closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Free Stainless Steel Links from Omega?

Master

Free Stainless Steel Links from Omega?

I bought my wife a 28mm Aqua Terra for her birthday in November. She said it was a good, if snug fit, but has now decided that it needs an extra link or half link in the bracelet. Yesterday I rang the Omega Boutique at Bluewater to be told that anyone buying a stainless steel Omega from an AD or OB is entitled to 2 links free of charge.
    Can anyone confirm this or has anyone experienced it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I bought my wife a 28mm Aqua Terra for her birthday in November. She said it was a good, if snug fit, but has now decided that it needs an extra link or half link in the bracelet. Yesterday I rang the Omega Boutique at Bluewater to be told that anyone buying a stainless steel Omega from an AD or OB is entitled to 2 links free of charge.
    I don’t know if that is true but if so that is fantastic customer service.

I comprehensively trashed the clasp on my Seamaster 120M a couple of years ago whilst resizing the bracelet. I sent it off to Omega who replaced it free of charge which I thought was impressive.

Master
    Was this a new watch you bought her from an AD?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I think most ADs do this, I have a big wrist and when I buy new always need at least one more link. To date that includes my green sub, Air King, and several Omegas - I’ve yet to pay for any.

I rang the Omega Boutique at Bluewater to be told that anyone buying a stainless steel Omega from an AD or OB is entitled to 2 links free of charge.
    Why do you need confirmation if you’ve been told this by Omega? They’ll be the ones giving you the links.

If you did buy from an AD, then really you should have a full set of spare links, and not just those in the bracelet itself (unless it was already at its maximum size).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Was this a new watch you bought her from an AD?

Yes, a 28mm Aqua Terra. Bought in October.

Doesn't surprise me, Omega bracelets don't come that large.

Cheaper this way than supplying everyone with an 8½" bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Why do you need confirmation if you’ve been told this by Omega? They’ll be the ones giving you the links.
    'Cos I'm a nasty suspicious individual & I wanted to be sure I wasn't getting fobbed off. Also I didn't buy it from the OB at Bluewater, I bought it from an AD in North London. I don't want to call up the AD & look a numpty if the story is not true...

Master
    Did they remove links from the full bracelet before sale? It's very unusual for a full new bracelet not to be big enough for a wrist.

Master
    Did they remove links from the full bracelet before sale? It's very unusual for a full new bracelet not to be big enough for a wrist.

No, I bought it as it was. My wife was unable to come with me to get it sized instore. When she put it on she said it was a good, if snug, fit. She now feels that it's too tight if her wrist swells & could do with being a bit bigger. Nothing has been added or removed the bracelet, it's just as it was made.

Master

Theft and Valuation

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    My insurers accepted my Speedmaster at £3,520 (need to revise that now...) but my 2007 2254 I had valued at the equivalent in the current range. They asked me to get an actual valuation, for which I'm still waiting.

Master
    No, I bought it as it was. My wife was unable to come with me to get it sized instore. When she put it on she said it was a good, if snug, fit. She now feels that it's too tight if her wrist swells & could do with being a bit bigger. Nothing has been added or removed the bracelet, it's just as it was made.
    Unless your wife has significantly larger than average wrists, I suspect you've been given a shortened bracelet.

How many links are on either side?

Master
    Unless your wife has significantly larger than average wrists, I suspect you've been given a shortened bracelet.

How many links are on either side?

I don't have access to it right now, I'll check that out. The watch was straight from the box though, nothing was done to it (in my presence at least).

'Cos I'm a nasty suspicious individual & I wanted to be sure I wasn't getting fobbed off. Also I didn't buy it from the OB at Bluewater, I bought it from an AD in North London. I don't want to call up the AD & look a numpty if the story is not true...
    Why would you look a numpty? Omega has told you this, not some chap down the pub. If the AD says no dice, then get back on to Omega with the AD's details and let Omega sort it out for you. A quick phone call from Omega to the AD should remedy the situation.

If you have proof of purchase Omega will likely send you the links, or fit them for you if you pop into an Omega boutique. No need to be sheepish about it.

I've found Omega to be very obliging in the past. I"m surprised they didn't offer to sort out the links for you when you called them before.

Master
    It's definitely true at my local Boutique, can't confirm for ADs.

Very useful on Omegas if you need two half links for a perfect fit as you only get one as standard.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Why would you look a numpty? Omega has told you this, not some chap down the pub. If the AD says no dice, then get back on to Omega with the AD's details and let Omega sort it out for you. A quick phone call from Omega to the AD should remedy the situation.

If you have proof of purchase Omega will likely send you the links, or fit them for you if you pop into an Omega boutique. No need to be sheepish about it.

I've found Omega to be very obliging in the past. I"m surprised they didn't offer to sort out the links for you when you called them before.
    Sean,

The AD has ordered the link for me, gratis. He was very helpful & did it there & then more or less. As you say, Omega service is very good. The OB said they'd fit the link gratis, or I can go to the AD (slightly further but always a pleasant experience) for fitting.
    I was reticent because I rang just before closing on Sunday & knowing what links CAN cost, I wondered if it was just something she said to get rid of me... Happy to say I was wrong.

Sean,

The AD has ordered the link for me, gratis. He was very helpful & did it there & then more or less. As you say, Omega service is very good. The OB said they'd fit the link gratis, or I can go to the AD (slightly further but always a pleasant experience) for fitting.
    I was reticent because I rang just before closing on Sunday & knowing what links CAN cost, I wondered if it was just something she said to get rid of me... Happy to say I was wrong.
    Good result!

Master

Free Stainless Steel Links from Omega?

I called into the Omega boutique on Bond Street a while back (crikey, probably a good 7 years) and they fitted 2 new links to my Speedmaster. I made it perfectly clear that I’d bought it second hand expecting to be in for a significant bill, but in actual fact they did the whole lot free of charge....
    Gave me a nice cuppa whilst I waited and let my try on whatever I fancied whilst I was there.
    Top service from Omega every time I have the need to deal with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    AD emailed me this afternoon, link will be sent out to me tomorrow. That's service!