closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The TZUK Speedmaster Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    I really need a Speedy in my life lol, both of my local Omega AD's are out of stock, one actually has a waiting list but they both have my number and know i want one, so fingers crossed!
    Get down to Iconic - must only be down the road from you. Goldsmiths and David M Robinson in Liverpool both had one last week - but don't pay RRP. Iconic is the best bet now that Ryan cannot supply. £2.9k and in stock!!

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega...30-01-005.html
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 25th May 2017 at 21:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Get down to Iconic - must only be down the road from you. Goldsmiths and David M Robinson in Liverpool both had one last week - but don't pay RRP. Iconic is the best bet now that Ryan cannot supply. £2.9k and in stock!!

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega...30-01-005.html
    Ive put my name down at my AD's now Ken, so will be patient and wait for them to replenish their stock, they did say it could be mid June, I've already got my Polywatch and handmade Leather Rally Strap waiting!

Ive put my name down at my AD's now Ken, so will be patient and wait for them to replenish their stock, they did say it could be mid June, I've already got my Polywatch and handmade Leather Rally Strap waiting!
    Check the numbers Matt £600 is a lot to pay for a cup of coffee.

Modern Moonwatch.

The price is getting crazy for these.

Mitch

Banned

The TZUK Speedmaster Thread

IMG_1748.JPG

Seikoboy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Hang on to yours Speedy's lol, just had a call from my AD saying there is no UK stock on also a back order of 84 watches, they also said its unlikely they can get me one for a good few months!

So what is normally a stock watch, is now hard to get, almost like a Rolex Sport Watch from a few months ago! just my luck!

My two

Master
    Hang on to yours Speedy's lol, just had a call from my AD saying there is no UK stock on also a back order of 84 watches, they also said its unlikely they can get me one for a good few months!

So what is normally a stock watch, is now hard to get, almost like a Rolex Sport Watch from a few months ago! just my luck!
    Nonsense. Ring around and you'll have one within the hour.

David M Robinson and Goldsmiths in Liverpool both had them in the window last week and Iconic has it listed as 'in stock' on their website and £600 below RRP.

Master
    I see the OP's nice new Speedmaster packaging and raise it with this - the packaging provided with my 2007 50th Anniversary edition. :D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Nonsense. Ring around and you'll have one within the hour.
    Tried the Manchester Omega Boutique, they want £3520 RRP even though I was paying cash, the Trafford centre Boutique are yes to call back even though I have called them back to remind them

Iconic in Blackburn have one for £2920 for a EU Watch and they wouldn't tell me where from, the first person I called was clueless and the second quite abrupt

I'm gonna Waite till July for the local AD near me to call, I'm a bit cured to be honest Adrian

Matt

Master

I'm gonna Waite till July for the local AD near me to call, I'm a bit cured to be honest Adrian

Matt
    I'll PM you a lead then!

Master
    I'll PM you a lead then!
    Great Shop, great staff and had plenty of dealings, but unfortunately aren't expecting to replenish their stock till mid July

But thanks for the lead Adrian, and thats where i will more than likely buy my Watch

Matt

Master
    Any Dark Side / Grey Sides etc?

Incidentally, when setting the time, I cannot get the seconds hand to stop by using gentle anti-clockwise pressure on the crown in the time setting position (I have tried all variations, at all pressures and both when fully wound and nearly run-down). It's slightly annoying as it means I can't get my watch to exactly match the correct time. I'm not an obsessive time keeper so not a big deal, but I am one of those people that at least likes to see things work as they should.

Am I missing something obvious?

Apprentice
    Premoon Speedy 105.012. Bezel is a little bit worn...

Any Dark Side / Grey Sides etc?

Incidentally, when setting the time, I cannot get the seconds hand to stop by using gentle anti-clockwise pressure on the crown in the time setting position (I have tried all variations, at all pressures and both when fully wound and nearly run-down). It's slightly annoying as it means I can't get my watch to exactly match the correct time. I'm not an obsessive time keeper so not a big deal, but I am one of those people that at least likes to see things work as they should.

Am I missing something obvious?
    No.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    No.
    Is this common?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oku-Lele View Post
    Premoon Speedy 105.012. Bezel is a little bit worn...
    Mines not much better. I've just put it on a 1116 bracelet, I love the look and feels amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Mines not much better. I've just put it on a 1116 bracelet, I love the look and feels amazing.

Both look lovely, that patina is a part of the charm.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    that patina is a part of the charm.
    Indeed. That's why I did not buy a modern one. And if you need glasses, you even don't realize it

Master
    Check the numbers Matt £600 is a lot to pay for a cup of coffee.
    Well, yes. But you also get a factory fresh watch from an authorised dealer who has formal links with Omega; and you don't get a watch from 'somewhere in Europe' sold by a firm with no links to Omega...or any other brand. On top of which you can get a good discount from many ADs in my experience.
    It is not a simple choice. For me a good AD with a fair discount was attractive. For others, a firm like Iconic is preferred. Up to you. Neither route is always better .

Thanks to pluseditor (Chris) I now have this next to new one on my wrist as I type this:

I did need to move on quite a few pieces from my collection to free up funds for this but now that I have it I think it was worth it.

The only problem is where to store the biggest watch box Ive even seen!
    Last edited by Velorum; 2nd June 2017 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Thanks to pluseditor (Chris) I now have this next to new one on my wrist as I type this:

I did need to move on quite a few pieces from my collection to free up funds for this but now that I have it I think it was worth it.

Well done,looks great 👍

Craftsman

Really looks great on the brown croc strap too! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Excellent choice Ian, I didn't think I would see you wearing something like a 42mm Speedy - but it looks good on you. Enjoy.

Excellent choice Ian, I didn't think I would see you wearing something like a 42mm Speedy - but it looks good on you. Enjoy.
    Thanks!

I have always worried about the size and when I have tried ones on in the past for brief periods have still been left uncertain.

Having worn a cheap homage with an almost identical shape (slightly taller though) every day for a week I was finally convinced that it would be OK.

Thanks!

I have always worried about the size and when I have tried ones on in the past for brief periods have still been left uncertain.

Having worn a cheap homage with an almost identical shape (slightly taller though) every day for a week I was finally convinced that it would be OK.
    This almost gives me more pleasure than getting the SD43.
    Enjoy it, Ian.

Thanks Raj!

Nice one Ian, how does it look next to the 168.0004?

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Nice one Ian, how does it look next to the 168.0004?
    A lot bigger!

Here it is on the same Hirsch strap

Master
    Yesterday i finally managed to get myself a Speedy, put it straight on the Leather Rally Strap i had ordered from Pavel a few days ago, not sure if the pic will turn out well but here goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    No.
    Is this common?
    Some will do it and some won't.

TBH if a watch hasn't got a hack mechanism I don't worry about rather than trying all that backward pressure stuff.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Here are my three:

Speedmaster - Sapphire Sandwich

Apollo 11 45th Anniversary

CK2998 Ltd Edition

Craftsman
    Tried this on today. The first ever speedmaster on my wrist. Beautiful piece but very surprised how light it was. Although it could have been because I had to take off my beast of a Seiko Turtle to try it on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Now that the coast is clear in my house I have had the opportunity to tale a proper look at the packaging that mine came in.

A small suitcase, within a box, surrounded by cardboard sleeve within another box - all weighing about half a stone.

OK, the loupe / spare straps are nice and the photo laden space mission book is worth having but crikey do we really need all this packaging?

I nearly did myself a mischief getting this into the loft.

Master
    Now that the coast is clear in my house I have had the opportunity to tale a proper look at the packaging that mine came in.

A small suitcase, within a box, surrounded by cardboard sleeve within another box - all weighing about half a stone.

OK, the loupe / spare straps are nice and the photo laden space mission book is worth having but crikey do we really need all this packaging?

When i have a spare couple of hours, i think i will have a look fir that book Ian, any clues to where it is?

When i have a spare couple of hours, i think i will have a look fir that book Ian, any clues to where it is?
    Well, I could go up into the loft, unpack the many layers and take a photo - however I might loose the will to live!

Just the one

About the same amount of guff I got with the Snoopy - you will need to factor in £30 for RMSD if you need to flip this

Master
    Well, I could go up into the loft, unpack the many layers and take a photo - however I might loose the will to live!
    haha know what you mean mate, I've just unpacked mine as i had to know if the books were there, plus i had to do a little repair on that outer box, one of the sides had come loose so i re-glued it, surprised to see that was made from wood

Anyway all fixed, and i got the Watch cheaper due to the damage, when i purchased it i only checked for the Straps, loupe, tool and extra spring bars were present, forgot all about those books and didn't lift the inner box from the outer when i removed the watch

Terrible ipad 2 pic

About the same amount of guff I got with the Snoopy - you will need to factor in £30 for RMSD if you need to flip this
    No wonder Chris was so keen on a FTF sale!

I would much rather they had supplied it in one those classic red boxes - they are lovely things

Master
    Ryt, time to get the folk lift out to put the box back on top of the wardrobe!

Craftsman

The TZUK Speedmaster Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Tried this on today. The first ever speedmaster on my wrist. Beautiful piece but very surprised how light it was. Although it could have been because I had to take off my beast of a Seiko Turtle to try it on.

Taylor - these are super and so under-rated IMHO. If they stop making them (some say they have or are about to) then a nice one or even a new one from an AD is worth picking up before they dry up. The hand-wind 1866 movement (1863 luxe finish with added moonphase and date complication) is spot on, plus sapphire crystal and the sapphire caseback lets you enjoy the movement when it is running which is wonderful. At £4,000 list from AD's these are the bargain of the Omega range right now, IMHO. For some anomalous reason that's actually cheaper by £80 than the standard Speedy sandwich, and with the extra moonphase complication.

Far nicer watch than the 44.25mm 'Moonwatch co-axial' IMHO. And the Moonwatch co-axial is £7,520 list........

Last edited by tom waring; 30th May 2017 at 09:15.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tom waring View Post
    Taylor - these are super and so under-rated IMHO. If they stop making them (some say they have or are about to) then a nice one or even a new one from an AD is worth picking up before they dry up. The hand-wind 1866 movement (1863 luxe finish with added moonphase and date complication) is spot on, plus sapphire crystal and the sapphire caseback lets you enjoy the movement when it is running which is wonderful. At £4,000 list from AD's these are the bargain of the Omega range right now, IMHO. For some anomalous reason that's actually cheaper by £80 than the standard Speedy sandwich, and with the extra moonphase complication.

Far nicer watch than the 44.25mm 'Moonwatch co-axial' IMHO. And the Moonwatch co-axial is £7,520 list........

Couldn't agree more. The moonphase complication gives what is essentially a tool watch a wonderful elegant touch. This was reduced to £3200 so even better. Just wish funds would allow.

Ryt, time to get the folk lift out to put the box back on top of the wardrobe!
    Is there any market for these suitcases within hernia inducing boxes I wonder?

Leaving aside the whole 'does it lower the value of your watch' business that has been done to death in other threads I am tempted to put mine on eBay.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Leaving aside the whole 'does it lower the value of your watch' business that has been done to death in other threads I am tempted to put mine on eBay.

Im sure i recently sure one on eBay for £280

Think that was every think but the Watch, and maybe the cards

I could be tempted to take it off your hands at £280 but would need postage to Berlin, which I would cover of course!

There's a one on eBay at the moment (in London) for a buy it now price of £450.

That appears to be with the booklets, straps, loupe and paperweight though.

I would want to hang on to these.

Quote Originally Posted by tom waring View Post

Iconic have both far cheaper than RRP, the black Moonphase is £3.3k and the new footprint moonphase is £6k - both big savings on the RRP.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/our-b...eedmaster.html

No wonder Chris was so keen on a FTF sale!

I would much rather they had supplied it in one those classic red boxes - they are lovely things

Wise words.

As the price of Speedies and Omegas in general has risen wildly in recent times the packaging has enlarged to match.

I suppose they want to make you think you are getting more for your ever increasing money?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website: