closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humanity, sometimes I despair

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    It is sign of the times, everyone wants their own shill and being employed is not trendy or insta worthy, I couldn't be arsed with it but if its a road to a better life then good on them.
    Agreed, I just wonder how a mortgage lender might view it for example.

Bit tragic though people watch him driving around trawling for tat to resell but heck if it leads to better things etc.

Good luck to the man in my view. If I put something up for free it would be because I couldn't be bothered to sell it, take it to the chharity shop or take it to the tip. Anyone taking it away would be doing me a favour. This guy took the chance that the crack was merely cosmetic so that was an investment of a sort. He also spent time and money going to collect.

If you want to be sure of something going to a worthy cause, take it to a charity shop (when they're open of course)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Good luck to the man in my view. If I put something up for free it would be because I couldn't be bothered to sell it, take it to the chharity shop or take it to the tip. Anyone taking it away would be doing me a favour. This guy took the chance that the crack was merely cosmetic so that was an investment of a sort. He also spent time and money going to collect.

If you want to be sure of something going to a worthy cause, take it to a charity shop (when they're open of course)
    like he/she said.

Craftsman
    One man’s rubbish is another man’s treasure.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I have a more sinister story that is worth reading for everyone....

I had a car about 5 years ago that developed a complex intermittent electrical issue that resisted all attempts to fix. I put £800 into diagnostics / car electrics guys etc. but the issue would creep back in from time to time. Maybe 5 times a year and then the car would go into a 'safe mode'. Was an issue in the wiring loom I was told. The car (without any issues) was probably worth £3000 so I advertised it online with the issue declared for spares/repairs and sold it off for about a grand.

A guy bought the car off me, he travelled from a long way up the county to buy the car and we met in my local train station carpark. He told me he was going to use the car for parts for a near identical car he owned. When the car was sold the issue was not present but I warned him to be careful and make sure he had support for the drive home.

The car was sold about 2 weeks later for close to the £3000.

From that time I decided I will never buy a car privately unless I know the seller personally.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I don’t see why it’s a big issue.
    OP gives something away to save the hassle of going to the tip to throw it in a skip. Bloke takes it.
    Who cares if he is selling it or living in it or storing pigmy hippos in it???
    No, it wasn’t to save the hassle of going to the tip. I’ve made numerous trips back and forth to the tip lately (all of half a mile in each direction) getting rid of a lot of crap in my garage.
    I offered it because even if it wasn’t of any use as a fish tank, it could still be used to keep reptiles in it. Had it gone to the tip, it would have been smashed to pieces because the little shop that is there has been closed since the start of covid.
    What pissed me off with this guy is the fact he lied about it. He told me he has miniature turtles and he wanted it for them. He never even took it out of the box before advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    And now on eBay , current bid £50.

item number 294102621957.
    Up to £72 now - the plot thickens! I it’s a fair bit of work making money out of eBay even if you have decent stuff to sell !

Ever been to a car boot sale and the guys that turn up at 530 am - then they are hovering over your car when your parking up! Cheeky so and so’s, they don’t care like this guy he is just taking a chance, not stealing or technically ripping anyone off (other than the lies about the miniature tortoise story) just a wheeler dealer dodgy guy