closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Ultimate Curry Resource

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I've just bought that book based on your curry pic!!

Looks lovely that!!

What's under the dome?? Pakoras?
    Yeah, they are for work tomorrow. Have them cold. The curry is outrageous. Enjoy the book. Home made Donner kebab.....................

A fantastic resource.

Thank you!!! (Watch the weight pile on)

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Yeah, they are for work tomorrow. Have them cold. The curry is outrageous. Enjoy the book. Home made Donner kebab.....................
    Chicken tikka :)

And I copied off you and made the South Indian curry!

It was all mega!!! Can't wait to try out some of the other stuff.

North Indian slow cooked chicken

Firstly I fancied one of those cast iron casserole dishes for ages and thought that the french are taking the piss (as usual) at £160.00 starting price. Anyway did a bit of research and found people raving about the quality of this Chinese copy so got mine for £30.. and its cooks lovely. Nice colour as well and a 2 year warranty. Weighs a tonne.

See the recipe below. I used chicken quarters and I got my assistant to blitz the liquid, when all was cooked, with a blender. I cooked on the hob, no 1, for about 2 hours. Then let it cool and into the fridge overnight. Then reheated for an hour or so next day. The cast iron job really does cook well and I recommend its use not just for Indian dishes.

Here it is on the second day.

What a cracking thread!

I used to make more curry than now, and used to make up a huge wok of curry puree as a base.

The book I use (to this day) is the Sainsburys Curry Club Recipe Book (By Pat Chapman, then Chairman of the Curry Club)

Not sure I would waste prawns on an ultra-hot curry, mind- chicken or turkey would do for that.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Firstly I fancied one of those cast iron casserole dishes for ages and thought that the french are taking the piss (as usual) at £160.00 starting price. Anyway did a bit of research and found people raving about the quality of this Chinese copy so got mine for £30.. and its cooks lovely. Nice colour as well and a 2 year warranty. Weighs a tonne.
    The French have some perfectly good specimens at nearer your price range once you keep clear of Le Creuset etc. I think I paid about €35 for mine in a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    The French have some perfectly good specimens at nearer your price range once you keep clear of Le Creuset etc. I think I paid about €35 for mine in a sale.
    Sorry only carry proper money on me.

Some gorgeous recipes there, I´m buying the book "The Curry secret" and will try the South Indian Chilli chicken, I can´t wait. Does anybody have a recipe for onion bhajis?

Master
    Can't believe I missed this thread, love to cook a good curry at home. My focus has tended to be Indian Restaurant style rather than traditional. Cook up a load of base gravy, freezer it down & make individual curries when I want one.

The last batch of base I made

Sag Aloo

Tikka (brilliant flavour & so simple) hardest part is not eating it all before coming dinner

A Phal I made for my father

Seem to have lost all the photos of other curries!

Matt