closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

The Fraser Hart I dealt with were excellent.
    They were clear that it was a central buy (60 in the first batch) nationally that their buyer had secured from Tudor, and all the ADs were in a strict queue to acquire them from HQ.
    BTW the blue NATO is from the BB Blue, I have had one for ages (bought here), and I wear it on my Pelagos quite regularly. It was not supplied with the watch (which I got on bracelet).
    As stated before, the Black (with red stripe) NATO that Tudor also offer for the BBGMT can be bought separately from an AD for £150. There is a month waiting list for the strap, apparently
    Note also that the Crafter Blue Rubber (see above) which is sold as a BB strap only, does not fit the Pelagos at all, which is a shame. But the lug holes on the Pelago are a lot closer to the case than on the BB.

Dave

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by You Only Live Twice View Post
    Good to see these are in the wild and I think Sweets blue nato looks awesome.
    My local Goldsmiths are struggling to get any in but had a long chat the other day and was told that all Tudor models (with the exception of the rubber Pelegos) no longer come with a free alternative strap since the start of June, so only the current stock will have that extra perk, shame.
    I am sixth on the list and will probably miss the first round but she said she would still call me to come in and have a look at the first batch they get. She seemed genuinely annoyed that head office had sent out their first batch but her store had not got even one.

Would you believe I am no 5 on the list at Goldsmiths Nottingham!!!

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Do Tudor send direct to the AD? Or do they send a large number to goldsmiths HQ and then head office at goldsmiths choose which stores to send to? Strangely the girl in my store didn’t know the answer to this.

I know of at least a couple of people who have had theirs from goldsmiths but Glasgow have received none.
    That's the impression that I get. Tudor send a batch to Goldsmiths HQ (Watches of Switzerland are in the same group), who then send them out to stores. Like I said, my local branch were noticeable peeved at not getting any. Bearing in mind there are only three Tudor AD's in the east midlands and the only one available to view was on a Nato in Derby.
    Last edited by You Only Live Twice; 17th June 2018 at 16:24.

Journeyman
    That's the impression that I get. Tudor send a batch to Goldsmiths HQ (Watches of Switzerland are in the same group), who then send them out to stores. Like I said, my local branch were noticeable peeved at not getting any. Bearing in mind there are only three Tudor AD's in the east midlands and the only one available to view was on a Nato in Derby.
    I got the same impression as well, they thought that they might get 5 watches next and not everyone will have one, so you might get one yet :-)

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    I got the same impression as well, they thought that they might get 5 watches next and not everyone will have one, so you might get one yet :-)

Scottie
    Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    The Fraser Hart I dealt with were excellent.
    They were clear that it was a central buy (60 in the first batch) nationally that their buyer had secured from Tudor, and all the ADs were in a strict queue to acquire them from HQ.
    BTW the blue NATO is from the BB Blue, I have had one for ages (bought here), and I wear it on my Pelagos quite regularly. It was not supplied with the watch (which I got on bracelet).
    As stated before, the Black (with red stripe) NATO that Tudor also offer for the BBGMT can be bought separately from an AD for £150. There is a month waiting list for the strap, apparently
    Note also that the Crafter Blue Rubber (see above) which is sold as a BB strap only, does not fit the Pelagos at all, which is a shame. But the lug holes on the Pelago are a lot closer to the case than on the BB.

Dave
    For some reason I’d not thought about a NATO on my Pelagos, be interested to see that.

Blog Entries
    I like these . But no way would pay over list. I’ll wait 3 / 6 / 12? months to get one at list. No rush.

Master
    I concur with those who think the NATO, though looking good, is overpriced.

Tudor’s pricing of this model says the NATO is worth as much as the leather deployant, and the bracelet only commands a premium of £220 over the NATO.

That strap looks good but I think you could pick up one equally as impressive for £50 or less. And who really cares if it doesn’t have Tudor stamped on the buckle?

Here’s another wrist shot of the 58:

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by NickRed71; 18th June 2018 at 07:57.

Master
    [QUOTE=NickRed71;4797914]
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Me too, especially this one the Trident MN (picture lifted from her own site)

Yes agreed, the NATO version prices the same as the leather deployant and only £220 less than bracelet seems to overprice the NATO. It’s nice looking but I think you could pick up one equally as impressive for £50 or less. And who really cares if it doesn’t have Tudor stamped on the buckle?

Here’s another wrist shot of the 58:

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    That's just a peach. Got a shot with more of strap showing?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Scottie
    Hi Scottie,

Have you heard anything yet from Goldsmiths?

Hi Scottie,

Still heard nothing from goldsmiths braehead

Craftsman
    Think I will pay a visit to Rox to reserve the GMT and 58, they are equally, outstanding watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    Think I will pay a visit to Rox to reserve the GMT and 58, they are equally, outstanding watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And very very different from one another despite both being black bay variants

Journeyman
    Hi Scottie,

Rang on Friday, nothing yet, but imminent!! They think they might be getting 6 or 7 in, so i reckon you will be lucky,
    I shall ring again next week.

Scottie

Rang on Friday, nothing yet, but imminent!! They think they might be getting 6 or 7 in, so i reckon you will be lucky,

Scottie
    What branch Scottie

Journeyman
    What branch Scottie
    Nottingham, Victoria centre,
    I know Goldsmiths come in for some flak, but my experience with them with previous purchases is pretty good, and encountered people that actually know what they are talking about!!!
    Fingers crossed for next week 😀

Scottie

Scottie
    Thanks for the update, I will pop in on Friday and have another little chat. I am off to Saville on the 10th July and back on the 17th. Need to know they will hang on to one for me if they show up then.

Got call. Collecting on Saturday. Would love to see some pics of Erika’s original MT on it if anyone has one? The trident navy with red stripe one?

Also little nugget I found interesting - the Tudor bezel is 48 click which allows for use in those time zones with half hours. To my knowledge the new Rolex is 24 so cant do this? Is that correct or was AD giving me bum info (wouldn’t be the first time 🤣)

Banned
    Got call. Collecting on Saturday. Would love to see some pics of Erika’s original MT on it if anyone has one? The trident navy with red stripe one?

Also little nugget I found interesting - the Tudor bezel is 48 click which allows for use in those time zones with half hours. To my knowledge the new Rolex is 24 so cant do this? Is that correct or was AD giving me bum info (wouldn’t be the first time 藍)
    Yes, just tried mine and it has 48 clicks.

I believe even the Rolex 6542 had a 48 click bezel spring. Some AD sales rep has a vivid imagination and very little historical knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    I believe even the Rolex 6542 had a 48 click bezel spring. Some AD sales rep has a vivid imagination and very little historical knowledge.
    It’s goldsmiths 🤪
    Tho I did think the 116710 ceramic gmt master II had only 24 when released

Also little nugget I found interesting - the Tudor bezel is 48 click which allows for use in those time zones with half hours. To my knowledge the new Rolex is 24 so cant do this? Is that correct or was AD giving me bum info (wouldn’t be the first time 藍)
    Lucky lad. Can I ask where? I was in WoS Glasgow again on Saturday and I'm "top 3" apparently. Nipped down to Laings in the Argyle centre and they're saying around Christmas with a deposit. I'll stick where I am i think.

I'm also going for the MN strap, it looks near perfect.

Just looked on Rolex website and the user guide says to set for Tokyo using Geneva as base time is 8 hrs adjustment, and they say to rotate the bezel 8 notches which does suggest 24 clicks for full rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    Lucky lad. Can I ask where? I was in WoS Glasgow again on Saturday and I'm "top 3" apparently. Nipped down to Laings in the Argyle centre and they're saying around Christmas with a deposit. I'll stick where I am i think.

I'm also going for the MN strap, it looks near perfect.
    Was nr1 on the branch list (although the chain centralize all enquiries to form one list) so Nr1 in branch could mean Nr79 nationwide. For info it was Goldsmiths Braehead

Was nr1 on the branch list (although the chain centralize all enquiries to form one list) so Nr1 in branch could mean Nr79 nationwide. For info it was Goldsmiths Braehead
    Ah, thanks. Yeah, he did say that they get an allocation but doesn't know how many. I rarely venture to Braehead, but good to hear yours has landed

LOL at “waterproofness.” Is that even a word?

Nolo contendere on the “8 notches.” Maybe that refers to clicks, maybe that refers to bezel position. Don’t know, don’t care. Someone with that model can chime in.

I’ve never handled any of these, especially a 6542. All I know is from the articles that asserted Rolex replaced a 60-click spring from the Turn-O-Graph with a 48-click spring to create the initial Pan Am GMT-Masters.

LOL at “waterproofness.” Is that even a word?

Nolo contendere on the “8 notches.” Maybe that refers to clicks, maybe that refers to bezel position. Don’t know, don’t care. Someone with that model can chime in.

I’ve never handled any of these, especially a 6542. All I know is from the articles that asserted Rolex replaced a 60-click spring from the Turn-O-Graph with a 48-click spring to create the initial Pan Am GMT-Masters.
    Yes it’s a word.

Craftsman
    Goldsmiths Eldon Sq, Newcastle have only had 1 so far, and I'm not first on the list so still waiting impatiently here in the North East.

Seems his knowledge was correct, his imagination was in check, and Rolex’s use of the word “waterproofness” was correct. Triple whammy huh.

Master
    Yup, my Rolex Pepsi is 24 clicks...

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Yup, my Rolex Pepsi is 24 clicks...
    Thanks for confirming - and grats on the watch you lucky thing!

Master
    Thanks for confirming - and grats on the watch you lucky thing!
    Thank you. No safe-queen either, it's off on its holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Thank you. No safe-queen either, it's off on its holidays...
    You’ll be fine as long as it’s not London apparently

Master
    Nope...

Seems his knowledge was correct, his imagination was in check, and Rolex’s use of the word “waterproofness” was correct. Triple whammy huh.
    Oh, the shame, the shame. I’m off to hide under a rock after I’ve finished doing my back in with a whip and deleted all my social media accounts.

Mine has arrived. Picking it up on Monday.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the update, I will pop in on Friday and have another little chat. I am off to Saville on the 10th July and back on the 17th. Need to know they will hang on to one for me if they show up then.
    If you have popped in today, I would love to know how you got on

Scottie

Am still herestickers still on itoh and a coffin too....

Oh, the shame, the shame. I’m off to hide under a rock after I’ve finished doing my back in with a whip and deleted all my social media accounts.
    You seem wound up? Everything ok there?

Craftsman
    There is one available at Harrods today if anyone is interested....

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    There is one available at Harrods today if anyone is interested....
    I hope you aren’t talking about the display model that isn’t for sale? That catches a lot of people out.

Initial impressions very very good. Love everything about it. The domed crystal has that gorgeous distortion thing going onthe proportions feel right and the bezel colours seem perfect to me the beveled edge to the case side somehow makes it wear better than the normal black bay imho and the coffin was included gmt alignment spot on as you’d expect

You seem wound up? Everything ok there?
    The usual summertime melodrama from childish adults in my HOA (I sit on the Board). Never a dull moment. Just picked up spent prophylactic and wrapper from the parking lot of our community pool (where children walk by). :(

Is it martini o'clock yet? :}

Oh, thanks for those pics, Rustybin5. Loverly.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 6th July 2018 at 18:25.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I hope you aren’t talking about the display model that isn’t for sale? That catches a lot of people out.
    No they wouldmt call me about any freaking display model dude

Blog Entries
    Those pictures make this model even more appealing. I’d have to put a non-refundable 50% deposit down for local FH ADs at the moment. So will probably postpone until next year once the feeding frenzie has calmed down.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Those pictures make this model even more appealing. I’d have to put a non-refundable 50% deposit down for local FH ADs at the moment. So will probably postpone until next year once the feeding frenzie has calmed down.
    one freely available at Harrods today Bruh

Master
    Initial impressions very very good. Love everything about it. The domed crystal has that gorgeous distortion thing going onthe proportions feel right and the bezel colours seem perfect to me the beveled edge to the case side somehow makes it wear better than the normal black bay imho and the coffin was included gmt alignment spot on as you’d expect
    Thats a thing of beauty!

Just tried it on a leather - def strap monster detected. Erika’s MT trident ordered too lol

This one

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    No they wouldmt call me about any freaking display model dude
    Calm down dear. If you turned it down it will just go to the next person on the waiting list.