closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 17C 'Mission Timer'?

Craftsman

My shipping notification came minutes after my post yesterday. Loving it so far. Not the biggest fan of this strap, but the colour matches, and I think it looks great.

Craftsman
    I also didnt realise about the GMT style hour hand, or that pressing the top chrono pusher with the chrono running stops the second hand, but upon pressing it again the chrono skips forward. Clever stuff indeed!

Master
    Got the "On its way" email from Timefactors this morning but nothing from UPS with a shipping number yet ?

maseman

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    I also didnt realise about the GMT style hour hand, or that pressing the top chrono pusher with the chrono running stops the second hand, but upon pressing it again the chrono skips forward. Clever stuff indeed!
    Can you explain the chrono pusher bit, please? Not sure if I got the purpose of it.

Split time Chronograph. You can use it for lap timing, etc. Make a note of the first reading and then jump to elapsed time to carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brammer View Post
    Split time Chronograph. You can use it for lap timing, etc. Make a note of the first reading and then jump to elapsed time to carry on.

You did a much better job of explaining what I was trying to say!

Haha, it took me a couple of attempts.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Master
    Woo hoo !!!
    Can’t believe I the first stainless steel bezel to post !!!

Arrived this afternoon.

maseman

Craftsman
    I was tempted by the steel bezel and it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammer View Post
    If this is the case then it is amazing! It means that you can start the chronograph, then split it, which implies that the internal measurement is running but the hands are not moving and unnecessarily draining the battery... later on you can un-split it and carry on with measurement.

I had this facility in a Seiko but it cannot be done with the PRS-40 Chrono.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Cheers, decided I had enough black bezeled watches so opted for the steel.
    Eddie's bracelets are getting smaller though - no links out of this one, just
    one notch in on the micro.

maseman

Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I was tempted by the steel bezel and it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post

maseman
    Are you sure it's the bracelets?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post

maseman
    I have relatively small wrists so needed to take four links out.
    I now have it on a Breitling canvas and I think it looks good.

Master
    Nice combo with the black bezel.

maseman

It looks amazing ...and probably costs more than the watch.

Blog Entries
    Ha ha, it probably does, echo the looks though.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

If anyone is thinking of wearing the watch on an Erikas Original style strap, don’t forget (I did! ) that being a Destro the strap goes on the opposite way round! I spent a happy ten minutes wondering exactly what I had done wrong after fitting mine yesterday. 蘿

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Considered Tactical to keep out of harm's way and prevent catching on things, like the Sinn EZM1.

Though as the case is more Tutima than Sinn, also with the flat pushers, I would have preferred a RHD arrangement like Tutima ZTZ as this is the reason for the flat pushers.
    Each to their own !
    Presumably the movement is just upside down so pusher functions are reversed to usual (bottom to start/stop, too to reset).
    Personally think looks unbalanced with subdial at 12 but as you say, each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Presumably the movement is just upside down so pusher functions are reversed to usual (bottom to start/stop, too to reset).
    Personally think looks unbalanced with subdial at 12 but as you say, each to their own!
    It's not entirely unknown,

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Possible typo in specification ?

"316L stainless steel, choice or bead blasted or DLC finish"

Am I correct in thinking, having now looked at all the photos of those just received, that the 1st "or" should actually be "of " ?

I'd put a WTB on the basis that 1 option would be a s/s polished case but think I may have misinterpreted the spec ?

Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    "316L stainless steel, choice or bead blasted or DLC finish"

Am I correct in thinking, having now looked at all the photos of those just received, that the 1st "or" should actually be "of " ?

I'd put a WTB on the basis that 1 option would be a s/s polished case but think I may have misinterpreted the spec ?
    Definitely NOT polished.

M

After a few days wearing the Mission Timer, I’m loving this watch. I love the general look, I like the weight, the functionality of the movement is excellent, it’s really legible. The standout in all this, though, is the way the Lume works. Sure, it’s bright, charges fast, is readily readable. The fun bit for me is how the bezel lume and the face lume work together to give an amazing, 3D tunnel effect which, once I saw it, I couldn’t look away from.
    Great job, and actually well worth the wait from conception to delivery.

Bloody hell! Got one this time!

And for once - at long sodding last - I was in front of a computer at the right time, and (according to the email...) managed to secure a ceramic bezel. YES!

Must be a quiet afternoon chez Eddie - still showing as available to buy!

Hi all

Like most folk here I have been waiting years for the Mission Timer, so it's amazing to finally have this on my wrist :-)

I went for the standard black bezel and for the pictures attached I have a Barton black rubber/canvas strap.

Thanks Eddie for a fantastic watch :-)
    deano

Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    I would love to see one of these made.
    Nine years after my post and a forum absence of 4 years I'm really grateful to have ordered a PVD one of these!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's not entirely unknown,

Eddie
    Not unknown, but in this case the sub-dial is much larger and the central hands don't obscure it.

Will there be another run with a right hand drive version by any chance ?

I posted this on Page 8 of this thread,

This is where the dial design comes from (in the main).
    The sub-dial can be obscured because it is only really there as a "proof of life" sub-dial, to show the movement is still working.
    Given the trouble Eddie had with the movements on special order from ETA, I think this will be a one-off production run, but I may be wrong.....

Journeyman
    Thanks.

Anyone familiar with the Sinn 717 ?

https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/04/05

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I posted this on Page 8 of this thread,

This is where the dial design comes from (in the main).
    The sub-dial can be obscured because it is only really there as a "proof of life" sub-dial, to show the movement is still working.
    Given the trouble Eddie had with the movements on special order from ETA, I think this will be a one-off production run, but I may be wrong.....
    Now i'm really glad that I ordered the black DLC version. They are all great (and if possible i would maybe have even bought one of each) but it seems the all black one matches this origin story. Still waiting for mine to arrive and am very much looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Anyone familiar with the Sinn 717
    Indeed, at about 10 x the price of the Mission Timer, and Sinn themselves only had the option of putting the running seconds in the wrong place.
    Not sure why, but Sinn won a design award for that one too.........
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    ....Sinn themselves only had the option of putting the running seconds in the wrong place.
    Not sure why, .........

D
    The movement is a 7750 base and that is where the seconds are. They would have had to make it a bullhead to get the seconds in the right place. On the NABO clock the controls are actually at the bottom.

To me the 717 is grail material if it wasn't for the size and thickness 45mm x 15.3mm. I mean really? You might as well strap the clock on your wrist.

Journeyman
    Yes the movement dictates sub-dial placement.

The NaBo 17 is using a pocket/stop watch movement and with the pushers at the bottom then the sub-dial is at the top.
    Same layout as the Panerai watches where movement and right side winder dictates sub at 9.

The design choice is where to put the crown/pushers not where the sub-dial goes.
    Depending on the Borduhren functions and movement chosen the single sub-dial can be at 12 or 6 for different movements and manufacturers.

Got my shipping notice from The Boss - due on Friday! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post

The NaBo 17 is using a pocket/stop watch movement and with the pushers at the bottom then the sub-dial is at the top.

I did not know that. Interesting!

Journeyman
    NaBo 16 mentioned as using a version of the Valjoux 5 movement
    Valjoux Calibre 19”’ family Valjoux 5 KVM.

Can't find a reference to the NaBo 17 ZM specific movement variant other than Calibre 5
    https://sinn-uhrenforum.de/index.php...threadID=13445

This is a reference for the Valjoux 5 KVM with other variants linked
    https://reference.grail-watch.com/movement/valjoux-5/

This thread has a lovely shot of the movement in a different variant of the 17. Clearly a Sinn version of the Valjoux 5
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...7-Sinn-NaBo-17
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    The movement looks rather nice

Knirim
    http://www.knirim.de/a008mond.htm
    Last edited by judge; 21st September 2022 at 16:50.

Journeyman
    Looks Lovely

🤗
    Last edited by judge; 22nd September 2022 at 17:20.

Mine arrived today, and I am deeply impressed. The watch, packaging, ancillaries, overall presentation and especially value-for-money are all outstanding.

I own a lot of chronos, and yet the button-action on this alone is nicer than any others, even at far higher prices.

This is my kind of watch, and, if anything is better in the metal than the pictures ever suggested. It's certainly more compact than I expected - it wears really nicely, and is not bulky or heavy as I thought it might be, even with the steel bracelet.

I've often read people waxing-hyperbolic over Eddie's works, now I see why - as I've said elsewhere, bigger names could learn something from Timefactors.

Still with its plastic protective films in place...

...aaaand the reason for that is another, unexpected incoming, which cost a lot more, means this will probably have to go for 'rehoming' while it's still mint...

I will almost certainly regret this, but Łneeds must...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Mine arrived today, and I am deeply impressed. The watch, packaging, ancillaries, overall presentation and especially value-for-money are all outstanding.

I own a lot of chronos, and yet the button-action on this alone is nicer than any others, even at far higher prices.

This is my kind of watch, and, if anything is better in the metal than the pictures ever suggested. It's certainly more compact than I expected - it wears really nicely, and is not bulky or heavy as I thought it might be, even with the steel bracelet.

I've often read people waxing-hyperbolic over Eddie's works, now I see why - as I've said elsewhere, bigger names could learn something from Timefactors.

...aaaand the reason for that is another, unexpected incoming, which cost a lot more, means this will probably have to go for 'rehoming' while it's still mint...

They are indeed a cracking watch, I've been going off chronographs for sometime but had to give the MT a go, it's hard to fault but I confirm that dive watches are 'my thing', passed mine on via the forum - damn good value.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Mine arrived today. I still remember that first post in 2007, and, all these years later, i cannot believe I finally have one.

A perfectly executed tool watch. Has surprised me in many ways, for example how well the hooded lugs work with a black Nato. i will perhaps try a Marine Nationale stype strap at some point in the future if funds permit.

Almost tempted to say it's my favourite Timefactors watch so far (and I had an original Dreadnought way back when).

Thank you Eddie for seeing this through to the end, and to the original authors of that first set of posts that got this underway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Really nice piece, if only those crown and pushers were on the other side......
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

A couple of more pics, really enjoying this one and first new watch in an absolute age!

Love the photos of the black one, but I really don't need another black watch...

M

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    Good strap choice, looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Really nice piece, if only those crown and pushers were on the other side......
    Indeed, if there's another batch with the 'running seconds' at 6 and the crown and pushers at 3 I'll probably have another go, still a great watch though.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.