closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best place to buy Concept 2 Rowing Machine?

Craftsman

Best place to buy Concept 2 Rowing Machine?

A constant and nagging Achilles problem means I can’t run or do any HIT workouts, sucks getting old !

Hoping the lower stress/impact from rowing will be the answer.

Looking at the model D and seems the going rate is £850 from Decathalon/Argos/Amazon or £870 direct from concept.

Any benefit from buying Direct from concept or do I just save myself £20? Any other suggestions?

Craftsman
    I bought mine from Amazon purely for the speedy delivery.

Great bit of kit.

Grand Master
    I would buy a really good cross- trainer machine instead of a rower. I’ve suffered with achilles problems for many years, it’s severely limited my running since I was 26 (now 61), but I find the cross trainer is fine and doesn’t cause problems. All these exercise machines are boring, it’s the monotony that makes it hard, but the cross- trainer is most tolerable for me. I also think its a better all- round exercise than rowing.

I still manage to do a very modest amount of running, soft ground and soft shoes are a big help, I avoid roads because the pounding/impact aggravates my achilles tendons, calf muscles and knees.

eBay is always a good place to get nearly new unused exercise equipment. It might be worth a look.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Funnily enough I bought a Concept 2 a couple of weeks ago for exactly the same reason. I bought from Fitness Superstore and have done a couple of times now. Good service and decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Craftsman
    I've just bought the E model along with concept bike for girlfriend. Bought from Argos (daughter works Sainsbury) and had a recent offer of 15% discount. If you have a family or friend connection at Sainsbury that might work for you, my daughter says they will be doing the same deal in the run up to Christmas so if you can wait that long :)

Prior I scoured everywhere and they all seemed to be priced similar, very good quality I must say

Craftsman
    Thank you for the replies.

Unfortunately no contacts/friends in Sainsburys. Doesn't look like anywhere offers discounts on them. Few places have 7-10% off all products but all exclude the concept 2 rower.

Agreed about the boredom factor on all of these machines, I normally try to watch a 30 min TV program while I'm on it to help pass the time.

Power gym seem to offer 0% finance, will see if that excludes the Concept.

Craftsman
    I bought a so called 'reconditioned' one direct from Concept several years ago at a very good price compared to new. When delivered it looked virtually new to me. Still going strong and very happy with it.

I bought mine used from eBay, Concept 2s are very well made so not a lot to go wrong as long as they have been maintained.

Get one with the latest monitor (PM5) as that have ANT+ and Bluetooth if you want to hook up rowing apps or heart rate. if you don't then an older model is OK.

Craftsman
    Ordered today, checked that it has the latest PM5 Monitor which it does. Got interest free credit as well so quite happy with that. Should arrive on Wednesday.

Thanks for replies again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Ordered today, checked that it has the latest PM5 Monitor which it does. Got interest free credit as well so quite happy with that. Should arrive on Wednesday.

Thanks for replies again.
    I was just going to suggest a water rower as a potential alternative.

Happy rowing.

Craftsman
    I did consider a water rower but didn’t really know enough about them and the concept seem to be well respected and used in most gyms.