closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

SOTC

It's been a while, so here it is, hope you'll enjoy it

I'll take pics of the beaters as well one day.

Cheers,
    Christian

Very nice collection!

Great collection, absolutely love that Zodiac and of course the 2254 is stone cold classic.

A really nice very diverse collection , like the coin edge bezel 3 hander !
    More details would be great as its a watch i have never heard of or seen before

Blog Entries
    Thanks Wooster. Hope you are back in good health mate! Lovely unusual collection. Good to see Breitling represented. Some unusual ones too. Martyn.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    As said above, a lovely and diverse collection with all bases covered.

Great collection mate. Love that Tutima ;)

Lovely collection you have there! I'm drawn to the Monta and Formex for the diversity factor. The Formex particularly is a stunner.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 21st July 2021 at 22:56.

Some unusual pieces and in general a lovely collection. The clear standout is the Hentschel - always admired that plus your balls for going in on one when you did!

Fabulous. Every single box ticked

Any more pictures and info on the Hentschel please?

Master
    So many there I'd have in a heartbeat. Strong collection.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

That Hentschel is the pick of a very strong collection. I’m very fond of that Tutima too

Lovely

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great collection there Christian. I never knew you had such a diverse collection. The 2254 is such a classic and really shows up the new seamasters as too blingy to my mind.

However, I am most interested to see that Kurono especially as I have the new salmon pink on order.

Shall we discuss the Zenith?

Nice. I like the copper Ming

That’s a really nice collection.
    Thanks for sharing

This collection really shows the different tastes we all have which is so refreshing.

Craftsman
    Great collection there. You've picked a great set of microbrands as well. I think you've got the best Kurono & one of my favourite Ming designs as well.

How does the Formex compare to the Monta?
    I'm after a sport watch with a bracelet and these 2 seem to be the standouts at the sub £1500 range but very difficult to find anyone that can compare them! And how do the bracelets in particular compare to others in your collection from the established brands?

Thanks guys, happy you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    A really nice very diverse collection , like the coin edge bezel 3 hander !
    More details would be great as its a watch i have never heard of or seen before
    JS Watch - they're from Iceland, a small team, with funny (and rather 'politically incorrect') marketing. This one is part of their 10 years anniversary, got it from my wife for my 40th several years ago. Legibility not great, but otherwise a lovely watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Thanks Wooster. Hope you are back in good health mate! Lovely unusual collection. Good to see Breitling represented. Some unusual ones too. Martyn.
    Thanks Martyn. Mostly fine, with the one or the other extra-systole :) Breitling is one one my favourite brands, actually used to have even more. Right now I'm very keen on the Pistachio Premier chrono... just lovely :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Great collection mate. Love that Tutima ;)
    Got it from a great guy, for a really good price ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Lovely collection you have there! I'm drawn to the Monta and Formex for the diversity factor. The Formex particularly is a stunner.
    Once you get over the quirky name, it really is :) And it's obvious that they're connected to a high-end bracelet producer (the Formex CEO is if I remember correctly the son of the other company's CEO...). The bracelet is so very smooth and silky...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Some unusual pieces and in general a lovely collection. The clear standout is the Hentschel - always admired that plus your balls for going in on one when you did!
    Thanks mate :) It did cost an arm and a leg, so it wasn't an easy decision ('Hentschel who?')... but actually:

:))

Each time I wear it, it's a pleasure. The hands are to die for. I'll post a few more pics...

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Any more pictures and info on the Hentschel please?
    Yeap, will do :)

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    A great collection there Christian. I never knew you had such a diverse collection. The 2254 is such a classic and really shows up the new seamasters as too blingy to my mind.

However, I am most interested to see that Kurono especially as I have the new salmon pink on order.

Shall we discuss the Zenith?
    The 2254 looks like 'I've got nothing to prove', the newer models are a bit 'Me too, me too' imo.

The Kurono is lovely, never saw such a shade of pure forest green. The Japs just have the knack for coming up with great dials. As for the Zenith, by all means, I'm still very much into it :)

Blog Entries
    Lovely collection ! Love the GS GMT

Here are some additional pics of the Hentschel Hafenmeister. Has a somewhat in house mechanism, based on the Anton Schild Wehrmachtwerk, which was bigger and sturdier than the norm. Hence it fits very well in the 38mm case, with the sub seconds axis being positioned just right (hello Nomos).

Great collection and diversity.
    Do you have something against rotating bezel?:-)

Love the Hentschel, beautiful styling, simple, but the proportions are just right. And from my family's home town as well. On my wish list now!

Great mixture of watches there,!

Some real beauties you have.

That’s a very nice and varied collection. The Zenith and Hentschel caught my eye but the 2254 is just such a great watch. A selling regret of mine, didn’t need to but got it into my head and that was that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    I'm after a sport watch with a bracelet and these 2 seem to be the standouts at the sub £1500 range but very difficult to find anyone that can compare them! And how do the bracelets in particular compare to others in your collection from the established brands?
    Wasn't sure if you saw this? Would appreciate some owner feedback.

Lovely collection Christian. :-)

Very diverse, including a couple of brands that I have never heard off.

Wasn't sure if you saw this? Would appreciate some owner feedback.
    On the road now, will get back with my impressions on them later today.

Craftsman
    beautiful and diverse collection, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    On the road now, will get back with my impressions on them later today.
    Nice one.

Craftsman
    Love the Art Deco ones , the Zenith especially ..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    As others have said a wonderfully diverse collection but with a definite style running through it.

More votes for the Zenith and Hentschel (which I'd not heard of before).

What model and age is the Zenith?

R

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

What an excellent and diverse collection! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Great collection there. You've picked a great set of microbrands as well. I think you've got the best Kurono & one of my favourite Ming designs as well.

Both are very well built, similar to watches from well known luxury brands. Monta is a tad more refined, in terms of polishing and overall wear comfort. Also, its clasp and the embedded fine adjustment are very near to Rolex territory. The Former has an ever better bracelet, but the clasp is missing a proper fine adjustment mechanism; it has an interesting extension, but it's not the same. What I find surprisingly useful is the floating case - the springs really help when bending the wrist a tad more. Both have better bracelets than most of the luxury watches I have/ had. Hard to choose between the two, hence why I have both :) If you have any additional question, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Great collection and diversity.
    Do you have something against rotating bezel?:-)
    Nothing, why? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Love the Hentschel, beautiful styling, simple, but the proportions are just right. And from my family's home town as well. On my wish list now!
    Go for it! Und die haben auch noch ein exzellentes Kundenservice :)

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    That’s a very nice and varied collection. The Zenith and Hentschel caught my eye but the 2254 is just such a great watch. A selling regret of mine, didn’t need to but got it into my head and that was that.
    The 2254 is my good luck watch, one of the very last to go if need be. Get yourself another 2254, you won't regret it :)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    As others have said a wonderfully diverse collection but with a definite style running through it.

More votes for the Zenith and Hentschel (which I'd not heard of before).

What model and age is the Zenith?

R

It's the Zenith Class Sport 03.0510.400, from the early 2000s I think. There's also a handwound variant, but the El Primero needs to be an automatic, right? :) 40 X 13 mm, no sharp angles, a pleasure to wear. Used to cost less, had a look on chrono24, seems to be on the rise, like many other models... Still in reasonable-ish territory.

Cheers,
    Christian

Craftsman
    It's the Zenith Class Sport 03.0510.400, from the early 2000s I think. There's also a handwound variant, but the El Primero needs to be an automatic, right? :) 40 X 13 mm, no sharp angles, a pleasure to wear. Used to cost less, had a look on chrono24, seems to be on the rise, like many other models... Still in reasonable-ish territory.

Cheers,
    Christian
    Thanks Christian, I'll keep an eye out they're lovely and a real classic.

Ryan

I will be honest I had not heard of Formex or Monta before and now looking at their websites I am quite impressed with the bracelets (I almost always wear a watch on a leather or rubber strap because I find bracelets so uncomfortable) The Hentschel is the stand out for me, dont see them around too often and I had been considering one for some time. My understanding is the quality is equal to a Dornbluth but different case size (A lot thinner)?

Master
    A great collection. A lot of variety. Thanks for sharing and enjoy :)

Craftsman
    Both are very well built, similar to watches from well known luxury brands. Monta is a tad more refined, in terms of polishing and overall wear comfort. Also, its clasp and the embedded fine adjustment are very near to Rolex territory. The Former has an ever better bracelet, but the clasp is missing a proper fine adjustment mechanism; it has an interesting extension, but it's not the same. What I find surprisingly useful is the floating case - the springs really help when bending the wrist a tad more. Both have better bracelets than most of the luxury watches I have/ had. Hard to choose between the two, hence why I have both :) If you have any additional question, let me know.
    Great to hear they've both put together good watches with great bracelets. Your comments on the Monta echo what I've read elsewhere about the build quality.
    I'd edge towards the Formex because I fancy a watch with some angles but then I wonder if I'd be better waiting for the right IWC Ingy to come along.