closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home insurance to cover 50k watches and bags

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    M&S premier cover, covers any individual item up to £15k as long as the total of those items doesn’t exceed £50k
    As above and you don't have to specify the items, so it gives some flexibility if you move things in and out of your collection........ Of course it all depends on individual circumstances if £15k max per item and an overall valuables limit of £50k is right. I just renewed and the premium increased by 30% on last year but when I checked there was no comparable policy for less.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    As above and you don't have to specify the items, so it gives some flexibility if you move things in and out of your collection........ Of course it all depends on individual circumstances if £15k max per item and an overall valuables limit of £50k is right. I just renewed and the premium increased by 30% on last year but when I checked there was no comparable policy for less.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

Master
    M&S is the most flexible out there if you stick to the limits. It is also cheap.

Master
    Literally just done mine, all done through A-Plan now called Howdens- 5k individual item cover away from the home, unspecified so no listing individual items.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    M&S is the most flexible out there if you stick to the limits. It is also cheap.
    I can't agree more. It's a great deal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I left them last year. Iiirc, if you don't have your watches in an officially approved insurance safe, they aren't covering them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I left them last year. Iiirc, if you don't have your watches in an officially approved insurance safe, they aren't covering them.
    Is this a new clause? Reviewed my policy documents in light of your comments for a policy started last summer and no mention of a safe I can see… Would be a shame as I have insured with them for several years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Is this a new clause? Reviewed my policy documents in light of your comments for a policy started last summer and no mention of a safe I can see… Would be a shame as I have insured with them for several years.
    This is back last June. I was pouring through the details on a new quote and I realised that I hadn't been insured for the previous year. Have a right good look. This was on my laptop screen. I can't mind if it was linked to the total watch value but it was enough for me to realise I wouldn't be covered.

If you've put all the info in accurately and nothing is showing, then you should be gold.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    That makes me feel better about my renewal with m&s, only went up 20%!

Another vote for m&s, agreed not having to specify items is a big plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk