closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

So, it's back .
    Back with a bang, hopefully.
    Looking forward to Wolfie s Leicester returning home from just outside Manchester with 3 points.
    Anyway, your team ? Hopes ? Aspirations? Chances of trophies ?
    Can anyone catch City ?
    Have Looneypool spent enough to catch up? Can Chelsea, with Sarri start to compete again?
    Everton ? Everton have spent big and have signed hundreds of players .
    Can Nited, Spurs, Arse, et al really hope to compete with TBFTTEGTFL.
    Wolves? . Fulham ? Both spent really well and have a great chance to stay up .
    Who will drop ?

Me? If City retain the title, I'd be happy .
    I despise the Champions League and the circus that surrounds it but I'd love us to win it.
    I'd prefer the FA Cup .

Anyway, over to you guys .

And girls , if you're a Nited fan .

Craftsman
    Very quick start but Leicester the better team since the early goal

Master
    United fan here (first time I’d seen the term Nited, though I’ve seen all your other slur names for rival clubs before) and my main concern this year is our main rivals closing the gap on us. It’s a real possibility this year in my view. If I was betting my money would still be on Man City, but Liverpool look good, and have bought well imo.

Master
    First time since PL started I have binned off Sky as it's become a bore fest over last few years. More teams worried about not getting relegated than anything exciting at the top of the league.
    Glad Leicester won a few years back but nothing like that will happen again.

Master
    Good start. Decent performance by the Foxes, and you can consider yourself unlucky to lose when you're beaten by a Luke Shaw goal, even if he is currently this season's leading Premier League goal scorer from open play.

Craftsman
    Good match. Looked like ManU would walk over them at start but back they came. I'll watch Spurs tonight but forget the 3.00PM matches as I need my sleep. I get Optus Sport in Australia so have access to every match of EPL, ECL and Europa. Shame is I'm in the wrong time zone so most of the time I watch the highlights.

Bored with it already. I just hope that Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea don't win the league, that Everton get relegated and Palace, Bournemouth and Fulham stay up.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Got my first away game of this season under my belt early, saw my lot (Palace) beat Fulham at Craven Cottage, good game and a great atmosphere in the away end this afternoon. Fulham play decent football. I think six of their starting eleven were new signings, once they get used to playing together they will be a decent side. Don't think that they will have too much difficulty in staying up this season.

As for my beloved Eagles, we must be the form team having won four of our last five Premier league games (albeit with a three month break between the last two games). Liverpool at home next up will be tough.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Just hoping Liverpool make the CL final and get beat again.

Master
    Blog Entries

Great start for us, Keita is a proper player. Sturridge looks to be back at his best too.

I also hope we make the CL final.

Fair play to City - putting that out for Maitland Niles. City looking very good - Arsenal still a work in progress but City look to be the best team over the first weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fair play to City - putting that out for Maitland Niles. City looking very good - Arsenal still a work in progress but City look to be the best team over the first weekend.
    I’m loathe to say it was routine for City but I always thought we could step it up if needed.
    I don’t think many teams will go to Arsenal and come away with 3 points, they will definitely improve. I loved the kid in midfield .

Usual start by West Ham, thrashed by Liverpool. Although seven new players we can't hope to compete with the big boys. It's like two leagues now in the Prem.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman

Great win for the boys tonight!

Craftsman
    Jose gone by Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Essexstu View Post
    Jose gone by Christmas?
    I hope not
    Those two deserve each other

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Essexstu View Post
    Jose gone by Christmas?
    Looked like he was saying goodbye last night.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Great win for the boys tonight!
    Agreed. But the first half Spurs performance was very poor - top 4 for sure but won’t take the title.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    United are usually not the knee-jerk sacking type, but something is clearly not right at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Agreed. But the first half Spurs performance was very poor - top 4 for sure but won’t take the title.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    We're playing far from our best at the moment, but a pre-season without any of our key players won't have helped. I'm happy to be getting points on the board whilst the squad gets fully up to speed, though, and wins will only add to the already high level of confidence.

I'm going to have a look at the new stadium today - I'm beyond excited about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I hope not
    Those two deserve each other
    ^ this

We're playing far from our best at the moment, but a pre-season without any of our key players won't have helped. I'm happy to be getting points on the board whilst the squad gets fully up to speed, though, and wins will only add to the already high level of confidence.

I'm going to have a look at the new stadium today - I'm beyond excited about it.
    That Lucas Moura looked a bit handy Tone. My eldest is Tottenham.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    That Lucas Moura looked a bit handy Tone. My eldest is Tottenham.
    He does, doesn't he? Yes, I remember you mentioning that, Neil.

Craftsman

Tottenham ST holder here, the new stadium looks out of this world, can't wait to take up my new (not so cheap ) seat soon.

Great performance Monday night, shaky start in the first half but am more than confident we'll get better and better as the season goes.

Another big game Sunday, against a much improved Watford team away. COYS

Arsenal fan here, kinda wanting Wenger back!!. No idea what he is trying to do, first game played ramsey behind PEA and Ozil in deep midfield!!, next 2 games he starts Iwobi!! Cech is well past his best and he understood this and got a keeper in that he does not play! none of it makes any sense. Torreira looks a good signing but he is on the bench every match. We need to play lacazette and pea together to have a decent chance of winning.

Liverpool look good and have spent well, I can only see them pushing city for the title. With the usual suspects fighting for the top 4.

Apprentice
    Yaya Toure to Arsenal? He’s old but Jesus Christ we need him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Arsenal fan here, kinda wanting Wenger back!!. No idea what he is trying to do, first game played ramsey behind PEA and Ozil in deep midfield!!, next 2 games he starts Iwobi!! Cech is well past his best and he understood this and got a keeper in that he does not play! none of it makes any sense. Torreira looks a good signing but he is on the bench every match. We need to play lacazette and pea together to have a decent chance of winning.

Liverpool look good and have spent well, I can only see them pushing city for the title. With the usual suspects fighting for the top 4.
    Leave Emery as he is, he's started well and doing a fine job at the moment for you lot.

Craftsman
    Wow how more Spursey can we get. Didn't even turn up Sunday and got what we deserved, bugger all. Fair play to Watford.

A quick catch up.
    Six games in and Liverpool have already won it, everyone else is playing for 2nd 😂😂. To be fair to the Dipoers, they do look strong. Our visit to the Cult HQ in a few weeks will be very interesting , especially if our bus gets there undamaged 😂
    City have yet to click and are still doing really well , the only game so far without three points was Wolves who will beat a lot of teams this season.
    Special mention to Colin W**ker and his bunch of goons who, when confronted with a half decent set up resort to type and boot the opposition. Hopefully, Cardiff will be relegated by Feb .
    Still liking Chelsea under Sarri. Jorghino looks the business and they will definitely challenge.
    Nited are doing what Nited have done for the last few years. They will always struggle whilst the ego is in charge, long may it continue;) .
    Spurs are as inconsistent as they've always been and will continue to do so . Stadium cock ups aside, there needs to be a change in the boardroom before Spurs can hopefully compete. Arsenal are another huge conundrum. Brilliant individuals but can they gel ?

Relegation could be very interesting this season .
    Please , please, please , please Cardiff . Joining them is not so straightforward. Huddersfield ? Burnley ? Crystal Palace ?

Mid table mediocrity is a safe haven and there will be a number of teams involved.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would like burnley to stay up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Man City looking strong, Chelsea doing well (wasnt sure which way they would go) and Liverpool not hitting top gear yet. Spurs lack of transfer activity showing and Man Utd peddling backwards with Arsenal.

Going to be a interesting season

Owl1
    Chelsea for me , Liverpool second place and man city third.

Journeyman

Premier League 2018-2019

Bye bye Newcastle.
    I have supported them since I could stand up.....
    Utterly pointless exercise these days. Wake up on a sunday morning here in NZ and hope I have good reason to watch the football highlights on Be in Sports.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Liverpool Man City top two Chelsea third
    Newcastle.....relegated.

Liverpool and Chelsea have looked exciting, Spurs incredibly dull.

West Ham is always exciting but in a bad way!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    Huddersfield are truly terrible…. How anyone could confuse Depoitre with being a PL striker is beyond me (stealing a living)…. They look doomed along with Cardiff

I really can’t make out my lot…. We won at a canter yesterday…. I don’t think we’ve hit our straps yet, but, are nestled in 8th…. Really looking forward to see how we develop…. Nacho man was MOTM yesterday and he had a belting game…. Interesting times ahead

The dippers look good, but, are they better…? It’s between you two this year I think

You can get 33/1 on Yernited

Craftsman
    Watching Cardiff against Manchester city on match of the day on catch up. I would love to know what watch Jermaine Jenas is wearing... looks very nice. Good to see Mahrez doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Hoping my lot CFC get the three points today against the irons but it’s a funny old game reckon the bottom three will stay just that top of the table is starting to see a real gap opening. Wolves are looking a solid outfit would have loved to have seen them beat Utd yesterday the same for Brighton against the spuds top four ? City, L pool, Chelsea and ?
    Happy if we get top four in truth and was hoping that we get an early exit from this Thursday night nonsense and concentrate on the league and FA cup.
    Last edited by mart broad; 23rd September 2018 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Hoping my lot CFC get the three points today against the irons but it’s a funny old game reckon the bottom three will stay just that top of the table is starting to see a real gap opening. Wolves are looking a solid outfit would have loved to have seen them beat Utd yesterday the same for Brighton against the spuds top four ? City, L pool, Chelsea and ?
    Happy if we get top four in truth and was hoping that we get an early exit from this Thursday night nonsense and concentrate on the league and FA cup.
    Really exciting game yesterday!

Both sides could have won it but I'm just happy we got a point from Chelsea TBH. Might have won it if Arnie had been playing.

At least we are looking better every week (couldn't have been much worse!) as the new team of players bed in.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    Really exciting game yesterday!

Both sides could have won it but I'm just happy we got a point from Chelsea TBH. Might have won it if Arnie had been playing.

At least we are looking better every week (couldn't have been much worse!) as the new team of players bed in.
    CFC all little triangles, tippy tappy and patterns bottom line? nothing in the final third and could and should have lost it what a miss Oh for another Drogba or Costa.
    Got an interesting next two games not so much bothered about the cup game but the league one could be even at this early stage a defining one.

Will be Liverpool and City 1st and 2nd, prob City will win it again they have a much better squad, a few injuries and Liverpool could struggle. I see those 2 being miles ahead of the chase for 3rd and 4th. Arsenal have started to win but still seem to lack any shape, no one sits deep we break and everyone just goes up front! It was a bit painful at times watching us yesterday but we won, so not all bad. Our defence is still a huge liability tho.

Craftsman
    Liverpool and Chelsea have looked exciting, Spurs incredibly dull.

West Ham is always exciting but in a bad way!
    Spurs incredible dull ? See your a west ham supporter. Explains the comment. You'd love to be as dull as us.

Missed Sunday's game for your lot but sounds as if you did OK? Always seem to get up for the London derbies West ham do. Good result V Chelsea on their current form.

Think Spurs haven't even played well apart from the 2nd half at United but dull, We'll see long way to go yet.

Master
    Man City 1st Cardiff last and rest somewhere inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Spurs incredible dull ? See your a west ham supporter. Explains the comment. You'd love to be as dull as us.

Missed Sunday's game for your lot but sounds as if you did OK? Always seem to get up for the London derbies West ham do. Good result V Chelsea on their current form.

Think Spurs haven't even played well apart from the 2nd half at United but dull, We'll see long way to go yet.
    My eldest is Tottenham and he said the games against Watford and Liverpool were a bit dull.

Not a great start but when Kane starts scoring I'll certainly get him in my FF team.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    My eldest is Tottenham and he said the games against Watford and Liverpool were a bit dull.

Not a great start but when Kane starts scoring I'll certainly get him in my FF team.
    ST Holder and must say the game against Watford was very poor mate. The best start we have had to a season in the last 3 years. Believe it or not.

Looking forward to a more competitive season all round then last season anyway.

Master
    Searched for a football thread and found this.

Game just started, Man U already losing 2 nil at home, talk on the news all day about Mourinho being sacked regardless of the result. Board have denied it.

Surely he’ll be gone if they lose this one? His interviews have become more irrational and like he’s living in cuckoo land. My guess is he wants to be sacked for a supposed 12m payoff.

(yes a fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Searched for a football thread and found this.

Game just started, Man U already losing 2 nil at home, talk on the news all day about Mourinho being sacked regardless of the result. Board have denied it.

Surely he’ll be gone if they lose this one? His interviews have become more irrational and like he’s living in cuckoo land. My guess is he wants to be sacked for a supposed 12m payoff.

(yes a fan).
    Phew!

(another fan)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Phew!

(another fan)

Yes phew - but will hindsight tell us it would have been better to lose and end the pain sooner?

ZZ to the rescue?

Master
    The ref may have just saved Mourinhos job. Stonewall penalty for the Ashley Young handball and if it had gone 3-0 I really couldn't see Man U getting back into the game the way it was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yes phew - but will hindsight tell us it would have been better to lose and end the pain sooner?

ZZ to the rescue?
    The best times in my memory are Busby, Docherty, Ferguson, all Jocks. Where’s the Scottish messiah?

And only God knows why Mata exists on the Bench.

Last edited by BillyCasper; 6th October 2018 at 21:16.