closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are courier services getting worst or is it just me?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    but seriously hope I'm in when it arrives.
    Exactly this, it really gets my back up the places they leave the parcels, as if a photo showing it has been delivered is going to guarantee that it is still going to be there when I return, if I am not in.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Exactly this, it really gets my back up the places they leave the parcels, as if a photo showing it has been delivered is going to guarantee that it is still going to be there when I return, if I am not in.
    Luckily it was still there, cat is happy.
    But yes, fully agree, it could have been any value and it could have been gone and I'd have no redress because they can 'prove its been delivered'.
    I've now turned the parasol stand around 90 degrees so future parcels, if left there won't be so visible from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    I've done a fair bit of online shopping recently and DPD haven't missed a beat yet. Royal Mail have delivered albeit a day or two late but one "Tracked 48" parcel seems to have gone completely awry when others posted after it was dispatched have arrived. Does this mean it's likely lost or just caught up sitting in a pile waiting to be sorted? The tracking number just advises that it will update when they attempt to deliver. I'm also in the Evri pile with a parcel that got delayed on 30 November and no further update.

I'll save my rant for DHL who have been the worst. I bought a pair of boots from Loake and they dispatched them on Friday 25 November and DHL confirmed receipt and advised that they would deliver on Monday 28th. Email that evening; no we will deliver Tuesday 29th. Email next evening; no we will deliver Wednesday 30th. Email Wednesday evening no we will deliver Thursday 1st December. Thursday and the tracking shows that driver is on stop 1 and I'm stop 8. Must be soon then. Tracking updates and it will now be delivered between 12:56 and 13:56. That time comes and goes and nothing for the rest of the day either other than seeing the tracking show as "parcel back at depot" at 17:02. Later Thursday evening an email received advising that they were sorry that they missed me as they tried to deliver at exactly 13:00 and left a card. No card received and the driver must have skilfully avoided the motion sensor and camera on my doorbell too!

You can't rearrange delivery so it's been sent back to Loake who advised that they will send it out again by Royal Mail!
    That’s the worst but, when they basically say it’s your fault they tried to deliver but you were not home. Even though you have sat in waiting, there’s nothing you can do which really pi-ses me off.

I was due a DPD delivery yesterday, no sign, none today even though AO said it would be today, even spoke to the DPD driver as he passed my garden and I was in it. No parcel for me today but he did say he has three drivers clearing the backlog and AP just told me DPD have said they aren’t taking any new parcels until after the weekend to clear the backlog.

Text message received for delivery tomorrow, just hope it’s not the moron from DPD who couldn’t find my address last week and then just basically lied for the day before saying tried to deliver but no one home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New ipad ordered from AO on Tuesday for next day delivery, daughters xmas present sorted (or so i thought), 3 days in a row it was supposed to be delivered and todays excuse is DPD have now they have lost it and have no idea where it is?

Fortunately AO refunded me no problem, now rushing around trying to get a new ipad before i head off to work in a few days, cheers again DPD, you really are a sh-te delivery service and i'll be doing my utmost to avoid buying from places that use you.

Over the last few weeks the only company that's being reliable is the Amazon couriers, they have never missed a delivery (only when Amazon have used DPD has there been a problem). Hopefully the ipad i've just ordered from Amazon doesn't get lost now...

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    New ipad ordered from AO on Tuesday for next day delivery, daughters xmas present sorted (or so i thought), 3 days in a row it was supposed to be delivered and todays excuse is DPD have now they have lost it and have no idea where it is?

Fortunately AO refunded me no problem, now rushing around trying to get a new ipad before i head off to work in a few days, cheers again DPD, you really are a sh-te delivery service and i'll be doing my utmost to avoid buying from places that use you.

Over the last few weeks the only company that's being reliable is the Amazon couriers, they have never missed a delivery (only when Amazon have used DPD has there been a problem). Hopefully the ipad i've just ordered from Amazon doesn't get lost now...
    This and other posts show regional differences for sure. I find DPD unbeatable. Amazon are also good, but their drivers think my street is the start line at the Abu Dhabi grand prix and aren't the most friendly either.

My take on it all are the companies accept more than the humans can cope with. Never had a loss, but can accept delays currently.

SydR
    Couriers are definitely getting worse.

In the past 10 weeks 3 parcels to me and 1 to my wife have not arrived as well as two my wife has sent.

Yesterday there was mess up number two for my wife when she received a delivery relating to something she bought from Vinted. It was the wrong item. Following up with the seller the item delivered is not something they sent. Turns out it’s some random package that should have gone to someone in the south of England and my wife’s item has gone goodness knows where.

Craftsman
    I’ve had same “parcel delayed due to unexpected delay” message every day since 1st December from DPD.

Utterly useless.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Found DPD to be consistently good and on time.
    Last edited by MacDeath; 11th December 2022 at 16:59.

Bought a watch on ebay on the evening of the 7th, evri delivered it today (Sunday). That's pretty quick.

Master
    Apparently there’s a whole bunch of Royal Mail parcels stuck at the Heathrow depot. I’ve been waiting for an item dispatched on the 28th Nov via next day Special Delivery. I’m avoiding any retailer who uses Royal Mail at the moment.

On the other hand, purchased a watch at 14:00 last Tue, by 16:00 the DPD tracking number was sent over and Wednesday it’s delivered - that’s how it should be.

SydR
    It’s not just couriers getting worse, the Royal Mail is too.

I had a package, a bit larger than a shoes box in size, and containing an Omega Seamaster 300m, sent to me via Special Delivery.

As I was out at the time of delivery the postman thought it acceptable to leave the box on my front doorstep and place my doormat on top of it. It was obvious to anyone passing that something was there!

I’ve left appropriate feedback to Royal Mail and let the sender know, for information.

Master
    My local Evri and Royal Mail have not let me down. Yet!!!

Craftsman
    Chose a po pick up from Hunter boots.delivered to po by dpd, signed for by the po but neither Hunter nor DPD can supply me with a QR code to collect as they show as delivered. PO has her wellies,Hunter has my money,no refund until boots returned - they won’t let me have them- stalled. Card company next I spose??

Craftsman
    4 large deliveries this week. 2 from the Netherlands and 2 from the UK.
    All 4 kept me up to date on delivery times and days, not one arrived on the day quoted, 2 were early, 2 were late.

SydR
    Both the good and the bad today.

Parcelforce delivered to me today, a day early, despite the address being written wrongly on the label.

A Royal Mail Special Delivery coming to me updated that night, around 7:30 pm as departing the Gatwick Mail Centre on it’s way north. No updates on the tracking since.