closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 4534

Thread: Show us your dogs

At Center Parcs this weekend and someone is on Squirrel watch!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post

Hahaha Our boy reacts to squirrels exactly the same way.
    if he's indoors there are squeaks and wimpy noises not befitting a staffie.
    If he's in woods, the chase is on.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    My little monster,a patterdale .

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Mardy because shes not allowed in with her stick.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Engrossed in a bone, with his eyes shut!

upload image free upload

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Engrossed in a bone, with his eyes shut!

upload image free upload
    What's his name ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    What's his name ?

George

Master
    George
    He looks a cracker !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    He looks a cracker !!

Nutcase.....

Master
    Nutcase.....

He's a ringer for our boy.

Dot keeping a close eye on my Mrs with a paw on her shoulder (or Dot's hand as my wife hilariously refers to it!)

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The killing fields.

Craftsman
    Ozzie checking out my Tudor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Not my dogs, but I think worthy of a post.

These were good as gold and hadn't moved for about an hour. They seemed very content.

Brilliant

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    No idea what shes up to.

I spent a few hours at the dog sanctuary this weekend being auditioned by this very shy prospective new pack member. She’s a pharaoh hound, name of Candy. Gorgeous isn’t she?

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    I spent a few hours at the dog sanctuary this weekend being auditioned by this very shy prospective new pack member. She’s a pharaoh hound, name of Candy. Gorgeous isn’t she?

A proper dog that! A woman who lives me has a couple of pharaohs, they seem to be pretty solid dogs, good around people and other dogs. The only downside she mentioned was being continually stopped by people wanting to know all about them!

Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    A proper dog that! A woman who lives me has a couple of pharaohs, they seem to be pretty solid dogs, good around people and other dogs. The only downside she mentioned was being continually stopped by people wanting to know all about them!
    They’re our national dog in Malta. People have a misconception that the representative Maltese dogs are those silly little toy terrier things. They aren’t. There are two Maltese hound breeds, both proper, solid medium sized dogs that as you say are friendly and sociable.

We have the hunting hound or “tal kacca” and the pharaoh hound which in Maltese we call “tal fenek”, literally translated as “of the rabbit” because these dogs were originally bred for coursing rabbits over rough, rocky terrain.

Both breeds love to walk and run but at home they are definitely built for comfort. Here are Pie and Jenny (an example of each) taking my office by storm on a dog day:

Master

Cataracts

My little Stan, has very suddenly gone almost 100% blind..🙁😟 he used to spot and chase birds, butterflies and anything else that he could see at the drop of a hat, and now, within the space of a month, he’s bumping into stuff, and can’t see my hand right in front of his eyes. I can actually push my hand very quickly towards his face, and stop within an inch of his eyes, and he doesn’t even blink😟

We’re booking him into the vets this week to see what can be done, it looks like cataracts and we’re hoping some sight can be restored, so my question is, has anybody had cataract surgery done on a dog, and if so, how did it turn out??

Stan is 12 next January, and in otherwise good health..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Should`ve gone to Scenter Barks!

Here's a couple of shots when I was last Frank sitting at the end of September. He was a busy boy, going out for Saturday dinner and visiting my aged old dad, wanting to get into bed with him the first day and then steal his rug on the next. His favourite thing is trying to look out the window which is tricky in my flat but he loved doing it when out visiting.

Here he is having cunningly got me to pick him up as I was trying to work at the computer. He then sat on the desk not allowing me near the keyboard. Very cunning indeed Frank!

Like last time, I Frank sat, he came with zero tennis balls but departed with two, which he had somehow found on his travels. The previous time he'd found three! I'm sure he'll be back for another visit soon!

Master

She’s a stunner. I’m sure you’ll give her the good life she deserves. (All dogs deserve a good life, I hasten to add). I’ve a Whippet and my sister has a Galgo and a Lurcher. There’s something addictive about Sighthounds.

She is indeed, looks very dignified. Hope the audition goes well for both of you :)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Dot keeping a close eye on my Mrs with a paw on her shoulder (or Dot's hand as my wife hilariously refers to it!)

You have a good looking dog there Neil! We don't see a lot of that breed at least here in Massachusetts.

Craftsman
    LIMG_3136.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Mavis has had her first haircut.

How come whenever you point a camera at Mavis she assumes the doey eyed pose,
    Last edited by number2; 15th October 2019 at 13:56.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    She does, my mrs coo's over this whereas i much perfer to catch her looking like a snaggle toothed fool or a window licker

Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    You have a good looking dog there Neil! We don't see a lot of that breed at least here in Massachusetts.
    Cheers John.

They are in the US but never been too popular although General Patton picked up one when he was in England and was probably the most famous EBT. It was his beloved lifelong companion.

They have used an English bull terrier to advertise Budweiser (Spuds Mackenzie) and currently at Target (I buy the bully tree ornament every year).

Here is Dot's American cousin with my son in Fla.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Cheers John.

They are in the US but never been too popular although General Patton picked up one when he was in England and was probably the most famous EBT. It was his beloved lifelong companion.

They have used an English bull terrier to advertise Budweiser (Spuds Mackenzie) and currently at Target (I buy the bully tree ornament every year).

You forgot papy Boyington’s Meatball in the TV series “Baa Baa Black Sheep”
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

My two lovable rogues. Clyde is a rescued street dog from Crete that we got as a five month old. Ossie is the crazy Springer. Wouldn’t be without either of them.

Image1571164385.265759.jpg

Image1571164421.153084.jpg

Edit - I have no idea why the photos are not showing......

Last edited by Bluemoon7; 15th October 2019 at 19:40.

The two of them pondering mischief after a 12 mile walk.

Image1571164608.914163.jpg

Image1571164719.394362.jpg

I have no idea why the photos are not showing....

Last edited by Bluemoon7; 15th October 2019 at 19:41.

My last pic of my girl.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Cheers John.

Haha I just showed my wife the picture of your dog she instantly said "the Target Dog"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    My last pic of my girl.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    So sorry, I'm sure you knew many happy times together. We have to be strong for our friends.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master

I met a delightful female black and white EBT on my way to work one day last week. The owner was delighted that I stopped to make a fuss of her dog. She said it made a change from people crossing the road to avoid them. Beautiful creatures.

Master
    Managed to get little Stan to the vets today.... all indications are that his sudden blindness is caused by “SARDS”.. he has all the symptoms😟🙁. http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-...ome-sards-dogs

Really sorry to hear this, poor thing. I wish you all the strength and patients with the little chap and hope you will be able to adjust to a new routine as soon as poss and still have some fun and enjoy each other’s company.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Really sorry to hear this, poor thing. I wish you all the strength and patients with the little chap and hope you will be able to adjust to a new routine as soon as poss and still have some fun and enjoy each other’s company.
    Cheers mate....we’ll do right by him, like we do with all our pets...👍

It’s a strange one, as in the past, we had a dog go blind, but it happened over a longish period of time.. and she just adapted to her new situation, and went on for years until her ticker cried enough..

But Stan was chasing birds, and barking at passers buy from the car just over a week or so ago, and now he can’t see a thing. So it’s a sudden change for him..

We think he can differentiate between light and dark, and he’s finding the water bowl and his food bowl with no trouble, and he goes to the front door to be let out to toilet, but he’s very subdued and he’s normally very excitable and full of himself, especially when we have visitors, now even when my best mate came around earlier, he didn’t even get out of his bed, but he did prick his ears up when he heard his voice🤪

It’s a big change for him, and it’s quite upsetting to see, him not being himself.... I think some serious spoiling is in order🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Cheers mate....we’ll do right by him, like we do with all our pets...

It’s a strange one, as in the past, we had a dog go blind, but it happened over a longish period of time.. and she just adapted to her new situation, and went on for years until her ticker cried enough..

But Stan was chasing birds, and barking at passers buy from the car just over a week or so ago, and now he can’t see a thing. So it’s a sudden change for him..

We think he can differentiate between light and dark, and he’s finding the water bowl and his food bowl with no trouble, and he goes to the front door to be let out to toilet, but he’s very subdued and he’s normally very excitable and full of himself, especially when we have visitors, now even when my best mate came around earlier, he didn’t even get out of his bed, but he did prick his ears up when he heard his voice浪

It’s a big change for him, and it’s quite upsetting to see, him not being himself.... I think some serious spoiling is in order樂樂
    I’m sure your vet has already excluded glaucoma and optic nerves damage due to high interocular pressure, if not it could be another cause of rapidly progressing blindness, which is unfortunately also irreversible :/ hope he will adjust to the condition soon, please give him an extra rub behind the ears from uncle V :)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Cheers mate....we’ll do right by him, like we do with all our pets...

We think he can differentiate between light and dark, and he’s finding the water bowl and his food bowl with no trouble, and he goes to the front door to be let out to toilet, but he’s very subdued and he’s normally very excitable and full of himself, especially when we have visitors, now even when my best mate came around earlier, he didn’t even get out of his bed, but he did prick his ears up when he heard his voice浪

It’s a big change for him, and it’s quite upsetting to see, him not being himself.... I think some serious spoiling is in order樂樂
    Sorry to hear about Stan, I know you'll do the best you can for him. He's lucky to have owners that care about him so.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Here is our new addition to the family. :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post

WHO IS THIS? !

do you have a name yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You forgot papy Boyington’s Meatball in the TV series “Baa Baa Black Sheep”
    I knew about Pappy Boyington of course but never seen the series.

Not sure he had an EBT in real life though - although would would love it to be true, (maybe artistic license?)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I met a delightful female black and white EBT on my way to work one day last week. The owner was delighted that I stopped to make a fuss of her dog. She said it made a change from people crossing the road to avoid them. Beautiful creatures.
    I'll bet the owner loved that.

Some people get EBT's and some don't but they really are the funniest clownish dogs around, full of character.

Here's my previous little girl, Deana.

Best dog I have ever owned.

Buried in the garden under an apple tree.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    WHO IS THIS? !

do you have a name yet?
    We pick him up this weekend. No name yet but the kids are coming up with some interesting ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post

GSD.

Handsome little devil.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Polo checking out the Murphy’s Army Purple Poppy Campaign

Master
    I'll bet the owner loved that.

Some people get EBT's and some don't but they really are the funniest clownish dogs around, full of character.

Here's my previous little girl, Deana.

Best dog I have ever owned.

Buried in the garden under an apple tree.

We met loads of people in the lakes with dogs, the other week, including a lovely EBT named Pamela

Last edited by RD200; 20th October 2019 at 07:43.