
    Last weeks glimpse of next weeks episode showed it all I think.
    The residents of the Alexandria Safe Zone have all gotten a bit soft, there will be a mass attack from a walker pack and they all go into Chocolate Teapot mode, leaving Rick and crew to defend the town.
    I don't think they will need to seize control - it will be handed to them. None of the folk behind the wall have a clue what it takes to survive.

Banned
    The residents of the Alexandria Safe Zone have all gotten a bit soft, there will be a mass attack from a walker pack and they all go into Chocolate Teapot mode, leaving Rick and crew to defend the town.
    I don't think they will need to seize control - it will be handed to them. None of the folk behind the wall have a clue what it takes to survive.
    Or is there a twist coming? we need something, as it's been well below par since returning from the winter break.

Master
    Or is there a twist coming? we need something, as it's been well below par since returning from the winter break.
    I agree it needs something to spice it up a little, it's been a bit too samey for a little while

Master
    SPOILER >>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>

The twist is the other camp(s) - there are three in the area, Hilltop, The Kingdom and Alexandria Safe Zone. I can't remember, but I've a feeling they all know about each other. The real impending threat is from The Saviors, a group of nutters made up of outcasts from the 'good' camps. We'll probably either meet them or at least have a nosey at them in the season finale.

As far as the letter 'W' on the walkers head - two days ago issue #138 of the comic/graphic novel was released and the new main character is Alpha, leader of The Whisperers. They are another group of survivors who dress as zombies, to the point of wearing their skin as masks (memories of Rick and Glenn in season 1 painting themselves in blood and guts to blend in with the walkers...).
    Now, what better way to identify your group amongst the walking dead than a nice visible 'W'? I'm only speculating, I've not read it yet.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...88198703,d.ZGU

Master

It would be very cool. At some point they are going to have to break away from the comics/novels, and this would be an ideal spot!

Master
    Thought the W was for 'Wolves' something that was scribbled on one of the walls when they went to look for Noah's parents when 'Cutty' got bitten in the previous episode.

Yes that's what I think as well there is no way they will finish this season with a whimper.

no-ahhh

Bloody hell Noah , mind that revolving door .....

interesting kettle terence

Read a nice little guess at a possible plot twist coming...

Rick's new tart is the abusive one, she beats the husband! Ol' blue eyes sheriff deputy is gonna kill the wrong 'un and it'll all kick off in the finale!

BTW I really thought Glenn was going get wankered, it's about time a major got cuffed

Well I am looking forward to it tonight. Hope it picks up a bit this week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    Well I am looking forward to it tonight. Hope it picks up a bit this week.
    Boy does it pick up, explosions, main characters killed and some choc cookies baked, but I'm saying nothing

I did not read the spoiler post that Kev wrote but have just realised from watching the episode again that the 'W' is probably a 'M'. Maybe Morgan?

Boy does it pick up, explosions, main characters killed and some choc cookies baked, but I'm saying nothing
    Yes Mum's the word !

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Read a nice little guess at a possible plot twist coming...

Rick's new tart is the abusive one, she beats the husband! Ol' blue eyes sheriff deputy is gonna kill the wrong 'un and it'll all kick off in the finale!

BTW I really thought Glenn was going get wankered, it's about time a major got cuffed
    Glen gets taken out by Negan

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Bloody hell Noah , mind that revolving door .....

interesting kettle terence
    The door was a major and clever issue... I thought someone was just going to sacrifice someone else to get out ;)

Master
    Blimey, I thought the "revolving door" comment was a metaphor for doing away with new characters. Great scene, that one.

Good stuff, next weeks looks like a good 'un as well.

The reverend needs sorting out asap!
    He's starting to get right on my wick.

Master
    Oh hell naw! Not Noah! One of the few supporting characters that I actually started to like.

That Father nonsense at the end was just another example of how badly written so much of this show is. Totally out of the blue. Wonder if Carol turns out to be wrong with her gut feeling about the drunk doctor. How on earth have these inept people managed to survive for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    The reverend needs sorting out asap!
    He's starting to get right on my wick.
    Yeah I reckon he will not have very long left. Great episode last night. It needed to pick up a bit.

Journeyman
    Oh hell naw! Not Noah! One of the few supporting characters that I actually started to like.

That Father nonsense at the end was just another example of how badly written so much of this show is. Totally out of the blue. Wonder if Carol turns out to be wrong with her gut feeling about the drunk doctor. How on earth have these inept people managed to survive for so long?

Are you even remotely serious?????

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TorGunnar View Post
    Are you even remotely serious?????

YES I AM

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    Yeah I reckon he will not have very long left. Great episode last night. It needed to pick up a bit.
    Agree - the vicar is being more than annoying. Hope he gets the chop soon.

It feels like its building to a nice, gruesome conclusion

I wonder how long we will have to wait for the new spin off series ?

Warming up nicely. Ricks warnings on being prepared and that humans are the ones to worry about have gone unheeded. Daryll has found evidence of deadly humans marking people with the W/M in among the walkers. I wonder if
    Carl's love interest is a scout for the outsiders?

It's certainly getting interesting after a slow start. I know can't wait to the next one and see who the humans are and what Michonne is up to.

Master
    Season finale next week. Here are my predictions.

There'll be a 'trial' for Rick, outcome will be that he is going to be exiled. Before this can be enforced, the 'W gang' will attack, Rick and his gang will show these softies how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    It's certainly getting interesting after a slow start. I know can't wait to the next one and see who the humans are and what Michonne is up to.
    I don't think Michonne is up to anything. I reckon last night was her putting the wild woman in her to bed and becoming a human being again. Rick was going to completely alienate "his" group from the others and she stepped in as deputy sheriff and smacked him down.

Of course, in the end Rick will be proven right, something will happen soon where he shows his mettle, Michonne and the others who are falling into the idealistic frame of mind will have to lift their game. Carol never lost it and Darryl will soon get his mojo back.

Master
    I still can't weigh up this 'W' malarky, although vaguely following the comics I reckon the ones with W in their heads are the Whisperers and Carls new pal is the leaders daughter.

Season finale next week. Here are my predictions.

There'll be a 'trial' for Rick, outcome will be that he is going to be exiled. Before this can be enforced, the 'W gang' will attack, Rick and his gang will show these softies how it's done.
    I reckon this is about right. It's an extended finale next week. Should be very interesting. I really hope the Vicar gets eaten !