closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post
    Thought I'd revisit this thread to see what the current status is. Around a year ago, they wouldn't even entertain putting me on the list.

Still love the green accents, but that bloody riveted bracelet just keeps holding me back. Drove me to sell by black version.
    I’m sure you could swap a riveted for an eta one or just wear it on leather

Craftsman
    I seen number 2171 on a website for sale today can anyone beat? let see how high they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I seen number 2171 on a website for sale today can anyone beat? let see how high they go.
    It’s up around 2750 now

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    It’s up around 2750 now
    Remember the days when this Tudor was supposedly a limited run of only 100 pieces and grey dealers had them marked up for over double RRP.

As Public enemy sang “ Don’t believe the hype”

Master
    The bucherer blue bronze bay has recently discontinued I think, didn't that start up at a similar time to the Harrods BB? Maybe suggesting the Harrods will discontinue soon ish? 3000 would be a round number to end. Purely guessing of course.

Can they wait until I've had my kitchen fitted and I've had the call on my BB before they discontinue please.

Still waiting on the call :(

Master
    Blog Entries
    I picked one up last week on behalf of an American friend who couldn't get over, (they won't post). I was in there no more than 10 minutes and three people asked to be put on the list. They were quoted around 6 months lead time.

Personally, I'm not a fan of them at all. Too slab sided.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    Can they wait until I've had my kitchen fitted and I've had the call on my BB before they discontinue please.

Still waiting on the call :(
    Thats was supposed to happen after 99 were made so dont hold your breath
    RIAC

I picked mine up last week, just 7 weeks or so after I first put my name down. I think it helped that I was in contact with the guy throughout this time. I sent him a message 2 weeks ago asking if he was around and if I could drop by for a chat (I was also interested in the BB58 if the Harrods one had been too difficult to get.) Didn't make it that week but the week after he messaged me to go to Harrods.. apparently there was a cancellation and I got mine right there.

I was told that they are getting much less stock now than a few months ago.. The demand is still crazy - at least 2 or 3 people asked about the watch while I was there.

It's really a gorgeous watch, especially under warm lighting I think. I much prefer this than the Kermit (for example) - I think the green is a lot more subtle and the symmetry is much better without a date window.

Here's a quick picture:) It's around 2650 when I picked this up btw!

Cheers

Last edited by tommyzzj; 28th July 2019 at 12:52.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post

Here's a quick picture:) It's around 2650 when I picked this up btw
    2650 as in the numbering or 2650 in price?

I was told that they are doing a run of 88 for the Thai market with a ruby red dial. I've got my name down for one with the AD in Chiang Mai. Let's see if A it materialises and B if it is restricted to 88

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    2650 as in the numbering or 2650 in price?
    sorry numbering

Master
    Look back down to late April early May. I got mine 30 April iirc, so~200 watches sold in just less then 3 mind
    Months/85 days. 2.35 /day.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I was told that they are doing a run of 88 for the Thai market with a ruby red dial. I've got my name down for one with the AD in Chiang Mai. Let's see if A it materialises and B if it is restricted to 88

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Would love to see one

Bah, I need to sort it out and get mine - does anyone have an email contact or is it best to call?

Master
    Bah, I need to sort it out and get mine - does anyone have an email contact or is it best to call?
    My Salesperson was:

Hannah Pogorzelski
    Fine watches Sales Professional
    Contact number- 02077301234 ext2142
    "Pogorzelski, Hannah" <Hannah.Pogorzelski@harrods.com>

thanks i'll give them a call

Craftsman
    thanks i'll give them a call
    Can you let me know after you’ve called whether any luck? Was planning to walk in and try my luck.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Can you let me know after you’ve called whether any luck? Was planning to walk in and try my luck.
    if you're in the area its def worth a try but I suspect you would come away disappointed. I was in harrods over the weekend. In their for less than half an hour and two people came in asking for the harrods black bay. Both told they needed to join the waiting list which was quoted as a 3 -4 month wait.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    if you're in the area its def worth a try but I suspect you would come away disappointed. I was in harrods over the weekend. In their for less than half an hour and two people came in asking for the harrods black bay. Both told they needed to join the waiting list which was quoted as a 3 -4 month wait.
    Yeah, given someone in the thread was able to get it on walk-in I might do. Wonder if they ‘select’ the customers to sell to, so if you look like a tourist and inquire about the watch without some conversation they might just turn you away? Just my 2cents

Master
    In there yesterday and spoke to a young sales assistant called Sara. Very friendly and helpful, she got the display watch out for me to try on which was nice, previously I'd been told it never comes out the display but then I'm noticing the tudor desk seems to get the younger and 'still learning' staff so there's variation in helpfulness.
    I was told the wait is currently about 6-8 months.

I viewed and chatted about the pelagos at the same time
    Last edited by LondonNeil; 31st July 2019 at 09:04.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    In there yesterday and spoke to a young sales assistant called Sara. Very friendly and helpful, she got the display watch out for me to try on which was nice, previously I'd been told it never comes out the display but then I'm noticing the tudor desk seems to get the younger and 'still learning' staff so there's variation in helpfulness.
    I was told the wait is currently about 6-8 months.

I viewed and chatted about the pelagos at the same time
    Hiya Neil , I believe the 6-8 months is a generic reply , the quickest way I believe is too put your name on the list then follow up with a couple of emails/calls. It really is a beautiful piece in my eyes and the little gold detailing does stand out .

They've a display model, in a wall mounted cabinet opposite the Tudor area on the Lowe Ground floor of Harrods. The watch looks lovely, to me a much nicer shade of green to the Submariners.

Master
    I meant the watch in the glass counter that is the tudor counter. When i was in there 6 months ago they said ' that can't be touched, its display only' but yesterday Sara just got it straight out an put it on a tray on the counter for me to try on when I said i was interested in it. It helped to see it on your wrist and get a feel for the colour against your skin. the Harrods 'swamp green' is actually very nice

Craftsman
    I meant the watch in the glass counter that is the tudor counter. When i was in there 6 months ago they said ' that can't be touched, its display only' but yesterday Sara just got it straight out an put it on a tray on the counter for me to try on when I said i was interested in it. It helped to see it on your wrist and get a feel for the colour against your skin. the Harrods 'swamp green' is actually very nice
    18 months ago Harrods was actively trying to stop the flipping of this watch. They had a customer on the waiting list who tried on the display model, he took a wrist shot of him wearing the display model then listed it on Chrono24. That unfortunately put pay to others trying it on.

Master
    slightly flawed approach though, a flipper can take a wrist shot once he or she has the watch. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised that the policy seems to be different now.

Craftsman
    Friend managed to help me buy one on a walk in but the salesperson needed some convincing. I've posted some pictures in my thread (but trying to fix them cause they don't seem to be working?!)

Number on mine is in the 2750s as confirmed by another member - bought the watch yesterday fyi.

I'm so happy but have already posted here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...correct%92-way

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Friend managed to help me buy one on a walk in but the salesperson needed some convincing.
    Makes a mockery of Harrods' 'list'. Nice for the new owner, but infuriating for the people who've put their names down and are patiently waiting for the call.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Makes a mockery of Harrods' 'list'. Nice for the new owner, but infuriating for the people who've put their names down and are patiently waiting for the call.
    Yes I do understand and have had doubts before posting, but thought it’s best for me to be transparent as I think someone else was also curious about whether these can be obtained by walking in, as well as where we are with the production number.

Grand Master
    I think they have probably sold more of these than regular Tudors now! Poor form
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I think they have probably sold more of these than regular Tudors now! Poor form
    Unlikely. I believe even the Pelagos LHD is well over 7000 now.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    That is frustrating to those that are on the supposed list, but hey hoo.

2750? They have come through with 100+ in the last fortnight then, that's a lot more per week than the previous few months. Hmm, time to email Hannah.

Craftsman
    That is frustrating to those that are on the supposed list, but hey hoo.

2750? They have come through with 100+ in the last fortnight then, that's a lot more per week than the previous few months. Hmm, time to email Hannah.
    Not sure what is going on with the numbering but my friend picked up number 2755 a couple of weeks ago...The admin side of this at Harrods could def be improved!

This one could turn out to be the Tudor equivalent of Omega’s FOIS!

im getting confused as to numbers - what is the actual RRP for this watch?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    im getting confused as to numbers - what is the actual RRP for this watch?
    Same as a normal BB, £2670 IIRC

Master
    Ahh yes, looking back through the thread I now see someone collecting a 2750ish watch 2 weeks ago. Either the 2650ish collection was a typo or it sat in the drawer at Harrods 'lost' for a month!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Not sure what is going on with the numbering but my friend picked up number 2755 a couple of weeks ago...The admin side of this at Harrods could def be improved!
    Mine's 2754, so they definitely mixed up the numbers... I wonder if it's actually possible to choose serial numbers if they have a few in stock? Probably too much to ask for!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Yeap that's correct, also comes with the fabric strap so more value than a normal BB.

Ahh yes, looking back through the thread I now see someone collecting a 2750ish watch 2 weeks ago. Either the 2650ish collection was a typo or it sat in the drawer at Harrods 'lost' for a month!
    I've seen a 2650+ watch purchased mid June too. so there is definitely some sort of mix up, with the highest of numbers still being 2750ish.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Just checked - I paid £2,630.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    Just checked - I paid £2,630.
    There was a price rise a couple of months ago. It was £2630 when I collected mine in March but they are now £2670.

After waiting since January (I was told 8 months) I check on my place in the queue.....not on the list!

This is not the service I would expect from a retailer like Harrods but hey ho. I have been put on the list now and will be chasing them monthly to be bumped.

I reckon they’ll get to 3,000 and then call it a day with these.

Master
    List seems to be nonsense. A chap on a Tudor FB group walked in last week on the off chance and bought a GMT on nato and was offered a harrods edition that was turned down that day. No calling through any list.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    I reckon they’ll get to 3,000 and then call it a day with these.
    I think that’s been surpassed already

Master
    Cheesecake posted here a few weeks ago that he got one on walk in. It does frustrate that the list isn't managed uniformly.

I was thinking 3000 might be it. My thought was that would be about a year of sale too, although I'm not sure when they first started, it may not be so long ago?

The bucherer bronze bay special edition started about the same time didn't it? That stopped a month or 2 ago, although my guess is that wasn't as successful.

Banned
    I’m pretty sure they are all ready over 3000.

Craftsman
    I got mine in April last year number 59* they’ve been on sale for over 18 months. As of numbers this one could run and run over 5000. I saw a omega first man in space numbered 20,000 and Tudor LHD is right up there to. This is a special edition,only limited to be sold buy harrods and eBay.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I got mine in April last year number 59* they’ve been on sale for over 18 months. As of numbers this one could run and run over 5000. I saw a omega first man in space numbered 20,000 and Tudor LHD is right up there to. This is a special edition,only limited to be sold buy harrods and eBay.

the "..........and ebay" made me laugh!

Damn Harrods for milking this one then! 🤬😊😉

Journeyman
    Apparently this is being investigated...

Cheesecake posted here a few weeks ago that he got one on walk in. It does frustrate that the list isn't managed uniformly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app