closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sales corner restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Take a tip from someone with a gazillion posts. You asked your question and had your answer so stop posting, walk away, go and have a cup of tea; read, and possibly contribute to, another part of the forum.

There are members here who would argue with a signpost and they have a lot of stamina. They love this sort of thread and I guarantee if you continue trying to 'speak your mind' and 'stick up for yourself', as natural a thing as that is, you'll come away the worse off. There is no way to win a battle of wit and repartee here because the battle is lost before it starts.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    You are of course correct. I should not enter a battle of wits when some are clearly unarmed. Ba da boom tschh. I'll go and have some tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh dear.

I love it when an undesirable outs himself before reaching the 250.

What sort of person turns up in a place where they know nobody, and then does an impression of someone with an attitude problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    What sort of person turns up in a place where they know nobody, and then does an impression of someone with an attitude problem?
    Probably someone with a serious chip on his shoulder.

Master
    ...easily jarred. Not that adept at reading what I actually wrote. Maybe you are pre-menstrual ? You never had a watch to sell?, or maybe you're too busy writing to your local newspaper about the state of the roads in your neck of the woods.

Your looking like a right buyers Hero .

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Probably someone with a serious chip on his shoulder.
    I can see people queuing round the block to do business with this guy.

Master
    Example 1: Join a forum, ask a question, get it answered. If you don't agree with the answer, just accept that this is how things are done. Then either happily remain in the forum if you can live with this, quietly leave if you cannot.
    Example 2: Join a forum, ask a question, get it answered. If you don't agree with the answer argue until you alienate dozens of long term members who will probably never be on your side again.
    OP, stop digging an ever deepening hole, there's nothing but worms and stones down there.

Master
    I think the OP had the definitive answer to his original query and responded accordingly up to post 8. I cannot see the need for the deterioration of this thread thereafter.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

I understand. PayPal does however provide protection. I've not joined to sell particularly, but rather to join the community. Been on WUS for years but it's global and I always felt it was a little impersonal and the idea of a uk forum always appealed so was pretty happy when a friend mentioned tzuk. As for joining to sell - well a watch community by its nature buys and sells so yes it will be a part of the experience or a sales corner wouldn't exist in the first place, and as a serial flipper (always lusting after some new time piece or other) buying and selling is both unavoidable and part of the fun. I think the phrase is the thrill is often in the hunt. Anyway thanks for your answers, I guess I understand.

Paypal folk do not pay for a £4k watch with Paypal so that is non starter. I never bought or sold a watch with Paypal bank transfer!!

Another point I just Omega forum and its 200 posts for I can post in sales or wanted, and I need some bits but I just wait till the time comes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Paypal folk do not pay for a £4k watch with Paypal so that is non starter. I never bought or sold a watch with Paypal bank transfer!!

Another point I just Omega forum and its 200 posts for I can post in sales or wanted, and I need some bits but I just wait till the time comes
    Doesn't mean others dont. I've only bought 5 watches through means other than PayPal.

Apprentice
    Excuse me? "Questionable?" ... "attacking it"? My actions, my friend, are not questionable. I merely asked politely why the differential existed and then again politely thanked all for the answers given. At NO POINT did I "attack the conditions", so drop the spurious stuff . I happen to have a watch I'm looking to sell and my question was s reasonable one. Your suggestion that my motives are "questionable" is out of line.

Im positive i will never get the required amount of posts within the next 12 months.
    I know several long time members of the group,who would endorse my honesty with no issues.
    I would love access as i love buying and selling,and change my watches on a regular basis.
    Since i have had to retire due to ill health,i have little else to do than pursue my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    Im positive i will never get the required amount of posts within the next 12 months.
    I know several long time members of the group,who would endorse my honesty with no issues.
    I would love access as i love buying and selling,and change my watches on a regular basis.
    Since i have had to retire due to ill health,i have little else to do than pursue my interests.
    I'm sure you will get the desired amount of posts. It's not really so many. I'm sure you have an interesting collection that the pilgrims on here would love to see. Start a thread showing some pictures and get a convo going. Have fun

Come on Bob, make an effort. Just posting which watch you are wearing every Friday will be 52 posts in the next year alone or 53 if you include the Xmas day thread. Starting a thread is a good way to get involved. Show people what you have and the direction that you are hoping to go in. That usually generates advice or questions. Before you know where you are your count is on the rise. 6 posts in 15 months is a little slow.

I manage to clock up an average of four posts a day (mostly of complete garbage) while holding down two businesses and a building site across three countries. If you've retired you should have no excuse! Not intended as a jibe. What do you collect?

Sales corner restrictions

I have been on the Rolex forum for years with loads of posts, same on WUS. However, I am new to this forum. I accept that I would not be able to access the sales forum and sell anything until the rules are met.

It does not matter a jot what I have done on other forums, or on eBay. The rules of this forum are the rules and if I have something to sell I will do it when those rules are met.

To anybody complaining I would say, like me, you should have joined sooner or use another method to sell until you can on this forum.

There seems to be some confusion.

TZ-UK is a discussion forum, mostly about watches, but other interests are well catered for. It happens to have a facility for members to buy and sell.

It is not a fee-free Ebay, with a discussion forum tacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    There seems to be some confusion.

TZ-UK is a discussion forum, mostly about watches, but other interests are well catered for. It happens to have a facility for members to buy and sell.

It is not a fee-free Ebay, with a discussion forum tacked on.

Indeed, and as many of us know the SC can disappear in an instant if it is so wished.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Bob, if you have little else to do and your interested in Watches, why not spend a bit more time chatting about them on here?

250 is easily achieved in 12months if you have the time and interest, i hope your health permits you to post for many years to come too!

Looking forward to your reply/replies :)

Best regards
    Matt

Apprentice
    Sorry can't agree with any assumption that people you know by some weird internet name are more honest and decent then people you have never had correspondence with.
    So for that reason I shall not be continuing in this forum.
    Remember this: It was someone none of the families knew that raised the Harold Shipman issue. If the authorities and the families of the victims operated by the rules of this forum he would never have been caught.
    Good bye smuggles

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Oops - should have read "Smuggies"

Silly bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieB View Post
    The system works!

Quote Originally Posted by PamFan View Post
    Is there anything worse than a typo in your final flounce?
    Flouncing off after an angry exchange, wearing flip-flops.

'I effing hate you, I never want to see you again you effer'. Slap, slap, slap, slap...

Quote Originally Posted by Nansbread1 View Post
    How does 250 posts make anyone not a newbie.

I joined 2015. Still nowhere near 200 posts and i have watches to sell. I try not to just post irrelevant stuff.

Bet no one knows i exist.
    Who said that?

Sent on the run.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Flouncing off after an angry exchange, wearing flip-flops.

'I effing hate you, I never want to see you again you effer'. Slap, slap, slap, slap...

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Who said that?

Sorry can't agree with any assumption that people you know by some weird internet name are more honest and decent then people you have never had correspondence with.
    Contribute and they cease to be weird Internet names. I have had watches sent to me without prior payment, I have had more than one member of this forum at my home with their expensive watches and just last week I was out with two of them celebrating the 40th birthday of one.

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.

Sniggers

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Last edited by Velorum; 16th April 2017 at 12:33. Reason: Reduction

Master
    I'm not so interested in the SC 'debate'; it is a very useful facility and seems to work pretty well. But be honest, TZ does have a culture of bullying new members who show any view of their own. It is a common feature of forums where long-term members start to think they 'own' the forum. They don't, a new member has just as much right to express their opinion as any other member.
    But they don't have the right to use SC, which is sensible. Opinions are just opinions, but financial mistakes can really hurt.

Master
    [QUOTE=MarkieB;4318768]
    Remember this: It was someone none of the families knew that raised the Harold Shipman issue. If the authorities and the families of the victims operated by the rules of this forum he would never have been caught.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app[/QUOTE

I'm struggling to make the connection between Harold Shipman and TZ-UK. Was he a member here? This is a truly bizarre statement.

Markie, I'm guessing that you'll be missed for all of oh a nanosecond or so.

Sent on the run.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    But be honest, TZ does have a culture of bullying new members who show any view of their own. It is a common feature of forums where long-term members start to think they 'own' the forum. They don't, a new member has just as much right to express their opinion as any other member......
    At its most acute when this involves criticism of how the forum functions. Understandable really.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post

I'm struggling to make the connection between Harold Shipman and TZ-UK. Was he a member here? This is a truly bizarre statement.
    I struggled with that one for a minute and then gave up.

But be honest, TZ does have a culture of bullying new members who show any view of their own.
    No, it's just that you jumped in with both feet and made an aggressive arse of yourself when you joined, and were rightly told where to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    No, it's just that you jumped in with both feet and made an aggressive arse of yourself when you joined, and were rightly told where to get off.
    Indeed.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Apprentice
    Out of interest has anyone encountered any scammers that stuck with it for the 250 posts

Sales corner restrictions

I'm not so interested in the SC 'debate'; it is a very useful facility and seems to work pretty well. But be honest, TZ does have a culture of bullying new members who show any view of their own. It is a common feature of forums where long-term members start to think they 'own' the forum. They don't, a new member has just as much right to express their opinion as any other member.
    But they don't have the right to use SC, which is sensible. Opinions are just opinions, but financial mistakes can really hurt.
    Sounds about right, only been duped once on a watch sale but ended up getting the cash back eventually. I got no beef with forum rules though. It should be ok to ask questions about it though

Last edited by RustyBin5; 16th April 2017 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    This ^
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Justmuller View Post
    Out of interest has anyone encountered any scammers that stuck with it for the 250 posts
    I'm sure the occasion swine will get through if money to be made. Haven't checked but there's a heroes and villains thread which I assume is a reputation feedback thread. Guessing thats where the answer lies

I'm not so interested in the SC 'debate'; it is a very useful facility and seems to work pretty well. But be honest, TZ does have a culture of bullying new members who show any view of their own.
    Or is it just reacting to new members who are objectionable?

Master

I have over 300 eBay transactions and 100% positive feedback if I was going to rip someone off surely it'd be on the bay rather than a closed forum of people who I'm likely to come across regularly?
    Ebay has its own built in security for buyers though, so not really comparable to this forum. I had about 40,000 ebay feedback when I joined the forum but still had to build a reputation from scratch here.

Quote Originally Posted by Justmuller View Post
    If you have H&V access, check out zsayub for an extreme example. Yes, scammers will sneak through no matter what steps are taken to weed them out but the vast majority are put off by the post and time criteria; most scammers are after an instant buck and haven't the inclination to contribute the posts and time to get to SC.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    I manage to clock up an average of four posts a day (mostly of complete garbage) while holding down two businesses and a building site across three countries. If you've retired you should have no excuse! Not intended as a jibe. What do you collect?
    I collect mainly dive watches of good quality,rather than sticking to a certain brand.
    I also really like 60s/70s watches,such as the Seiko 5 Speedtimer and the Bullheads.
    Ive spent my life swapping and px-ing,as money has always been tight.
    I also have my eye on getting an Eco zilla,in the near future too!.

Bob, do you know how to post photos here? That would allow us to admire your collection and talk about it, and would help you engage and increase your post count quickly and in the proper way.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I collect mainly dive watches of good quality,rather than sticking to a certain brand.
    I also really like 60s/70s watches,such as the Seiko 5 Speedtimer and the Bullheads.
    Ive spent my life swapping and px-ing,as money has always been tight.
    I also have my eye on getting an Eco zilla,in the near future too!.
    Sound like interesting wTches. If you don't already have tapatalk get it on your phone. Makes adding pictures very easy Bob

Craftsman
    I mentioned before on here I can't understand why you need to have 50 posts before being able to view the sales corner, in the same breath can understand the 250 post before selling something.

Surely it's in the interests of the seller to have as many views as possible ?

The number of posts made by a potential purchaser would have no bearing on my selling decision to be fair.

But I don't make the rules I just accept and abide by them.

Apprentice
    Sound like interesting wTches. If you don't already have tapatalk get it on your phone. Makes adding pictures very easy Bob

I have just started a thread,then when it came to adding pictures it seems they are too big.
    No matter how hard i try,there always seems to be a spanner in the works.lol
    I shall persevere to try to sort the pics out,unfortunately i dont own a phone.
    The last phone i had i lost,but secretly i was pleased.
    I havent replaced it in the 2 years since it went missing,and dont intend to anytime soon.

Master
    I have just started a thread,then when it came to adding pictures it seems they are too big.
    No matter how hard i try,there always seems to be a spanner in the works.lol
    I shall persevere to try to sort the pics out,unfortunately i dont own a phone.
    The last phone i had i lost,but secretly i was pleased.
    I havent replaced it in the 2 years since it went missing,and dont intend to anytime soon.
    Keep at it Bob, you've gone from 5 posts to 8 in under 24 hours.

We could well see you in sales corner by June

Caveat: I said June but not the year