closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have any shooters here.

Do we have any shooters here.

After a short lay off from shooting, about 35 years I have taken the hobby back up and bought a new air pistol, all the clubs seem to be shut for obvious reasons so have also bought a pellet catcher and had a few goes in the back garden, I cant for the life of me remember why I stopped, its a fantastic way to spend a couple of hours.

Master
    Yes , only Shotguns tho.

Craftsman
    What air pistol did you buy?

I have been a keen air pistol shooter for many years.
    Think it’s one of the most difficult of all the shooting sports.

Yes. Love them. S1 firearms and Shotguns mostly. Looking forward to the ranges opening up again soon so I can try my new(ish) AR15.

Master
    I've shot a little in the past, mainly shotgun and interested in starting again. I contacted my local club and then Covid happened. Hoping they have some spaces in the summer. I'm planning to try air pistol and rifle this time.

I went for the Sig Sauer P226 due to the blowback actually cocking the pistol and not for show.

Do any of you shoot pigeons?

I shoot mainly shotgun but the lockdown gave me the opportunity to dig the old air rifle out and have a plink .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    You won’t find the murderer that easy I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    You won’t find the murderer that easy I’m afraid.
    Murderer?

Master
    50m rifle, to international level. Semi retired now - kids mess up the travel / time requirements to be competing at that level

Still do a little centrefire pistol

This is the 50m rifle range at Bisley

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    Murderer?
    Yes. There has been a murder.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...194-RIP-pigeon

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    50m rifle, to international level. Semi retired now - kids mess up the travel / time requirements to be competing at that level

Still do a little centrefire pistol

This is the 50m rifle range at Bisley

Thats some kit

HAHA sorry I shouldnt laugh.........RIP Pigeon, bet it was Dick Dastardly

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I used to. When I was in Germany many years ago I often went out shooting pigeons with a German friend. We would sit in a hide and wait till they landed then blast away, we would regularly bag upto a 100 a day and Deitrich's mother would cook up roast pigeon, pigeon pie, pigeon soup, pigeon bloody everything.
    I've done a bit in UK but I went off killing things, although I've got no qualms about it I don't really enjoy eating what I kill.

I couldnt get it from my house using this

20210227_111808 by danger_mouse1964, on Flickr

I couldnt get it from my house using this

20210227_111808 by danger_mouse1964, on Flickr
    A great pistol (speaking from limited experience). Where are you geographically to allow you to shoot it?

Edit: I was being daft. UK military I presume? 💪💪💪
    Last edited by Kirk280; 27th February 2021 at 19:19.

I went for the Sig Sauer P226 due to the blowback actually cocking the pistol and not for show.
    Nice one - I had a real P226 back in the day before handguns got banned, fabulous pistol.

Have a couple CO2 lurking around incl. a full auto M4 carbine which remains unfired.

A great pistol (speaking from limited experience). Where are you geographically to allow you to shoot it?

Edit: I was being daft. UK military I presume? 
    I am ex military (Light infantry) but realistically you can shoot this on any private land, it is a genuine Sig but its the .177 airgun version so you can shoot in your garden.
    As daft as it sounds, it feels like a 9mm with the blowback it just feels nice to fire.
    Last edited by Dangermouse64; 27th February 2021 at 19:36.

I am ex military (Light infantry) but realistically you can shoot this on any private land, it is a genuine Sig but its the .177 airgun version so you can shoot in your garden.
    Serves me right for not reading the thread properly...I thought it was the ‘real thing’!

I used to train with blow-back pistols and they look and feel like the ‘real deal - and are genuinely scary when pointed in one’s face!

(Off to Google .177 Sig P226s now....the wife will kill me though)

I'm an air rifle shooter and have too many really, I like the older Weihrauch and Air Arms 80's/90's springers, top quality guns and when set up right are insanely accurate.

This is my favourite, 1986 Airmasters FTS77 a very rare bird -

For back gardens I think the Feinwerkbau 300/S is a brilliant 10m target gun, open sights zero recoil from the sled system and loads of fun, here is mine from 1970, it needed some love when I bought it but is back shooting superbly now.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Shotgun and Section One. Prefer lever action rifles and revolvers but have bolt actions and semi autos etc. as well as air rifles and pistols.

Perhaps Greasemonkey will be along, he has something with rather a large bore that some might find interesting!

Latest acquisition, Uberti replica of Colt .44 Single Action Army.

Last edited by oldoakknives; 27th February 2021 at 19:55.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Serves me right for not reading the thread properly...I thought it was the ‘real thing’!

I used to train with blow-back pistols and they look and feel like the ‘real deal - and are genuinely scary when pointed in one’s face!

(Off to Google .177 Sig P226s now....the wife will kill me though)

Its not a replica, it is the real thing made by Sig as they dont allow anyone else to make them, the only difference is, its an airgun and not 9mm and the price is very reasonable, in the 80s a squaddie wasnt issued a side arm like they are today, but we did train with them for a day LOL and it was normally a P226

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Yes. Shotgun and Section One. Prefer lever action rifles and revolvers but have bolt actions and semi autos etc. as well as air rifles.

That is gorgeous, they sell a replica CO2 version "The John Wayne" but its not something I would buy as its too finickey to load up

Yep, keen shotgun shooter here. Clay competitions every weekend, and then a bit of tweed in the winter months.

Any TZ-ers need a hand controlling pigeons?

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I'm an air rifle shooter and have too many really, I like the older Weihrauch and Air Arms 80's/90's springers, top quality guns and when set up right are insanely accurate.

This is my favourite, 1986 Airmasters FTS77 a very rare bird -

For back gardens I think the Feinwerkbau 300/S is a brilliant 10m target gun, open sights zero recoil from the sled system and loads of fun, here is mine from 1970, it needed some love when I bought it but is back shooting superbly now.

Both stunning, I am thinking of a nice rifle but the Air Arms Alfa is looking more like my next gun for target

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Yep, keen shotgun shooter here. Clay competitions every weekend, and then a bit of tweed in the winter months.

Any TZ-ers need a hand controlling pigeons?
    Have you controlled any in the last 24hrs

Master
    Ok you got me interested now!
    Like the idea of using one in the garden to start and try out. Any recommendations and things I definitely shouldn’t do?

Have done clay pigeon a few times and really enjoyed it. Went to a stag do where we were ‘taught’ by the Czech Olympic team - but they spoke zero English and we spoke no useful Czech so we were rubbish!!

Master
    Those FWB 300S’ are a brilliant gun. Accurate as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Ok you got me interested now!
    Like the idea of using one in the garden to start and try out. Any recommendations and things I definitely shouldn’t do?

Have done clay pigeon a few times and really enjoyed it. Went to a stag do where we were ‘taught’ by the Czech Olympic team - but they spoke zero English and we spoke no useful Czech so we were rubbish!!
    No real rules in your garden apart from the obvious, dont fool around as in close proximity they can be lethal, get a pellet catcher target and just enjoy

Master

If anyone is considering buying a field target rifle I may be interested in selling mine. It’s completely unique and was designed and assembled for me by Simon Gibbon when he was with Daystate.

Custom stock, knee rest, tripod Mount, shoulder hook, perfect adjustable trigger. Currently fitted with a leopold parallaxing scope modified to x50 premier reticles and big wheel.

When I started using it I won, I moved to london and now I can use it.

Don’t have a price yet but it cost me over £2.5k

Last edited by joe narvey; 27th February 2021 at 20:29.

Master
    Blog Entries
    OOK - I got one of those for Christmas, lovely little thing.

Bam bam - in your garden, you need to be sure of your backstop - if you miss the target, where will the pellet go? If you can avoid being overlooked, so much the better. I’d go for CO2 or single-stroke pneumatic for an air pistol, will be up to about £20p (the Colt Peacemaker was £210)

Show your Guns and Watches would be a good thread as they seem to go Hand in Hand lol. Or shall we just do it on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Show your Guns and Watches would be a good thread as they seem to go Hand in Hand lol. Or shall we just do it on here?
    Brilliant idea, get a new thread started whilst I get a photo sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Those FWB 300S’ are a brilliant gun. Accurate as hell.
    Thanks, it’s actually the 300 non S so an early gun 1970, there all much the same though, they are engineered so well that this must have been a revelation back then.

I was looking on your website at the rests that just slide on, might have to get one soon..

Master
    Shooting day out for the fundraiser?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Shooting day out for the fundraiser?
    I would be up for it if its a weekend day as I work 12hr nights

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Thanks, it’s actually the 300 non S so an early gun 1970, there all much the same though, they are engineered so well that this must have been a revelation back then.

I was looking on your website at the rests that just slide on, might have to get one soon..
    A lot of our local clubs still use them for juniors, they were streets ahead at the time. Getting spares is a pain now, but they’re pretty reliable anyway.

Yep ,air rifle H.F.T. a few years ago still do a bit now and then ,mainly clay's nowadays along with a bit of back yard pistol plinking.

Brilliant idea, get a new thread started whilst I get a photo sorted.
    Ok. I'll need daylight so do it tomorrow.

Craftsman
    My air gun trip started with the Gat gun when I was probably 10, 11 years old. I'm sure we can all remember these.
    and since then my love of them ain't stopped since.
    As you can tell I love the military style guns and over the years I've had some cracking guns.

Here is just a few what I have owned in the past.
    From a gun power Stealth, to full scale replica of an air soft AR15 to a HK Co2.
    I know now we have a lot of limits placed on us but if you have a good size garden and some proper pellet stops set up there is some great guns our there for plinking.

And to end with was the biggest gun of all! But minus the rocket obviously!!

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk

Master
    AYA No.2 Sidelock

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Ok. I'll need daylight so do it tomorrow.
    Done it Harry, quoted you as the person in charge haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    My air gun trip started with the Gat gun when I was probably 10, 11 years old. I'm sure we can all remember these.
    and since then my love of them ain't stopped since.
    As you can tell I love the military style guns and over the years I've had some cracking guns.

Here is just a few what I have owned in the past.
    From a gun power Stealth, to full scale replica of an air soft AR15 to a HK Co2.
    I know now we have a lot of limits placed on us but if you have a good size garden and some proper pellet stops set up there is some great guns our there for plinking.

And to end with was the biggest gun of all! But minus the rocket obviously!!

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk
    In my years in the army I have used the Sig for a brief few minutes, but I did get time with the ultimate assault rifle ever produced, albeit a heavy walk around, the SLR then the Government decided a smaller round was the order so we all got the SA-80 plastic fantastic, very quiet and in my opinion shite, but it fired and thats all that counted, my absolute favourite was the GPMG so long as I wasnt carrying it lol but the SLR was a beast, if it hit target, target stopped, simple and effective

Master
    Yes. Shotgun and Section One. Prefer lever action rifles and revolvers but have bolt actions and semi autos etc. as well as air rifles and pistols.

Perhaps Greasemonkey will be along, he has something with rather a large bore that some might find interesting!

Latest acquisition, Uberti replica of Colt .44 Single Action Army.c/nVKVsT0p/IMG-3674.jpg[/IMG]
    that pistol is a thing of beauty ,did you mean this. ..i havent fired this cannon yet though..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 27th February 2021 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    do you mean thishavent fired it yet though.. but i have fired this.https://youtu.be/MsT3j1E8tmE.
    Bet that hurt your shoulder............lol

I have shot since I was a lad (11) and find it really relaxing. I mainly collect and shoot ex service rifles over iron sights.

I have thought about getting something similar, I am not a fan of gallery shooting but a black power pistol might make small bore a bit more interesting for me.
    My main club is a mixed discipline club so we shoot full bore, small bore, shotgun etc. So partake in most types of shooting and own a selection of weapons to use. I do prefer full bore longish range shooting though. (300-600m)

Craftsman
    The SLR was a great rifle.
    The MK1 SA80 was not fit for purpose although the upgrades have made it better.
    In my years in the army I have used the Sig for a brief few minutes, but I did get time with the ultimate assault rifle ever produced, albeit a heavy walk around, the SLR then the Government decided a smaller round was the order so we all got the SA-80 plastic fantastic, very quiet and in my opinion shite, but it fired and thats all that counted, my absolute favourite was the GPMG so long as I wasnt carrying it lol but the SLR was a beast, if it hit target, target stopped, simple and effective

Master
    Bet that hurt your shoulder............lol
    you might find this youtube video interesting.the charge was several ounces of black powder and 12 ounces of shot.a light load in deference to its great age..https://youtu.be/MsT3j1E8tmE
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 27th February 2021 at 21:56.

Does this count?

These days I just have two Rugers for home defense: a .380 and a 9mm.

Both of them include an extended 10-round magazine: